Damaged Starports : implement mild NPC Trading and make it more rewarding

• Thread starter Deleted member 38366
  • Start date

Deleted member 38366

D
Been buzzing a damaged Starport and hauling in a few thousand tons, I quickly realized some things always seem way off when it comes to the SuperPowers/Powers/Factions operating these :

- they don't seem to care and can't afford a single Trade Vessel hauling in supplies by themselves, despite having Traffic at their damaged Stations

So there's your potential Alliance/Empire/Federation-aligned, Multi-Million Population System... which is physically unwilling to move a single ton of Cargo to at least somewhat assist in repairing the Starports they supposedly work so hard to fix up?

That inconsistency doesn't pass the common sense check and doesn't do anything for motivation.

Suggestions
1) implement mild NPC Trading; just enough to slowly move the needle; just so Players don't feel like they're exclusively the only ones able to move Cargo and the Galaxy feeling a bit less dead & static (= Players not doing anything? Absolutely nothing happens)
Something Players can then considerably or (in large numbers) massively accelerate, thus fundamental Gameplay wouldn't change one bit

2) Rewards for dedicated Haulers
The Credits earned aren't any competition to typical Missions or let alone Mining, far from it.
As the Tonnage required is profound and truly CG-worthy... How about small "random gift Packages" every let's say 5000t or no later than every 10000t supplied during the entire Repair phase?

You get a Message into your Inbox with a Special "Thank you!" where the Controlling Faction offers you to choose a nice extra reward.
i.e. 20x High-Grade Elements, Data or Materials or a considerable amount of Credits or (i.e. after 25000t) even a free Ship (btw. that could be a Cobra IV for all I know, that'd work).

Something that's motivating to keep pressing on and what folks remember as a special/nice reward.

-- edit --
3) Remove Bulk/Trade tax entirely
Currently a Repair Commodity might list at 1020Cr/ton profit (with valid Trade Data acquired) - but upon delivering 600tons of that Cargo the actual Profit turns out to be a mere 650Cr/ton simply because the tonnage delivered per Batch was high.
That's not helping, plus the Trade Tax (as an income balancing mechanic) is utterly obsolete since years, since it stems from the V1.x era. It should be removed since it serves no beneficial purpose anymore but instead acts as a negative motivator which becomes the most apparent when supplying Damaged Starports demanding huge amounts by design.
-- edit --

When looking at Millions of tons that ask to be hauled in, abovefactors would go a long way to make the Gameplay a bit more realistic, immersive and rewarding.
Make it feel less grindy/unrewarding/staic and more alive and inclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 38366

D
Is there a way to find out how many more tons of stuff needs delivering? I could not find anything.

There's two Info Sources :
  • while docked at a Repairing Station, Local Station News will have "Emergency Supplies needed" as their Top news entry, listing precise tonnage still required
  • open GALnet and view "Thargoid Activity Report", it'll list all damaged Starports with precise numbers as well (sorted by Station name, so it can require quite some scrolling)

There's two Info Sources :
  • while docked at a Repairing Station, Local Station News will have "Emergency Supplies needed" as their Top news entry, listing precise tonnage still required
  • open GALnet and view "Thargoid Activity Report", it'll list all damaged Starports with precise numbers as well (sorted by Station name, so it can require quite some scrolling)
Thank you .. there is an awful lot to collect!

Agreed. Repairing stations should have better rewards. I don't expect it to compete with mining but modestly rewarding.

Agreed. Repairing stations should have better rewards. I don't expect it to compete with mining but modestly rewarding.

Should they though? After all, the station and the people living there would be wanting to direct their efforts into repairing the station not pouring their profits into traders looking to make some fast and easy credits...

Or am I taking this all too seriously :D

but the NPCs should be helping to repair the station too

Top Bottom