News David Braben Live Chat Thread (5th June)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes - that was something I like too. I think it does do this a little, but it needs to be accentuated.

I'm no physicist, but isn't slingshotting at supercruise speeds kind of obsolete?
It's used for conventional spacecraft to get the extra velocity of the planet's orbit around the sun + extra velocity from acceleration at the periapsis.

Even light only bends a small amount around massive bodies like neutron stars and black holes. Going at 10-100-1000C surely would just pass by the body without much effect.

How will paid expansions affect those that don't get them?

Will people that haven't bought the boarding/walking around expansion still be able to defend their own ship? Will people that haven't bought the planetary landing expansion be unable to trade with a planet? Or will there be some partially working features to maintain balance?

Now, we have a game to write, and E3 to prepare for, so I'm afraid I have to stop.

If you're at E3, feel free to drop in to our meeting room - room 501B.

Hopefully we will see some of you there. I will do a live Q & A again - either here or as a Twitch stream.

Thank you all, and see you in Premium Beta again (I'm Commander Braben).

Thx for all the answers Mr Braben. Its been enjoying to follow this chat :)
E.D is becoming what all the fans want.

I'll have more questions for next time but this time I wanted to let other people get theirs' in by keeping mine to one.

It's been an interesting experience finding out new pieces of information about what's going on and what is to come.

Thanks again for your time David, if I see you in game - I promise not to blow up your ship !

( You're the second person I've told that to ! )

Thank you David for all the answers, I really appreciate it even if not all questions were answered. I can't wait to get another chance, hopefully on Twitch. Hope to hear from you SOON.

Thank you very much David. thoroughly enjoyed the read as its dead in office right this very moment ��

Anyone who knows the answer to my question can feel free to answer. It doesn't have to be David. Anyone who definitely knows can answer!

I'm pretty sure it does. While going straight ahead toward a station, I can see it not standing still inside my crosshair but moving along its orbit.

Thanks. Very exciting way to spend my afternoon at work. Once skipped meeting and let a dev and product manger off breaking process... All so I could get a chance to viratully meet the maker

Next time can we have a live phone in :D

Things we lernt today.....

David drinks coffee From a fire hose.....

He likes to sign *******.....

Micheal can be defeated by multiple questions....

I have a sneeky suspicion at least one member of the dev team has listened to dockers........

DB went from one green rep box to two boxes in the course of this live chat. it now says "he will become famous soon enough".

i predict that is true and a bit more, too ;)

Thanks for all the answers, it's been a blast as a Premium Beta user so far.

Could I inquire as to if other FD devs have thought about seeing if they can answer some of the unanswered questions? Thanks.

...best go and warn the missus that total strangers may approach her at the ED Launch Party armed with markers and a smile.

Thanks Commander Braben! See you in the void.

I'm no physicist, but isn't slingshotting at supercruise speeds kind of obsolete?
It's used for conventional spacecraft to get the extra velocity of the planet's orbit around the sun + extra velocity from acceleration at the periapsis.

Even light only bends a small amount around massive bodies like neutron stars and black holes. Going at 10-100-1000C surely would just pass by the body without much effect.

Going at speeds of multiple times the speed of light in E: D uses mechanisms that we don't yet know about, so how your movement would be affected by gravity is unknown.

Praevarus

P
Hello, Mr. Braben.

Related to the game, are there any points or questions you've thought about that you would like to have been raised by the community? Maybe some aspect of the game that interests you that no one else has thought to mention.

Edit: Bah! I knew I shouldn't have taken the time to scan the thread for everyone's questions before posting my own. Oh well. :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom