DCS World News 2017

Devildog and Laobi takes the F-14 for a spin:

I dont remember last time when I was so excited for a game/sim as I`m for the DCS F-14. Only two more days and a few good years of waiting is over!

F-14 is probably my favourite warbird of all times.
I'm strongly tempted to pick up DCS again, although the prospect of re-binding the HOTAS and re-learning the whole thing is terrifying.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting the DCS MiG-19 module, its VERY early in development compared to most of early access DCS modules and this jet needs a lot of work (especially the flight model) to be consider finished. So unless you are willing to put up with plethora of issues or just wants to support the 3 party dev team, wait a bit.

Update change-log:

Introduced DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

DCS World
ME. Corrected an enabling checkbox of Sand storm setting.
Scripts. Fixed frequent crash with mission scripting - script trying to destroy aircraft when aircraft trigger some event.
AI KC-130 will not taxiing reverse after refueling.

DCS MiG-19 by RAZBAM
Fixed: wrong canopy released on ejection
Fixed: wrong seat on ejection
Fixed: gun arming switches not animated when using keybind
Fixed: Bombs release mode switch reversed
Fixed: RISU-4V "Radio/Radio Compass"switch function reversed
Fixed: Flight Manual
Fixed: Engine switches
Fixed: Fuel lamps issues
Fixed the engine RPM vs thrust spike issue between 9000 to 10000 RPM
Enabled: Rockets AUTO fire mode.
Cockpit internal illumination increased
Cockpit textures adjusted
External textures adjusted
Changed pilot to MiG-15 pilot after ejection
G-Suite effectiveness increased

DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM
Previous fixes now added:
-Weapon positions fixed

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM
Previous fixes now added:
-Weapon positions fixed
-MPCD Transparency background fix
-KC-135 MPRS wingtip vortices position fixed
-Ground Proximity Warning System enabled

DCS C-101 by AvioDev
Added buffet vibration and sound, due to high angle of attack, high g-force or high airspeed.
Fixed refuelling and defuelling processes.
Solved issue with engine shutdown at high altitudes when moving throttle in a slightly abrupt way.
Added Force Feedback.
Fixed emergency fuel lever full travel. It now reaches the max position.

DCS F/A-18C
Switching DDI's from left to right will not causes loss of contacts.
On the SA page, the TDC will always be displayed as priority and "over" other symbols.
SA TDC will be yellow color.
Fixed bug that can caused to ghost contacts on SA page in multiplayer.
SA page. Locked donor will be marked star symbol.
Only a contact determined as hostile (red, chevron), will have a diamond TD marker on the HUD.
Fixed uncommanded roll with crosswind.
Added HARM TD box on HUD.

DCS F-5E
Corrected some cockpit materials: radar indicator, gunsight glass, pilot textures.

DCS F-86F
Added chinese manual.

DCS MiG-15bis
Added chinese manual.

Flaming Cliffs
Su-33. Training lessons from Simon Pearson added.

Campaigns
L-39 Kursant campaign. Changed banking around targets.
Mi-8MTV2 Oilfield: 16th mission, place of emergency landing of 325th moved to the clean place.

Known Issues
F-14B_IA_Caucasus_Dance_of_the_Vampires.miz and F-14B_IA_PG_tour.miz are not working in current build.

Newsletter:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator....ter&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=weekend_news

My word the F-14 is a bit special. Been flying it nearly constantly.
[video=youtube_share;02QIwrPrxGQ]https://youtu.be/02QIwrPrxGQ[/video]

I’ve always loved the F-14 (despite the crappy film) and heatblur did an amazing job.

Goose4291

Banned
Looks like the next map is going to be Syria based.

Soon be time to stand offshore and launch Harrier raids from Ark Royal when the South Atlantic DLC drops.

04.jpg

Tempted by the new map, but it's a bit steep for me considering it'll come with close to zero helicopter content...

Sorry, meant the now-officially-released Persian Gulf map. It's 25% off for another week on Steam, which still leaves it at €35.78. It looks insanely pretty mind.

Goose4291

Banned
Sorry, meant the now-officially-released Persian Gulf map. It's 25% off for another week on Steam, which still leaves it at €35.78. It looks insanely pretty mind.

By all accounts everyone I know loves it. I'm grabbing it when I get home.

I'm surprised you think they'll not be much content for helos.

Rolling dunes and vast open battlegrounds as well as built up urban areas the whocka-whocka can be king of the ground war in one of the most incendiary RW flashpoint spots sounds perfect.

