Data/materials capacity

Hey guys,

So i really think that since it takes SO much grind to find decent materials, data and elements to make stuff out of it would be good to at least have 1000 capacity for data, materials and for elements, i think this would reflect the amount of effort that gamers put into finding these things!

Hello Commander acook59!

I think it if we change material capacity I would rather look at having "per material" values (as suggested on the forums), because it makes management a little easier (and potentially gives us more levers if by imposing different limits if so needed).

Would also be great to have your current stock listed in the sensor reading when scooping materials, that way we don't have to go over to the right hand menu and scroll to the item to check our stock (or keep a spreadsheet).

Hello Commander acook59!

I think it if we change material capacity I would rather look at having "per material" values (as suggested on the forums), because it makes management a little easier (and potentially gives us more levers if by imposing different limits if so needed).

+1. This would be an excellent change. People are gonna complain they cannot stock up on 100+ Nickel for speed levelling an engineer to rank 3 however, but tough, I reckon.

Would also be great to have your current stock listed in the sensor reading when scooping materials, that way we don't have to go over to the right hand menu and scroll to the item to check our stock (or keep a spreadsheet).

+1. Another, similar improvement, would be to make it possible to select a number of materials and have limpets prefer (or only collect) these materials. In the future, when we can pin multiple blueprints, a single toggle to prefer/collect pinned materials only would be amazing.

Hello Commander acook59!

So long as I can still scoop up x150 grade 1 materials (iron/sulphur/etc) and x50 grade 5 materials/data (Yytrium/EFC) I think this will be a good change; any lower than this i wont be a happy bunny.

Hello Commander acook59!

Hmm. Will such capacity issues be such a big deal when we get the ability to trade materials/data at various facilities?

Lestat

Banned
Hello Commander acook59!

What I hope you do is Let us adjustable. Miro manage per material values.

Let say we are looking for a lot of Mineral A But have no use for Mineral B. And we have both 50 spaces in each A and B and we can zero out Material B. So we have free 50 spaces that we can use in A.

Hello Commander acook59!

That would be awsome :)

Hello Commander acook59!

Hello Commanders!

Yeah, I'm also a big fan of showing current stock levels when looking at a material in situ. These ideas are both in "the big list".

Great news.

Though I am worried that a limit per material could make mining nearly impossible if the limits were too low and limpets stopped collecting when any limit is reached.

I can be throwing away over 1,000 materials in an evenings mining. Management of these is currently the worst parts of mining for me. Having to manage separate limits for each material would be unbearable. But limpets ignoring carbon when I've got 100 would be wonderful.

(Just to be very clear. This isn't a request to nerf mining materials again. I'm often mining for the rare materials, so only wanting 5% of what is spawned.)

Last edited:
Great news.

Though I am worried that a limit per material could make mining nearly impossible if the limits were too low and limpets stopped collecting when any limit is reached.

I can be throwing away over 1,000 materials in an evenings mining. Management of these is currently the worst parts of mining for me. Having to manage separate limits for each material would be unbearable. But limpets ignoring carbon when I've got 100 would be wonderful.

(Just to be very clear. This isn't a request to nerf mining materials again. I'm often mining for the rare materials, so only wanting 5% of what is spawned.)

With a system like Sandro is proposing, it would be entirely acceptable (for me anyway), if new materials are collected and then simply discarded automatically if their particular storage stack is full.
That'd stop limpets from stalling while mining.

Or, like you said, limpets ignoring full material stacks would also work. Whichever is easier to implement. :)

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

It would be nice if one could set per-resource collection limits (for both data and materials) so that when scanning ships or mining, one doesn't have to constantly chuck stuff one already has enough of.

Even a global 'max of one resource' value we could tweak for data/materials would be a boon (though being able to specify it by resource would be more helpful). Any datum beyond that limit would be ignored; any material beyond that wouldn't be autocollected by limpets. I'd say the latter limit should be ignored for speciifcally targeted or manually scooped materials.

Limpets can already ignore ejected cargo, so hopefully that could just be a simple expansion of that logic.

I'm all for NPC data/material trading also - either a new type of contact in certain types of facility (megastructures perhaps in the distant future?) or as an extra facility available at all engineer bases where engineers could either trade resources they don't want for small numbers of ones they do, or trade resources they do want for ones they do not. (either or both would work).

make it possible to select a number of materials and have limpets prefer (or only collect) these materials. In the future, when we can pin multiple blueprints, a single toggle to prefer/collect pinned materials only would be amazing.

I like this one. Adds a bit more interactivity for limpets.

Can't begin to say how many times I have to jettison data or materials. Pretty annoying.

Top Bottom