General / Off-Topic dangerous quotes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"What is truth? A mobile army of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms—in short, a sum of human relations which have been enhanced, transposed, and embellished poetically and rhetorically, and which after long use seem firm, canonical, and obligatory to a people: truths are illusions about which one has forgotten that this is what they are; metaphors which are worn out and without sensuous power; coins which have lost their pictures and now matter only as metal, no longer as coins."

a gold coin has value even without markings to let you what value it should have, and in most cases, the value they derive from their "pictures" is irrelevant to all but some collectors. some "coins" are always valuable regardless of marks are on them. others are worthless without the value assigned to it by an authority which may or may not be recognized by everyone.

thus there are universal truths, and there things that some try to make true by fiat.

Last edited:
i thought it's a beautiful and interesting quote to share. i don't see yours?
a gold coin has value even without markings to let you what value it should have, and in most cases, the value they derive from their "pictures" is irrelevant to all but some collectors. some "coins" are always valuable regardless of marks are on them. others are worthless without the value assigned to it by an authority which may or may not be recognized by everyone.

thus there are universal truths, and there things that some try to make true by fiat.

there. now it's a quote.

“To the question of, what is all this micro computer
And computer business is going to do to our society
The case is that we are humans
And we are much adaptable to our environment than the computer is to it's own”

"Dyin' aint much of a livin', boy" -Josey Wales

This is what I tell to the pirates that pop in and ask me how they're going to make a living when I'm not hauling anything.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom