DCS World News 2017

AFAIK, they were working in a new Carrier update, including a new Kusnetsov and several American and French carriers, the question is if will be paid as a new module or free. Anyway they have to release the new Carl Vinson with the F-18 for carrier ops in the 2.5 version.

Last edited:
I'm a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned yesterday's 2.5 open beta release around here? It comes with a mouth watering, if somewhat click baity titled launch trailer:

[video=youtube;ZzVW9315ur0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVW9315ur0[/video]

In true fashion, updating to the 2.5 beta is a bit of a mess, that currently only really works - apparently - if one has some 1.5.8 open something beta or alpha version. Which seemingly isn't immediately available on their site?

Anyway, whoever is stuck with the current open 2.2. alpha, running the updater program via windows "cmd" allows you to force to update the alpha to the 2.5 beta:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

Last edited:
I'll just wait until they bother pushing the update to Steam. And yeah, that title... Is that really the kind of crowd they want to attract?

I'll just wait until they bother pushing the update to Steam. And yeah, that title... Is that really the kind of crowd they want to attract?

No it's not, but there you go....

Still it looks great and I'm really happy to see it getting to beta.

Now the 2.5 open Beta is available as dedicated installer. Since it comes with the free Caucasus map and the free vehicles... I guess now is a good time to have a close look for anybody who's been holding out. :)

Oh My. That looks Fantastic, gone the bad terrain and water. And everything looks Beautiful

kicks self for passing on Warthog sale $339

Wow, looks good. I missed it mainly due to being in aircraft the last couple of days, and, well, Bangkok has a habit of distracting my with amazing food.

May just have to download... Do I have time to play? Argh...

Oh My. That looks Fantastic, gone the bad terrain and water. And everything looks Beautiful

kicks self for passing on Warthog sale $339

It's ok, wait for the WarBRD, it'll be far superior base, buy a Warthog grip as spare parts from Thrustmaster, and then pray the Virpil throttle is released soon at a good price...

Z...

Last edited:
So far I`m having a blast with the updated Caucasus map, it looks really amazing and runs smooth with no issues at all. The only pain are extremely long loading times, sadly cant move DCS to my SSD due to its size. Also downloading the update took 6 hours...

How crucial is headtracking / VR? Is playing it old school viable at all?

Head tracking does help and its very immersive but you can just map the head view to the hat on the joystick and effectively use that for your situational awareness. [up]

Goose4291

Banned
Is combined arms worth buying? Never real was compelled to look at it too hard.

Z...

It's okay. Just not amazing. When I was part of an ArmA group who dabbled in DCS, we had a laugh with someone like me controlling all the ground pounder assests

The real drawback, is the usual Russian bias, for example with T-72s' evaporating Challenger II's with no issues!

It's okay. Just not amazing. When I was part of an ArmA group who dabbled in DCS, we had a laugh with someone like me controlling all the ground pounder assests

The real drawback, is the usual Russian bias, for example with T-72s' evaporating Challenger II's with no issues!

Hahahah, well, I guess that goes with a free base game! LOL

Z...

Top Bottom