Dead horse squadron is the 1st 500 member squadron : CAN WE GET MORE SPACE?!

As of today : the "Dead horse squadron" (DHS1) has reached 500 member list and cannot accept more!
It took ... umm 6 days! WHAT?!

This low limit is absolutely too low for any sort of guild system and MUST be changed!

"Anyone can open a suqadron, BUT not everyone can join one!" -Yamiks

Squadrons are detrimental to the longevity of the game and should be made WAY BETTER!

AS THE HEAD (hehe) of "dead horse squadron" I ask that following things are added to squadron feature :

* Limit of a sqadron member amount - removed!
* Limit from squadrons that 1 player can join - removed!
* Ability to show 1 squadron that the player wants to represent the most! (putting the tag of the squadron next to the name etc)

This is the great and powerful Yamiks, signing off!

rBWkiq1.png

How about you separate those 500 into divisions of 100 with sub names of dead horse such as Dead horse 1st bat then 2nd bat etc or would that make to much sense?

He then can not rule them; he must have minions that he TRUSTS, to handle those. And he can not have that... he is the MIGHTY Yamiks, after all. :D

As of today : the "Dead horse squadron" (DHS1) has reached 500 member list and cannot accept more!
It took ... umm 6 days! WHAT?!

This low limit is absolutely too low for any sort of guild system and MUST be changed!

"Anyone can open a suqadron, BUT not everyone can join one!" -Yamiks

Squadrons are detrimental to the longevity of the game and should be made WAY BETTER!

AS THE HEAD (hehe) of "dead horse squadron" I ask that following things are added to squadron feature :

* Limit of a sqadron member amount - removed!
* Limit from squadrons that 1 player can join - removed!
* Ability to show 1 squadron that the player wants to represent the most! (putting the tag of the squadron next to the name etc)

This is the great and powerful Yamiks, signing off!

Start another one? Urm dead horse 2?

And stop wingeing Yamiks, ;)

Actually don't.

AP Birdman

Banned
I completely agree. Outside of the 1 in game squadron, I'm a member of 2 others, with plans to join the fuel rats someday and there's no reason I can't be a member of all these squadrons in game.

And a 500 player cap limit is just ridiculous. Why is there even a limit to begin with?

Last edited:
Were these 500 recruited just to prove this point though or actually active members of your team? I.e. a legit stat?

Hutton Orbital Truckers have hit 170 on pc and as a very active group, find 500 to be a reasonable number. Squad chat is busy and average online at one point is hovering at the 30 mark.

At 500 it would likely become crowded and smelly and we would probably spin off the night shift.

Its the snowball effect . People join because there are more memebers

How are reward distributed between squadran members

What criteria if appled for joiners

you can t have everyone joining just one squadron. Its like saying u want more players in a football team.

Many of the descriptions seem quite lazily set up no real sense of ide4ntity.

you no longer get to blaze your own trail.

Last edited:
Uhm... Though I am not really against more space, I think you also get the 500 people size in games like Elder Scrolls Online for guilds... And in case of Dead Horse Squadron it was about filling up the sqadron with as many people as possible. The player group agenda in that case was not really an ingame purpose, but just filling it up to the player limit. Also by a well known content creator.

Fill a squadron up with 500 players that are actually at least a bit active in a normal player group like structure that is dedicated to another, game related agenda, and not just for proving a point.
Not that I don't want more space, becaue, why not? But I kinda think 500 is okay.

Agreed @Yamiks. Having more than one squadron to be a part of would be nice, and definitely remove or at the very least HIGHLY expand the limit of people who can join. It just makes sense.

If I wanted to join the AXI group to fight Thargoids but then also join the Dead Horse squadron you have... and then be a part of a squad that makes dead meme jokes all day... I should be able to.

What would happen if a majority of the members of Dead Horse Squadron really loved the game and were always going on in chat about how wonderful and awesome Elite Dangerous is. Would Commander Yamiks spontaneously self-combust?

As the Grand Nagus of Dead Horse Squadron, how will the management of 500+ Commanders affect His oh so Delicate Sensibilities? Is there really a cuddly Teddy Bear underneath? Emergent self imposed eeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmurrrrrzhun forthcoming!

I would love to hear any gossip. Hmm.......I wonder how long He will last?

:x

P.S. His minions could easily mutiny by just turning on the profanity filter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom