Community Event / Creation DarkenSpace video series

Brilliant stuff! I'm a bit late to the party here but I absolutely loved episode 7 and will try to catch up with the back catalogue now. I've added a link to this thread in the "Screenshots and videos" section of my sticky "Best of Forum" thread.

I rly like good stories and videos, this one I somehow have missed. Thx much Draven Darken, I just started watching it back from Ep0 (to get the whole story) and it is also great to see how ED have evolved in last two years. Looking forward for next episode!

Last edited:
I rly like good stories and videos, this one I somehow have missed. Thx much Draven Darken, I just started watching it back from Ep0 (to get the whole story) and it is also great to see how ED have evolved in last two years. Looking forward for next episode!

Thanks for watching the episodes from the beginning! I agree that there's definitely some ED evolution reflected in there. But more than that, the first 3 episodes were captured with the Mac version of ED, and after that I switched to a gaming PC with a lot more horsepower. That made a big difference in a number of respects, including the smoothness of the frame rate. And even beyond that, I think I've gotten better at all of the other aspects of video making (editing, scripts, soundtrack) over these couple of years as well, so I feel strongly that the last couple of episodes are by far the best, and I have to cringe a bit if I watch the old ones now. :)

I watched them all last week. good stuff.

I really appreciated how you took the game elements and incorporated them into your narrative. It's a nice demonstration of what ED might be like if ED had any narrative content.

Just watched the whole series, WOW! That has to be the best ED based video series out there. Really impressed, was fun to see the changes in the game engine as well.

Great music all the way through, very well scored.

Looking forward to the next episode.

10/10 [up]

Last edited:
Aha! I was looking for this thread yesterday ... didn't know it had been moved. Episode 8 is now available, and I'll update the top post accordingly.

Stumbled over this thread this morning, and couldn't wait to get home from work to see more. Was literally glued to the screen to the last second.
Absolutely awesome. Thrilling, touching, amazing "camera" work, and perfectly backed up by the music. I won't even imagine the amount of work that must have gone into this.

My respect, and thank you sincerely for this brilliant show, CMDR Darken! o7

Stumbled over this thread this morning, and couldn't wait to get home from work to see more. Was literally glued to the screen to the last second.
Absolutely awesome. Thrilling, touching, amazing "camera" work, and perfectly backed up by the music. I won't even imagine the amount of work that must have gone into this.

My respect, and thank you sincerely for this brilliant show, CMDR Darken! o7

Thanks much for the kind words!

Finally Federal citizens can sleep easy again with another villain brought to justice. :p

Which villain are you referring to? ;)

I have no idea how this last episode passed me by. I have YouTube set to notify me when you upload something but it failed to; and up until now I've caught each episode right when it released.

In any case, I watched it last night. Fantastic work as usual. But when it ended I felt kind of... Empty? Dissatisfied? I realized after some reflection that what I felt was sadness.

This was a series about watching a gentle, quiet man be pushed to his limits. Watching him become the very thing he hates. Watching him throw his life away in a final blaze of vengeance. It was tragic, but to drive its point home, it couldn't have ended any other way.

This series illustrates the true cost of revenge. That emptyness I felt afterwards was the emptyness that revenge leaves on the world; a cold, zero-sum game. Those that satisfy their revenge, even if they survive, never really live to enjoy its fruits because they have forfeited some essential part of their humanity to achieve it. Life isn't the Count of Monte Cristo, where you can have your vengeance and then sail off into the sunset. You have to live with the choices you've made, or die realizing them.

I think it was a masterful conclusion and the fact it's taken a day for me to collect my thoughts is a testament to that.

Short review (with my limited vocabulary):

Camera, narrative and sound are in perfect sync. Story is shocking. Music is epic quality.
First 5 episodes will hook you, but episodes 6 and 7 are very intense and filled with great suspense. I was really thrilled.
Episode 8 is an acting masterpiece. I was really terrified at finale, as the actor was doing his part with a real madman passion.

This is a MUST to see for every ED fan.

Loved your series man. You are a superstar.

If you ever need an extra for future projects, Danicus, Vanilla Sweet, Easy Mode are ready willing an able to be blown up or chase you down or just fly around in the background.

Top Bottom