Dangerous Games: Wildcard Goals

Yeah, right.

Tell me again around christmas 2017. That's about ten times the price of my current ship...

Insted, I set up a FDS for mining. 80 tons of cargo, fuel scoop, fully turreted and abysmal jump range: possibly mining FDS.

caveat:
a) this is my first mining expedition - no idea if/how this will work
b) don't ask me where to get the 5C bi-weave, I took it over from my previous ship

Hm some things I would change:

- Take a smaller fuel scoop. Bit annoying but you need the space
- You need more collectors. So put a 5A collector controller in that slot instead.
- You need a 1A prospector controller, put that in the small slot and drop the discovery scanner. You can scan the nav beacon to get system information.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
It very closely resembles a real-world voting mechanism called "Approval Voting" (it's not used for governments anywhere I know of, but various non-governmental bodies use it for internal elections)

Every voter votes "Yes" to every candidate they would be happy to see elected (they can even vote for all of them, though that's equivalent to voting for none). The candidate with the most votes wins. It's a voting system with a lot of nice features.

In this case there's a bit of a corporate twist on it in that it's "one gold one vote" rather than "one person one vote", but the principle is the same.

If it is a bug that you can sign up for multiple, I hope Frontier leave it in - and advertise it properly for the remaining CGs - since it's more interesting than a basic "first past the post" vote.

(You can presumably even cast a fractional vote for a group by signing up to their CG only half way through the week, which would make this closer to the slightly more complex "Range Voting" system)

OK - that makes sense - hadn't thought of it like that, thanks.
And, according to what I have been told (usual caveats but good sources @ FDEV) being able to sign up for multiple groups is not a bug, it's a feature - same as you can sign up to both sides of competing CGs. It's just how it is today, but does have this interesting side effect.

Yeah, right.

Tell me again around christmas 2017. That's about ten times the price of my current ship...

Insted, I set up a FDS for mining. 80 tons of cargo, fuel scoop, fully turreted and abysmal jump range: possibly mining FDS.

caveat:
a) this is my first mining expedition - no idea if/how this will work
b) don't ask me where to get the 5C bi-weave, I took it over from my previous ship

FDS is good for mining. The lesser NPC's (at least before 2.1) show some respect. I often got apologies and they left me alone. I tried the same in my Anaconda and most NPC's moved to attack and pirate me for my limpets (lawless system).

Cheers
DZ

It very closely resembles a real-world voting mechanism called "Approval Voting" (it's not used for governments anywhere I know of, but various non-governmental bodies use it for internal elections)

Every voter votes "Yes" to every candidate they would be happy to see elected (they can even vote for all of them, though that's equivalent to voting for none). The candidate with the most votes wins. It's a voting system with a lot of nice features.

In this case there's a bit of a corporate twist on it in that it's "one gold one vote" rather than "one person one vote", but the principle is the same.

If it is a bug that you can sign up for multiple, I hope Frontier leave it in - and advertise it properly for the remaining CGs - since it's more interesting than a basic "first past the post" vote.

(You can presumably even cast a fractional vote for a group by signing up to their CG only half way through the week, which would make this closer to the slightly more complex "Range Voting" system)

Wow. Thanks Ian, that's a great explanation. I wasn't keen on the current system to begin with but you have changed my mind.

FDS is good for mining. The lesser NPC's (at least before 2.1) show some respect. I often got apologies and they left me alone. I tried the same in my Anaconda and most NPC's moved to attack and pirate me for my limpets (lawless system).

Cheers
DZ

I also found the FDS to be a great mining ship. Unfortunately I can no longer afford one as I reset my save for 2.1. Any tips for good miner for 1.5m cr?

Some help for players who haven't mined in 2.1:
2.0 Mining Anaconda
2.1 Mining Anaconda

fear bots deprive you of the mind?
BuildARMOURSHIELDSSPEED
THRUSTERS
SPEED
BOOST
JUMP RANGE
MAX
JUMP RANGE
FULL TANK
JUMP RANGE
LADEN
CARGOCOSTMASS
UNLADEN
MASS
LADEN
POWER
RETRACTED
POWER
DEPLOYED
POWER
AVAILABLE
TOTAL RANGE
UNLADEN
DPS
Limoncello Lizard3,3381,190 [SIZE=-2]MJ[/SIZE]202 [SIZE=-2]m/s[/SIZE]270 [SIZE=-2]m/s[/SIZE]17.72 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]17.39 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]16.55 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]64 [SIZE=-2]T[/SIZE]782,632,060 [SIZE=-2]CR[/SIZE]1,230.3 [SIZE=-2]T[/SIZE]1,326.3 [SIZE=-2]T[/SIZE]30.69 [SIZE=-2]MW[/SIZE]34.20 [SIZE=-2]MW[/SIZE]36.00 [SIZE=-2]MW[/SIZE]70.22 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]4
ZT miner945952 [SIZE=-2]MJ[/SIZE]205 [SIZE=-2]m/s[/SIZE]274 [SIZE=-2]m/s[/SIZE]18.97 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]18.58 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]16.36 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]160 [SIZE=-2]T[/SIZE]390,393,820 [SIZE=-2]CR[/SIZE]1,149.2 [SIZE=-2]T[/SIZE]1,341.2 [SIZE=-2]T[/SIZE]24.85 [SIZE=-2]MW[/SIZE]33.33 [SIZE=-2]MW[/SIZE]33.00 [SIZE=-2]MW[/SIZE]75.09 [SIZE=-2]LY[/SIZE]25
Cannon =4A+2x3A multiCannon
[SIZE=-3]Interactive Comparison at Coriolis.io[/SIZE]
64t. of cargo for the miner - a waste of time !!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been trying to mock up ideas in coriolis. A Cobra IV is not really an option question unless I fit a 2E FSD and mine the common reserve rings in system. I think that's what the Wolves of Jonai are doing but I'm not sure it's the best bang for buck and time.

Popped in game quickly to check the current scores:

GroupContributorsTonnes
BBS5524,660
EG4898,469
AA57912,743
WoJ5898,994
UGC4214,115

It will be interesting to see how things hot up over the weekend.

Goose4291

Banned
You won't even be able to outfit it with a proper FSD. 1.5M is extremely limiting.

Something like this might work: http://coriolis.io/outfit/adder/02A3A3A1D2A3D3C2m----020201P11h.Iw1+kA==.Aw1+kA==

And that would require manual scooping and testing the asteroids, scooping only gold and dumping everything else.

I was going on the idea of bare minimum outfitting, you'd probably need to change one of the cargo racks for a fuel scoop though, if you were going off the beaten path as it were, and 9.6ly laden jump range isn't nothing to be sniffed at:

http://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_iv/04E4E4D3E3E3E4C2m------230303030243C5P4.Iw18SQ==.Aw18SQ==

I agree though, the Adder is a probably a tad more capable for this kind of thing. I managed a couple of nights with mine last week, using a similar build

Last edited:

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
I also found the FDS to be a great mining ship. Unfortunately I can no longer afford one as I reset my save for 2.1. Any tips for good miner for 1.5m cr?

Not much you can do for that. A T6 build is probably the best you could get. Running from anything that might show up is essential and the T6's 364m/s boost might be enough to get you out of a tight spot.
http://coriolis.io/outfit/type_6_tr...349C71nP4.Iw1-kA==.Aw1-kA==?bn=T6 Basic Miner

EDIT: I'd also hang onto the 3Ps in addition to gold in your position.

Last edited:

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
If being interdicted and you know you'll be pulled, submit by throttling down as the FSD cool-down is a fraction of what it would be if you lose the interdiction.. Then remember, when running, High-Wake out, not back up to SC. You can't be mass-locked by a ship if high-waking out.

And, according to what I have been told (usual caveats but good sources @ FDEV) being able to sign up for multiple groups is not a bug, it's a feature - same as you can sign up to both sides of competing CGs. It's just how it is today, but does have this interesting side effect.
I'll be interested to see what, if anything, the various factions make of it - either at this stage or at the "win to get a power" one.

Approval (and indeed most single-winner voting systems which aren't "first past the post") bias quite strongly towards a "compromise" candidate broadly acceptable to a wide spread of the population, whereas FPTP can strongly benefit a widely neutral or even disliked group with a strong core vote. For a group which will need to translate Dangerous Games support into an active player base for Powerplay, wide acceptability is a major advantage ... though of course it may over time tend to mean the winners of the games are fairly bland "safe" powers, and perhaps some future opportunities might need to be run on different terms.

The interesting thing here is that the voting may well be treated as if it were FPTP by the majority of voters to whom it hasn't occurred to sign up to multiple CGs, or who aren't certain why they should even if they know it can be done. Will the factions start explicitly acknowledging it as an option, and if they do, will they discourage it or encourage it? Obviously the best vote for a faction is "yes to them, no to everyone else", but when talking to a potential voter, they don't know if they're choosing between that and "yes to some including them, no to others" or between "yes to someone else, no to you" and "yes to some including them, no to others".

(As someone with very little interest in PP, but quite a bit of interest in election systems, I'm going to start watching this a lot more closely now...)

I would like to support one of these groups but they all want only mined gold....how stupid!

Whats the reason behind this?
Why don't they want traded gold?
How they even know if it's traded or mined?

Last edited:
I would like to support one of these groups but they all want only mined gold....how stupid!

Whats the reason behind this?
Why don't they want traded gold?

Because this is supposed to be a trading CG? ;) But I agree, to make things easier, they could just have taken a material that you can only obtain through mining, like Platinum or Painite.

Because this is supposed to be a trading CG? ;) But I agree, to make things easier, they could just have taken a material that you can only obtain through mining, like Platinum or Painite.
They need gold to be a power and I got it legally!
It's so pointless...

Last edited:
Here are the standings as of 08:05 Game time this morning...

Group__Cont__Tonnes
BBS_____739__10,431
EG______698__24,128
AA______786__27,017
WoJ_____768__19,795
UGC_____550__11,318

Personal Adle's Armada contribution is 130 Tonnes (Go AA). No idea if this is any good, but looks low to me :(
On the other hand, all that useless Platinum etc has got me to L3 with both Lei Cheung and The Dweller :)

Last edited:
They need gold to be a power and I got it legally!
It's so pointless...

Because getting the gold through trade means they get tied to other systems and their interests?

Like in US politics, you can fund raise from the people or you can accept sponsorships from big corporations. But the latter will ask for their share of "gratitude" later when you get elected.

Top Bottom