Well, the Huey had massive bugs since 2.5 (some got fixed last week, but basically night lights broken, minigun AI broken, etc.), the UN campaign has been a disaster for years now (with some missions having some waypoints set to AGL instead of MSL leading to massive climbs/dives by the lead AI over mountains), multicrew is still "coming at some point", so I'm not terribly confident about the official future. Looking at player stuff, all I found for the Huey on the new map was a single mission. Hopefully it picks up.

Right, went for it in the end, and it is pretty indeed. The cityscape is also great fun to fool around with helos. There might be some Blackhawk Down style scenario potential: lots of streets, tall enough buildings for cover and insurgent pockets... although my experience so far has been that everything on the ground has laser accuracy (to the point ages ago of even being downed by a tank shell in a Su-25...).

Met some new bugs too with the new map: trying to just use the quick mission generator, I request the Gulf map, no hostiles, and just some helos and ground stuff for allies, runway start for me. It all works out perfectly apart from the small detail that it loads me on the Caucasus map... Repeated attempts gave the same result... :unsure:

Out of nowhere (at least for me) new WW2 bird appeared in the DCS store, the USSR I-16 by OctopusG:

I-16 - Soviet single-engine monoplane fighter of 1930s created by aircraft designer Nikolai Polikarpov’s design bureau. It was the one of the world’s first fighters with landing gear retraction system. It was I-16 which stood the air fighting against famous Messerschmitt Bf 109.
Over a period of its history I-16 was upgraded a lot. New modifications of aircraft were created and adopted almost every year. I-16 type 24 was further development of I-16 type 18.
It is one of the most famous fighters taking part in World War II. It was different from all its “contemporaries” in configuration and flight characteristics. Its uniqueness and distinction were defined by minimum size, dome-shaped fuselage, small wing, dorsal spine.
Advanced flying model providing excellent simulation of aircraft flight characteristics
Key features of DCS: I-16 by OctopusG include:
  • Detailed animated 3D fighter model
  • True interactive cockpit providing 6DoF
  • Realistic simulation of aircraft systems including electric and fuel flow system, engine system and lighting facilities
  • Realistic simulation of unique mechanical landing gear retraction system
  • High-density textures of the cockpit and external 3 D model providing reflection and bump maps
  • Set of authentic liveries
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/i-16/

Oh dear... so this has happened (posted on the DCS forums at https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=240881) :

"OGDEN — A Russian is jailed in Weber County, charged with smuggling F-16 fighter manuals to Moscow and trying to obtain guides for other front-line Air Force jets.

Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 19 in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City on charges of conspiring against the United States, smuggling and violating the Arms Export Control Act.

Tishchenko was arraigned and pleaded not guilty March 15.

He was charged in a sealed indictment June 15, 2016, but could not be arrested until this year after he traveled to Georgia and that nation agreed to extradite him. Russia does not have an extradition treaty with the United States.

U.S. Magistrate Brooke Wells in an April 10 detention order deemed Tishchenko to present a "serious flight risk" because he has no local ties, is accused of smuggling classified information and could face 10 years or more in prison if convicted.

U.S. marshals took Tishchenko to Ogden, where the federal agency has a contract to place pretrial detainees in the Weber County Jail.

The indictment and extradition affidavits filed in court do not explain the case's connection to Utah, other than prosecutors' statement that the alleged conspiracy occurred here in part.

However, court documents said U.S. Air Force special agents participated in the investigation, and all of the technical manuals listed in the case relate to jets that have been based or maintained at Hill Air Force Base: All models of the F-16, plus the F-35, F-22 and A-10.

In an affidavit, Homeland Security agent Mathew Lowry described two phases of the alleged conspiracy.

The first began in June 2011, when Tishchenko posted in a Russia-based video game forum seeking help for shipping fighter jet manuals.

He said he was bidding on some F-16 manuals that were for sale on eBay, but that he could not receive the shipment because of "restrictions placed on international bidders."

A Texas man agreed to help. He received the manuals and then shipped them to Tishchenko in Moscow. In an October 2011 message to Tishchenko on the forum, the Texan said he had made the shipment and joked, "If I get busted can you send me a hacksaw?"

Tishchenko, who identified himself on eBay as a developer for the Moscow-based Eagle Dynamics video game company, assured the Texan there was no problem because the manuals were "obsolete."

