Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Absolutely incredible, my jaw fell when they said "No load screens" as I look back on games like Fallout etc, sounds insane that they could get the level of detail in this and async load it all.
You won't get that level of detail in the final game.

Also asset streaming is the norm towards the end of a console life cycle, because memory limits what can be loaded in advance. Game developers are still working with 4 GB of RAM on Xbox One. You get loading screens disguised as elevators. All these tricks are really nothing new.

If this will indeed run as good as it looks like, on a rig they claim it was running on...I'm feeling safe, and even more excited for it :D Note to self - no overhyping. But it's hard to resist. It looks so good!
This is pre-downgrade. The final version will run on any not too old standard rig, because it will be made for 2013 specs. CDPR is not developing a PC exclusive. They know where the primary market for single player games is.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I don't like watching long trailers. I watched enough of it to convince myself I was going to buy it. But I do have a question for anyone who watched to the end...

Does it have in humour in it?

I found the Witcher series to be a little on the dry side. I never bothered with Witcher 3 because of that. What I've seen of this game does show more promise, a dystopian future where everyone is only looking out for themselves. Any fans of "Brazil" will know the opportunities for dark humour I'm talking about.

What? Witcher 3 dry?

"Why there are little mice poo-balls in this bread? -- It's not poo, it's raisins -- Oh yeah? Why does it smell of poo then? -- Dunno, maybe you didn't wash your hands for a while?"

I think it sounds much better in Polish. On that note as well - there are quite a few political jokes in there that only a Polish person would get, as they related to the political situation in Poland at the time... But there are things like pop-culture references (go to the cellar in Baron's manor - there's bit of a Pulp Fiction reference there), there are a lot of good jokes in the game. I suggest just wandering around Novigrad and listen to the pedestrians :)

Anyway, don't think there was any humour in the CP demo.

I don't like watching long trailers. I watched enough of it to convince myself I was going to buy it.
Well I watched the whole thing to convince myself to not buy it. Despite having a weak spot for Deus-Ex-style games and liking CDPR's previous products.

I can't pinpoint it, but the tone, art design and gameplay doesn't meet my expectations.

Last edited:
Well I watched the whole thing to convince myself to not buy it. Despite having a weak spot for Deus-Ex-style games and liking CDPR's previous products.

I can't pinpoint it, but the art design and gameplay doesn't meet my expectations.

This bit of info might strengthen your resolve... Mr Cyberpunk himself, William Gibson didn't like the game.

I have no intentions of resisting temptation. I'm buying the game, and on rootsrat's recommendation I might get Witcher 3 and all.

The most impressive demo i have seen.
I watched all the long video , i was unable to stop.

The most impressive part is the walk in the city.

Gameplay itself and characteristics of the protagonist aren't so unique and different from other games.
But still an incredible step ahead for gaming industry.

What? Witcher 3 dry?

"Why there are little mice poo-balls in this bread? -- It's not poo, it's raisins -- Oh yeah? Why does it smell of poo then? -- Dunno, maybe you didn't wash your hands for a while?"

I think it sounds much better in Polish. On that note as well - there are quite a few political jokes in there that only a Polish person would get, as they related to the political situation in Poland at the time... But there are things like pop-culture references (go to the cellar in Baron's manor - there's bit of a Pulp Fiction reference there), there are a lot of good jokes in the game. I suggest just wandering around Novigrad and listen to the pedestrians :)

Anyway, don't think there was any humour in the CP demo.

I can't say I would understand Polish inside jokes, but I did always enjoy humour in The Witcher.
It's an interesting remark that there is no humour in that CP demo. I hope that's not the case for the whole game. Humour is how people deal with difficulty. Be it harsh middle ages, or dystopian future. Not having humour in CP would feel... unnatural.

This bit of info might strengthen your resolve... Mr Cyberpunk himself, William Gibson didn't like the game.
I could start pondering on individual design choices, but I think that's pointless. It's going to be marketed to death and a great commercial success regardless.

I'm buying the game, and on rootsrat's recommendation I might get Witcher 3 and all.
Witcher 3 is pretty different from this. It's great. Just as the early Cyberpunk 2077 material back from 2013 was. But watching this, I can clearly see the studio bleeding talent.

The most impressive part is the walk in the city.
That's just graphics, that won't be in the final product on the final hardware.

Gameplay itself and characteristics of the protagonist aren't so unique and different from other games.
But still an incredible step ahead for gaming industry.
The gaming industry is already far beyond that, if you ever touched a Japanese production.

You won't get that level of detail in the final game.

Also asset streaming is the norm towards the end of a console life cycle, because memory limits what can be loaded in advance. Game developers are still working with 4 GB of RAM on Xbox One. You get loading screens disguised as elevators. All these tricks are really nothing new.

This is pre-downgrade. The final version will run on any not too old standard rig, because it will be made for 2013 specs. CDPR is not developing a PC exclusive. They know where the primary market for single player games is.

Witcher 3 was downgraded for consoles far more than for PC. Even then, it still ran at 20fps in many parts on both consoles. It is unfortunate that large portion of players/potential customers are on hopelessly outdated hardware. Still, that doesn't mean they can't keep some of the extra graphical settings for PC.

Last edited:
PC and consoles got the same assets. Everything else would be a nightmare for development and maintenance.

Content was the same. The way the game was tuned is very different. Almost everything graphics-wise was majorly toned down for consoles. Textures, LOD, pop-in distance etc. You get essentially same games, but they do look different. Nothing prevents them to do the same to this game.
Edit. Even lighting was different I believe.

Deleted member 110222

D
Content was the same. The way the game was tuned is very different. Almost everything graphics-wise was majorly toned down for consoles. Textures, LOD, pop-in distance etc. You get essentially same games, but they do look different. Nothing prevents them to do the same to this game.
Edit. Even lighting was different I believe.

I'm fine with that myself.

Witcher 3 was downgraded for consoles far more than for PC. Even then, it still ran at 20fps in many parts on both consoles. It is unfortunate that large portion of players/potential customers are on hopelessly outdated hardware. Still, that doesn't mean they can't keep some of the extra graphical settings for PC.

I'll be buying a beefier PC soon for playing Elite in VR. I'll wait until I've gotten it before I buy Witcher 3. Instead of future proofing it for a game coming out in a couple of years time I might just plump for a GTX1080ti

I'll be buying a beefier PC soon for playing Elite in VR. I'll wait until I've gotten it before I buy Witcher 3. Instead of future proofing it for a game coming out in a couple of years time I might just plump for a GTX1080ti

Wait till the market is saturated with 20-series of nVidia cards. I think 1080Ti will be a steal, then.

Top Bottom