Data Download Icons

So... anyone want to speculate if there's any BGS meaning behind the different data download icons? I've seen a couple different ones now, but it seems odd since most (which are probably closest to general-purpose datas) have the down arrow... but ones like Surveillance Logs or other very speficially named things tend to have unique icons.

Would be cool, but I do hold my breath.

1622031260788.png

Deleted member 115407

D
Yeah, good catch. They did say that selling data would affect the BGS.

For instance, say you download the propaganda above. I wonder if that data is tied to the faction stolen from, and if selling it to the bartender in system has a negative impact.

Yeah, good catch. They did say that selling data would affect the BGS.

For instance, say you download the propaganda above. I wonder if that data is tied to the faction stolen from, and if selling it to the bartender in system has a negative impact.
Yeah, so at risk of derailing my own thread (as much discussion as there has been so far), I wonder if there's been any looking into this part of FD's commentary:

• New Triggers include:
    • Killing AI
    • Interacting with Settlements in different ways
    • Selling different Goods to Bartenders
    • Selling different Data Bartenders
    • Logging Organics with Vista Genomics
    • Completing Odyssey Missions
I mean, BGS forum has sadly been pretty dead recently, so 🤷‍♀️ , but I'd really love to find out what the effects of all these are.

NPC kills are almost certainly security... interacting with Settlements is interesting though. Like, presumably stealing the power core would have some effects, but do things like stealing samples, venting atmospheres, basic theft, sabotage actions... do all of these do something? (and so, if I'm trying to ruin a faction, am I better to kill everyone, steal the samples and goods, disable all the ventilation and security systems, then steal the power core, is that substantially better than just stealing the power core alone?)

Likewise, Goods and Data, is that just economic/security effects? Or is there more?

Top Bottom