He only wanted to get manuals to "understand how stuff works" for implementing various fighters into the company's Digital Combat Simulation World game.

The federal documents are silent on the identity of the manuals' seller and whether that person was investigated.

eBay warned Tishchenko in February 2016 that his auctions of flight manuals were legally questionable, the affidavit said.

Agents said they obtained eBay records and learned that Tishchenko, from January 2012 through September 2015, auctioned F-16 flight manuals to buyers in Cyprus, Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Germany and Taiwan.

The manuals contained "concise and clear instructions" for operating and maintaining F-16s, the affidavit said.

The investigation's second phase started in March 2016, when an undercover Homeland Security agent posing as a would-be fighter manual buyer and seller contacted Tishchenko on the same video game forum.

In a subsequent online chat, Tishchenko said he had collected many fighter manuals but "we still can't reach some stuff."

"We need it in our work," Tishchenko said, according to the document. "I'd like to get some maintenance manuals for the F-16C related to avionics. Actually, maintenance manuals for any jets, including the A-10."

The Russian said a direct request by Eagle Dynamics to receive the manuals from the U.S. government "is not an option."

He said he would like to acquire F-35 and F-22 flight manuals and he "could guarantee that these manuals will not be provided to any third party, and I think even not shown to anyone in our company."

The Texas man was indicted along with Tishchenko, but District Judge Dale Kimball in 2017 signed an 18-month deferral-of-prosecution agreement. Then, on Wednesday, all charges against the Texan were dismissed.

Assistant federal public defender Wojciech Nitecki filed a motion Monday asking Kimball to dismiss two of the five counts against Tishchenko.

Nitecki said the evidence did not support the charges involving the 2016 talks between the defendant and the undercover agent.

"He needed to develop flight simulator games," the motion said. "The two have never agreed to exchange anything nor arranged the time, place, or mode of the exchange."

Export licenses are needed for overseas shipment of any items on the U.S. munitions list, including combat systems manuals.

International Traffic in Arms regulations specify the State Department will deny any export licenses for shipments to numerous countries, including Belarus, Syria, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela and China."

Last edited:
New plane the FW 190 A-8 avilable for pre-order:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-5viIeqEs&feature=youtu.be

DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Available for Pre-Order
Pre-order the Fw 190 A-8 now and save 20% off from DCS e-shop.

The early access Fw 190 A-8 will be available in June 2019.
Designed for the German Luftwaffe by famed aircraft designer Kurt Tank in the late-1930s, the Fw 190 was the backbone of the Luftwaffe in both fighter and attack bomber roles. Powered by a large radial engine, the A version of the Focke-Wulf 190 was superior in many ways to the Bf 109s and Spitfires at the time of its introduction. In fact, this led to the development of the Mk.IX version of the Spitfire. The Spitfire LF Mk.IX and the Fw 190 A-8 make excellent counterparts for DCS World. The Fw 190 later evolved into the Fw 190 D-9, also available on DCS World.
Many of the Luftwaffe’s aces racked up their impressive kill counts in the Fw 190 A due to its impressive fire power, excellent low to medium altitude performance, durability, and ease of flying. It saw action on both the eastern and western fronts where it was both respected and feared by allied pilots. Armament included two fuselage-mounted 13 mm MG 131 machine guns and four wing-mounted MG 151/20E 20 mm cannons. The aircraft could also be loaded with unguided rockets and bombs.
The A-8 version of the Fw 190 entered production in February 1944, and it was powered by a BMW 801 D-2 radial engine. In addition to excellent low- and medium-altitude performance, the engine was also very rugged. Along with the F-8 version, it also had thicker armor around the engine. The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations.
Key features of the DCS: Fw 190 A-8
  • Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend
  • Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
  • Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
  • Accurate Fw 190 A-8 model, squadron markings, and weapons
  • Detailed modelling the Fw 190 A-8 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems
  • Battle the Spitfire LF Mk.IX and P-51D Mustang in single and multiplayer games

Also, news about the DCS F-16 Viper:

Pre-Order DCS: F-16C Viper On 22 May 2019 and Save 20%
The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it next week on 22 May and save 20%. Early access is planned for the beginning of autumn 2019.
The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.
Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio. Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the Sniper XR targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).
The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!
Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper
  • Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS)
  • The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear
  • Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like "auto start" are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine
  • Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now
  • A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM)
  • Authentic F-16C sounds
  • Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G's, you will feel like you are there!
  • Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others

Top Bottom