Death Stranding IS NOT an Epic exclusive!

LOL I see another lame shooter. Nothing special , just another shooter.

I dont think its that. Everybody keep saying that for the first 10 or so HOURS of gameplay you should play stealth and avoid combat. Its a very elaborate walking sim in fact with 8h of cutscenes. No idea what new genre is DS haha but for sure its not a combat game.

Last edited:
Every clip I've seen looks like a slow walking lugging big boxes simulator. I've never actually seen any evidence it's a shooter

To be honest it looks boring in the clips I've seen, I'll need to see reviews first and even if it's good I'll be waiting for a sale

Every clip I've seen looks like a slow walking lugging big boxes simulator. I've never actually seen any evidence it's a shooter
Because it's not a shooter.
It's a story heavy walking simulator. The gameplay loop is literally carrying boxes from A to B.
It was never advertised as a shooter and imho not every game has to be a shooter to be interesting.

The Jingles' review I posted earlier is pretty accurate in its description of what the game is and isn't. I know it isn't for me, but at the same time I can see how somebody might enjoy it. I'll probably watch some let's play and enjoy the story.

Last edited:
Because it's not a shooter.
It's a story heavy walking simulator. The gameplay loop is literally carrying boxes from A to B.
It was never advertised as a shooter and imho not every game has to be a shooter to be interesting.
Yeah, I was responding to the "Lame shooter" comment a few posts above

It might look lame but it doesn't look like a shooter :D

I really believe that Konami was constantly bringing the guy to the Earth and doing reality checks, now that he is free - we have Death Stranding ;)

I really believe that Konami was constantly bringing the guy to the Earth and doing reality checks, now that he is free - we have Death Stranding ;)
But you know what? Despite "Going full George Lucas" as Jingles aptly said, I'm happy for the guy. And although I won't be playing the game I do hope it finds its audience and is marginally successful. He's got his dream game out. Its production value is incredible, its mechanics... umm... unorthodox, its story just as crazy as he is.
Good on him.

Maybe when it's not Konami who brings him back to Earth but actual audience, he's gonna learn. And the next game will be the best game ever written. Who knows :)

I watched a few scenes with the player losing balance and tumbling down a mountain side. Watching his fed ex/ups/amazon packages go scattering about down to the bottom. Had to retrieve them all only to lose his balance again and events repeat itself. Pretty sure this is torture in a video game wrapping.

Annnnnd that was after 20 minutes of speed footage showing the monotonous trek through the countryside. Apparently they want you to pay money for the privilege of playing this. Perhaps threaten your kids if they dont get good grades that they will have to play a few hours of Death Stranding.

Top Bottom