Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Cyberpunk uses Jali for facial animations and speech of characters which adapts to different languages. So they didn't motion capture the faces for each dialogue.

"Cyberpunk 2077 Speech Animation Workflow: An audio performance and tagged animation transcript from Canada's JALI Inc. is used to generate expressive high fidelity multi-lingual speech at unprecedented scale in a highly anticipated massive open world video game from CD PROJEKT RED with complex branching narrative."

Cyberpunk uses Jali for facial animations and speech of characters which adapts to different languages. So they didn't motion capture the faces for each dialogue.

"Cyberpunk 2077 Speech Animation Workflow: An audio performance and tagged animation transcript from Canada's JALI Inc. is used to generate expressive high fidelity multi-lingual speech at unprecedented scale in a highly anticipated massive open world video game from CD PROJEKT RED with complex branching narrative."

Fascinating.
We may not have flying cars in 2020, but there certainly is some mind-boggling tech around, these days.

No problem at all, they have well earned my patience with the quality of their past work.

Now... time to push forward those vacations I had scheduled for the end of November...

Possibly like Flight Sim 2020, this is a game I may well leave for the Christmas period, which allows for a few (more) bug patches to be released.

Conveniently this also allows for my broken PC to be replaced... ...it's a long story... :-/

Seems the latest delay has upset quite a few folks...me too, not so much upset but disappointed since it's just too many regurgitations of last minute revised release dates now. I pre-ordered this almost a full year ago...just cancelled the pre-order. I won't reward any game company...not even CDPR... for persistent delays regardless of the reasoning behind it.

I decided that with the refunded cash, I'll at least be able to play AC Valhalla instead. I'll pick CP2077 up next year at some point when it goes on sale somewhere. :censored:

Last edited:
Yeah seems some people are upset about the delay. How lucky does Frontier have it with just the odd handbag fight around here.

Argh, i think cyberpunk is going to be the beginning of the end for gaming for me. I would have gotten it just because of the scope and how it stands in the rest of gaming.. but for the first time ever, what's winning is the assertion "i don't care about cyberpunk".. being reminded by how much i can't play nms as much as i want to.

I'll just be happy playing eso and elite for the moment, and anything high fantasy will do. Will wait until my boy is old enough to play and see what's happening then.

I think i also could have missed the point where gaming is pretty much as crap as cinema. I was always into technology so probably kept tunnelling away adding more to the pile of unplayed games... but no its just as dumb as cinema.. probably for years now. When epic open world games are also looking like formula from the moment you get in there are problems.

You say that like Odyssey isnt going to be delayed well into late 2021....

To be honest, I'd prefer seeing Odyssey (or any other game) release being delayed rather than being released full of annoying bugs and broken stuff that will go unattended for years.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Well, as long as money has not exchanged hands with a release date as part of the deal I find it extemely hard to be demanding or harsh of how a business, any business, decides to run its projects. I can of course point and laugh, but hardly be upset about it. Their money, their resources, their decisions on release dates (and also their right to make their own mistakes) 🤷‍♂️ .

Same deal with Cyberpunk, only those who had pre ordered on the basis of a specific release date sold with it have a right to really be upset about this. Everyone else, well, meh. Also, those upset have a very simple recourse to express that unhappiness and thereby sending a message that the developer will probably take into account for next time: You most likely can have a refund if you ask, like Mole did.

Last edited:
I used the refund from CP2077 to renew my Ubisoft+ subscription for a couple of months. I had opted out of the monthly subs after GR Breakpoint proved to be utterly meh...and the rest of the games on Ubisoft+ I usually play like GR Wildlands, AC Origins and Odyssey plus a couple of the Far Cry series, I already own through Steam...

However, Watchdogs Legion drops tomorrow and AC Valhalla pops along on the 10th of November. I'll keep the Ubisoft+ sub going for a couple of months just to play those 2...if I recant and get hold of CP2077 after the 10th of December, at least those 2 Ubisoft titles will keep me busy until then :)

Edit: Seemingly, Watchdogs Legion is available to play early with the Ubsisoft+ sub...as soon as it's downloaded basically. Something to look forward to this evening :)

Last edited:
While the delay is sad, it's not sad for all ;-) some of us are still awaiting those 3080's ordered in the first few minutes of the sales going live ;-)
Having said that, I'd like to point out one thing:

Booking a vacation to play on release date is pure madness.

And that's because there WILL be bugs at launch, even with CDPR game. Just look at Elite releases (I know it's the opposite end of quality spectrum, but still). Software projects are complex nowadays and it is near impossible to account for all possible hardware combinations. You just have to set it out in the wild, gather as much feedback as you can and reiterate. And with single player games like CP is, there will be no beta, obviously.
I also remember that Witcher 2 had a fight in the beginning that was so hard most players couldn't complete it - so they nerfed it a bit after release. Things like that do happen.

Also, we do not preorder ;-) Although I'm giving CDPR the benefit of the doubt on this one. It is weird though considering the game's supposedly gold - maybe they're really trying to iron it out before release.

Seems the latest delay has upset quite a few folks...me too, not so much upset but disappointed since it's just too many regurgitations of last minute revised release dates now. I pre-ordered this almost a full year ago...just cancelled the pre-order. I won't reward any game company...not even CDPR... for persistent delays regardless of the reasoning behind it.

I decided that with the refunded cash, I'll at least be able to play AC Valhalla instead. I'll pick CP2077 up next year at some point when it goes on sale somewhere. :censored:
Same. I'll be enjoying Valhalla during the November and buy CP when I feel like it.

Honestly I don't mind the delays. I welcomed the first one, then the second one disappointed me a bit because I would have much more time to play in September than I would at the end of November, but this third delay really peeved me off, not because I wouldn't undestand why, but on principle - they PROMISED no more delays. Don't promise things you cannot keep.

Oh well.

Top Bottom