Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Yeah that would do it but for whatever reason physical copies are still a thing and I haven't seen much of a push to finish with them by publishers

Digital sales
Digital sales are happening more with the consoles nowadays, Xbox in particular with Xbox players using gamepass ultimate and the Xbox store more than ever. Physical disc sales are still a big thing for consoles though with a lot of players preferring it. As a comparison, one of the few games I own a physical copy of on Xbox is RDR2. I didn't buy the game but it came as part of the Xbox one X package along with digital copies of Forza Horizons and Forza 4...as much as I bought the Xbox package strictly for RDR2 having given my old Xbox one away to a friend for his kids a couple of years ago.

On PC, the last physical game disc I bought was Silent Hunter 3...back in the 1990's. My PC gaming is tied to being online with an online presence required to play 90% of my games be they single player or not. It's taking console players a bit to get used to not having to shove a CD in the front and being forced to put up with DRM feature ridden gameplay is all. They pay more for games with the developers/publishers having the extra costs of producing physical copies (average price on Xbox games is $65 compared to PC being $45)...although the publishers now charge the same price for digital copies across the board, even on PC.

The differences used to be: Console players having cheaper hardware and more expensive physical game discs, PC gamers having expensive hardware and cheaper digital games...but it's all coming to be much of a sameness nowadays with the consoles becoming more digital...but still with relatively cheaper hardware. The Xbox series X has broken the old PC hardware superiority for price...with the equivalent hardware to performance on PC being an i9 CPU and a RTX 2080ti GPU...try building a PC with those specs for $500 :oops:

Last edited:
Digital sales are happening more with the consoles nowadays, Xbox in particular with Xbox players using gamepass ultimate and the Xbox store more than ever. Physical disc sales are still a big thing for consoles though with a lot of players preferring it. As a comparison, one of the few games I own a physical copy of on Xbox is RDR2. I didn't buy the game but it came as part of the Xbox one X package along with digital copies of Forza Horizons and Forza 4...as much as I bought the Xbox package strictly for RDR2 having given my old Xbox one away to a friend for his kids a couple of years ago.

On PC, the last physical game disc I bought was Silent Hunter 3...back in the 1990's. My PC gaming is tied to being online with an online presence required to play 90% of my games be they single player or not. It's taking console players a bit to get used to not having to shove a CD in the front and being forced to put up with DRM feature ridden gameplay is all. They pay more for games with the developers/publishers having the extra costs of producing physical copies (average price on Xbox games is $65 compared to PC being $45)...although the publishers now charge the same price for digital copies across the board, even on PC.

The differences used to be: Console players having cheaper hardware and more expensive physical game discs, PC gamers having expensive hardware and cheaper digital games...but it's all coming to be much of a sameness nowadays with the consoles becoming more digital...but still with relatively cheaper hardware. The Xbox series X has broken the old PC hardware superiority for price...with the equivalent hardware to performance on PC being an i9 CPU and a RTX 2080ti GPU...try building a PC with those specs for $500 :oops:

The console market has still to catch up with the digital sales channel. Most shops that sold games have closed the shelves or severely limited the space here. I guess it has to do with the disk sizes of the HD/SSD in consoles. They were just smaller for a long time I gather?

The console market has still to catch up with the digital sales channel. Most shops that sold games have closed the shelves or severely limited the space here. I guess it has to do with the disk sizes of the HD/SSD in consoles. They were just smaller for a long time I gather?
Standard HDD sizes on consoles are still a basic 500Gb with a 1Tb option. I added an external portable 2Tb USB hybrid drive for storage on my Xbox one X since practically all my game content is digital. The new generation consoles have gone SSD of course...the series X has a standard 1Tb SSD with optional plug in external SSD available via a special port...just to make sure you can't add a cheaper external 1 or 2Tb SSD and are forced to buy the official peripheral plugin...which is extortionately priced for what it is. The 1Tb official plugin costs more than a 2Tb NVME for a PC.

Last edited:
Time of day or night is only mildly relative where I live...it's dark just after 15:00 gmt at the moment, another week or two and it'll start getting dark just after lunchtime. Not quite as bad as the 30 days of nights above the Arctic circle...but at least the vampires here can enjoy the relatively milder winter climate 🧛‍♂️

Last edited:
That’s the problem with living on an oblate spheroid... it’s always midnight somewhere. ;)

🤔 I wonder why companies never choose to release when it’s midnight in the middle of the Pacific Ocean?
Actually EA used to do this. Not pacific ocean, true, but they released their games in chunks of the world and not others. That meant that I could fire up a VPN, tunnel to Japan and play Mass Effect 2 eight or nine hours before it released here. Good times.

That's terrible news! Did the company you work at went under?

No, just forced to downsize, and since I was still technically on probation anyway (only been there 6 months) I was an easy mark. 🤷‍♀️

So I'll just have to sit there being jealous whilst you all go nuts over it from Thursday. :(

Top Bottom