Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for that. I'll try installing them this weekend. :)

BTW, just an FYI, you can export the modlist from Vortex. At the top of your mod list, the end button that looks a bit like an 'eye' lets you do it. It creates a JSON file with all your mods for a particular game or all games. You can open this in Notepad and edit to suit. It's in JSON, because it also stores the Nexus ids etc for them, so you can literally repopulate a list of mods with one file.

View attachment 278374
I don't have this on my CP77 modbuild:

1638556958777.png

Turns out its a Mod for Vortex. Can be found here:

I actually like the colourfulness of it. It's a good background social commentary that there is so much apparent deprivation, drug use, and poverty - but everywhere you look there are bright neon signs and adverts that belie the underlying truth. It's a good juxtaposition, and a strong point of the game's narrative for me.
It's also quite on point being a 80's vision of the future. They carefully crafted everything with design elements of that era. The TTRPG itself was quite colorful in its descriptions and illustrations (at least for the game master, then said GM could transcribe it in his own way of course) - and the neon coloured everything fits the "synthwave" movement which is really "idealized 80's nostalgia". For those who want the Blade Runner look, just look at the city by night, during a rainfall (i might be skewed by having RTX psycho settings though - they bring out the reflections and realistic, moody lights). Different sections of the city definitely look like different visions of the Cyberpunk genre, from Akira to Ghost in the Shell, with Pacifica being the (quite dilapidated) synthwave version of Miami.
And yeah it's shorter than W3 (like Navigare said, the main quest plus a handful of long chain side quests), but we know that CDPR are able to craft great expansions. Really I think CDPR wanted to make an "introduction to Cyberpunk" by going for the core concepts only, with an absolutely standard-to-the-genre story.

Any chance you're a Premium/lifetime member of Nexus?
Wondering if that's the difference.

I'm a lifetime member, but I really don't see how that would make the difference? All that does in practice is give you better download servers than free.

Turns out its a Mod for Vortex. Can be found here:

Aha! I have absolutely no recollection of installing that. Sorry. :ROFLMAO:

Still, mystery solved.

I'm a lifetime member, but I really don't see how that would make the difference? All that does in practice is give you better download servers than free.

Aha! I have absolutely no recollection of installing that. Sorry. :ROFLMAO:

Still, mystery solved.
No worries. It never actually occurred to me you could Mod the Mod tool :D

No worries. It never actually occurred to me you could Mod the Mod tool :D

You kinda have to - especially for games without direct mod support, since Vortex handles that using an extension. CP2077 is indeed one of those games.

I must have picked it up when looking for a game support extension, and then forgot all about it.

I suppose the opening mission you do with Jackie highlights the problem for me anyway. This is the one where you rescue the girl in the bath. Its gritty, introduces the game really nicely and is well polished with detailed animations. You hand the girl off to trauma team and it feels good to play, very good.

Problem is after that you just dont see that quality anymore outside of a couple of the main quest missions. The side quests, gigs and minor missions don't have anything like the quality, either in content, presentation, execution or delivery. There are a few rare exceptions where it almost gets there.

Top Bottom