edit: links broken, no longer needed. delete pls.
F-14 is probably my favourite warbird of all times.Devildog and Laobi takes the F-14 for a spin:
I dont remember last time when I was so excited for a game/sim as I`m for the DCS F-14. Only two more days and a few good years of waiting is over!
Newsletter:Introduced DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations
ME. Corrected an enabling checkbox of Sand storm setting.
Scripts. Fixed frequent crash with mission scripting - script trying to destroy aircraft when aircraft trigger some event.
AI KC-130 will not taxiing reverse after refueling.
DCS MiG-19 by RAZBAM
Fixed: wrong canopy released on ejection
Fixed: wrong seat on ejection
Fixed: gun arming switches not animated when using keybind
Fixed: Bombs release mode switch reversed
Fixed: RISU-4V "Radio/Radio Compass"switch function reversed
Fixed: Flight Manual
Fixed: Engine switches
Fixed: Fuel lamps issues
Fixed the engine RPM vs thrust spike issue between 9000 to 10000 RPM
Enabled: Rockets AUTO fire mode.
Cockpit internal illumination increased
Cockpit textures adjusted
External textures adjusted
Changed pilot to MiG-15 pilot after ejection
G-Suite effectiveness increased
DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM
Previous fixes now added:
-Weapon positions fixed
DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM
Previous fixes now added:
-Weapon positions fixed
-MPCD Transparency background fix
-KC-135 MPRS wingtip vortices position fixed
-Ground Proximity Warning System enabled
DCS C-101 by AvioDev
Added buffet vibration and sound, due to high angle of attack, high g-force or high airspeed.
Fixed refuelling and defuelling processes.
Solved issue with engine shutdown at high altitudes when moving throttle in a slightly abrupt way.
Added Force Feedback.
Fixed emergency fuel lever full travel. It now reaches the max position.
Switching DDI's from left to right will not causes loss of contacts.
On the SA page, the TDC will always be displayed as priority and "over" other symbols.
SA TDC will be yellow color.
Fixed bug that can caused to ghost contacts on SA page in multiplayer.
SA page. Locked donor will be marked star symbol.
Only a contact determined as hostile (red, chevron), will have a diamond TD marker on the HUD.
Fixed uncommanded roll with crosswind.
Added HARM TD box on HUD.
Corrected some cockpit materials: radar indicator, gunsight glass, pilot textures.
Added chinese manual.
Added chinese manual.
Su-33. Training lessons from Simon Pearson added.
L-39 Kursant campaign. Changed banking around targets.
Mi-8MTV2 Oilfield: 16th mission, place of emergency landing of 325th moved to the clean place.
F-14B_IA_Caucasus_Dance_of_the_Vampires.miz and F-14B_IA_PG_tour.miz are not working in current build.
By all accounts everyone I know loves it. I'm grabbing it when I get home.Sorry, meant the now-officially-released Persian Gulf map. It's 25% off for another week on Steam, which still leaves it at €35.78. It looks insanely pretty mind.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/i-16/I-16 - Soviet single-engine monoplane fighter of 1930s created by aircraft designer Nikolai Polikarpov’s design bureau. It was the one of the world’s first fighters with landing gear retraction system. It was I-16 which stood the air fighting against famous Messerschmitt Bf 109.
Over a period of its history I-16 was upgraded a lot. New modifications of aircraft were created and adopted almost every year. I-16 type 24 was further development of I-16 type 18.
It is one of the most famous fighters taking part in World War II. It was different from all its “contemporaries” in configuration and flight characteristics. Its uniqueness and distinction were defined by minimum size, dome-shaped fuselage, small wing, dorsal spine.
Advanced flying model providing excellent simulation of aircraft flight characteristics
Key features of DCS: I-16 by OctopusG include:
- Detailed animated 3D fighter model
- True interactive cockpit providing 6DoF
- Realistic simulation of aircraft systems including electric and fuel flow system, engine system and lighting facilities
- Realistic simulation of unique mechanical landing gear retraction system
- High-density textures of the cockpit and external 3 D model providing reflection and bump maps
- Set of authentic liveries
Also, news about the DCS F-16 Viper:DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Available for Pre-Order
Pre-order the Fw 190 A-8 now and save 20% off from DCS e-shop.
The early access Fw 190 A-8 will be available in June 2019.
Many of the Luftwaffe’s aces racked up their impressive kill counts in the Fw 190 A due to its impressive fire power, excellent low to medium altitude performance, durability, and ease of flying. It saw action on both the eastern and western fronts where it was both respected and feared by allied pilots. Armament included two fuselage-mounted 13 mm MG 131 machine guns and four wing-mounted MG 151/20E 20 mm cannons. The aircraft could also be loaded with unguided rockets and bombs.
The A-8 version of the Fw 190 entered production in February 1944, and it was powered by a BMW 801 D-2 radial engine. In addition to excellent low- and medium-altitude performance, the engine was also very rugged. Along with the F-8 version, it also had thicker armor around the engine. The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations.
- Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
- Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
- Accurate Fw 190 A-8 model, squadron markings, and weapons
- Detailed modelling the Fw 190 A-8 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems
- Battle the Spitfire LF Mk.IX and P-51D Mustang in single and multiplayer games
Pre-Order DCS: F-16C Viper On 22 May 2019 and Save 20%
The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it next week on 22 May and save 20%. Early access is planned for the beginning of autumn 2019.
The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.
The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!
Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper
- Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS)
- The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear
- Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like "auto start" are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine
- Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now
- A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM)
- Authentic F-16C sounds
- Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G's, you will feel like you are there!
- Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others