Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

OK, but you're running your own farm, you probably enjoy tending to it, and all your work on your farm will be for your own benefit. Now imagine you were just an employee on someone else's farm and your boss said:

"Mole HD, we decided to change the current crops again, now instead of just corn we'll need strawberries too, we'll need you to work 3 extra hours a day to change it fast because the season is ending next month. What do you mean you can't plant strawberries in a cornfield, dirt is dirt right? Oh and we already told out customer that we'll have the first strawberries ready in 2 weeks, so if you could get going that would be swell!"
If farming was planned and run the way software development is, you'd all starve :D There's no room for egos in farming outside of the big time agricultural corporations. If you work at a small privately owned farm, you'll know who the boss is because he/she's the one dressed in filthy overalls in the fitters shed pulling the gear train out of a tractor 4 hours before you turn up for work...

Fortunately, most of the big planning and day to day operation is done with mother nature at the helm, as it has been for the last 12 thousand years (give or take)...all we do as farmers is help a bit :)

Last edited:
When I worked as a contractor (DBA) there were only paid days and unpaid days. On-call on rotation for support, at most sites changes could only be done out of hours or on weekends. Often the out of hours work had to be done on site and couldn't be done remotely, some changes took more than 8 hours so we would work shifts on them. I guess it depends on what is normal for your occupation/profession.

The NHS is the same, we are all being crunched now with COVID and since main lockdown ended all those operations that got cancelled landed on our laps alongside everything else that builds up anyway. Not paid any extra for it, just get on with it.

I think the bloody media's reporting in general on how CDPR are managing it as usual focuses on how crunch is bad and ummmm it's bad. But like a few articles have said the overtime is being paid for it and with only 6 weeks to go surely this is doable in anyone's book. I'd highly suggest that if COVID hadn't happened they wouldnt be crunching right now anyway. Just one of those 2020 things.

And now they're working overtime for the day 1 patch. 😄

I'm trying to arrange the following week off work so I can play. Not even ordered it yet - I am trying very hard to stick to my "no preorders ever" rule (which has been in place since X-Rebirth).

And now they're working overtime for the day 1 patch. 😄

I'm trying to arrange the following week off work so I can play. Not even ordered it yet - I am trying very hard to stick to my "no preorders ever" rule (which has been in place since X-Rebirth).

I try to keep "No day 1 purchase" rule in effect, but that is not as easy sometimes, when you are looking forward to something. Best thing is to not get hyped at all. Just let it pass and then someday itll be on the shelves and you have all the time to check whether it's worth a buy.

I try to keep "No day 1 purchase" rule in effect, but that is not as easy sometimes, when you are looking forward to something. Best thing is to not get hyped at all. Just let it pass and then someday itll be on the shelves and you have all the time to check whether it's worth a buy.

The thing is, the rule is so redundant nowadays with Steam's refund policy. You basically get a "free" 2 hour try of any game you want, and I'd surely know in that time if it was an overhyped hot mess or not. 🤷‍♀️

The thing is, the rule is so redundant nowadays with Steam's refund policy. You basically get a "free" 2 hour try of any game you want, and I'd surely know in that time if it was an overhyped hot mess or not. 🤷‍♀️
Same with GOG. I think there is actually even more wiggle room for refunds. I think they go by your achievements to see if you've played "a significant portion of the game" and if they can't help you resolve an issue you have with a game, for example, they will refun you no matter how long you've been playing or owning the game.
Also, imo CP2077 is definitely overhyped and can't possibly live up to the expectations, of course. :LOL:
The real question is if it simply will be a good game. :)

Same with GOG. I think there is actually even more wiggle room for refunds....
...The real question is if it simply will be a good game.

I have a lot of respect for GOG after they offered refunds from their own pockets to any NMS players who wanted multiplayer support that, when introduced, through no fault of GOG, they were initially unable to offer. Whilst it didn't take too long for multiplayer to make it onto GOG, I thought this was very decent behaviour by GOG.

Whilst keen to play CP2077, I'm equally happy for the first couple of patches to hit live before buying in - assuming the reviews/forum-feedback are largely reasonable.

Same with GOG. I think there is actually even more wiggle room for refunds. I think they go by your achievements to see if you've played "a significant portion of the game" and if they can't help you resolve an issue you have with a game, for example, they will refun you no matter how long you've been playing or owning the game.
Also, imo CP2077 is definitely overhyped and can't possibly live up to the expectations, of course. :LOL:
The real question is if it simply will be a good game. :)
It helps of course that GOG is owned by CDPR. It's the original East European game distribution service that CDPR was built from :)

As for CP2077, CDPR will be well aware of the over-hyping... It seems like they're actually revelling in it...but they're also known for doing good things and putting the effort in so the hype is somewhat justified. I can't see them letting the side down with this, not after the 2 delays over the space of a year to simply get it done right. There will no doubt be release day bugs here and there...but at the end of the day, I don't think that'll matter too much.

So far, history has shown CDPR certainly push the boat out and get better with every released title...I can't realistically see CP2077 being the title that breaks that cycle, not from what we've seen so far. They've proven themselves to be masters of story telling through their games...and probably why I'm so looking forward to CP2077.

I was confident enough to buy in as soon as it was available for pre-order...nearly a year ago. Originally pre-ordered through Steam, cancelled that and went through GOG Galaxy in the end, simply because CDPR will get all the proceeds rather than less 30%....plus no DRM and 100% available to play offline unlike the Steam release. The game was only 5 quid or so cheaper through GOG so it wasn't the price that attracted me.

In the highly unlikely event that I should wish to refund the purchase....I'm sure that GOG will honour it outside of the initial 2 hours :)

Last edited:
I have a lot of respect for GOG after they offered refunds from their own pockets to any NMS players who wanted multiplayer support that, when introduced, through no fault of GOG, they were initially unable to offer. Whilst it didn't take too long for multiplayer to make it onto GOG, I thought this was very decent behaviour by GOG.

Whilst keen to play CP2077, I'm equally happy for the first couple of patches to hit live before buying in - assuming the reviews/forum-feedback are largely reasonable.
Well, they sold it and got the money in their 'own' pocket, no?

I've no doubt it will eventually become a classic that maybe even eclipses Witcher 3, but my main concern really is whether the release day bugs are going to be so severe that the game is unplayable for the first week or two. I've booked the following week off work to play. 😄

Well, they sold it and got the money in their 'own' pocket, no?

No. Steam takes 30% of the price, the rest goes to the developers/publishers. I don't know what percentage GOG take. So in refunding the full price they paid, out of their pocket, the developers/publishers portion. This seems decent behaviour towards their customers, as no matter how long you'd had the game for, you got a full refund. For a problem that they had no control over.

No. Steam takes 30% of the price, the rest goes to the developers/publishers. I don't know what percentage GOG take. So in refunding the full price they paid, out of their pocket, the developers/publishers portion. This seems decent behaviour towards their customers, as no matter how long you'd had the game for, you got a full refund. For a problem that they had no control over.
Like I said...GOG is a wholly owned subsidiary of CDPR. The 2 CEO's of CDPR, one present the other former, Marcin Iwiński and Michał Kiciński, founded 'Good Old Games' (as it was then) as a branch of the original company, CD Projekt in the mid 90's distributing DRM free western games to a game starved eastern Europe. It paid for their beginnings as a game development studio in their own right under the banner of CD Projekt Red.

Last edited:
Like I said...GOG is a wholly owned subsidiary of CDPR.....

I didn't know that. In my defence, it's pre my first coffee of the day, so hadn't read that far up/back. Live and learn!!

E. dammit, horrendous news - the cafetière needs a refill.... sorry to break such horrid news....

I didn't know that. In my defence, it's pre my first coffee of the day, so hadn't read that far up/back. Live and learn!!
Surprisingly...not a lot of people do know that :D

I only found out a year or so ago watching a 'Ten years of the Witcher' live panel video done by noclip... a 2 hour long vid but a good and interesting watch. It gives a genuine insight into CDPR as a company and who they are. My favourite quote from the video is from Marcin Iwiński, he said...

"When we sit down at one of our company board meetings to decide whether we should charge for DLC or ask for an increase in the price of a game. We ask ourselves one question...'Can we stand up in front of a room full of gamers and justify that cost?' If the answer is no...we don't do it."

Last edited:
And on the subject of not a lot of people know... I've just read that... "Carrots are orange colored for purely political reasons. In the 17th century, Dutch breeders cultivated orange carrots as a tribute to Wilhelm von Orange - who led the fight for Dutch independence - and the color got stuck! A thousand year story of yellow, white and purple carrots was wiped out in one generation..."

Top Bottom