December Dlc Discussion! New PZ in the following two weeks days?

PZs Cobra Version was some time ago already updated on the same Level as JWE2 is. Some people think that this has broken the climbing mechanic.
How exactly is the Climbing mechanic broken? Wasn't really able to play much in the last few Weeks and before that I've mostly worked on my Wildpark

PZs Cobra Version was some time ago already updated on the same Level as JWE2 is. Some people think that this has broken the climbing mechanic.
Ah yes, I remember hearing that. Further evidence in our case for avaries, but a loss for the climbing. Hopefully that will get fixed too.

My guess is a European or Mediterranean pack with scenery. I think Aviary would be better received, but based on the photos and the speculation of the European style to the buildings in the update, my assumption is that Aviary will likely be the Spring Pack.
Here is my choices:

European Pack:
1 Iberian Lynx(Flagship-and also one of the most highly requested animals, which would also be the first small/medium cat in the game)
2 Red Deer
3 Wild Boar
4 Alpine Ibex(representing one of the other most neglected biomes, the mountains)
Exhibit Animal - a tortoise or salamander
Honorable Mentions: Chamois, Pine Marten, European Bison

Mediterranean Pack:
1 Iberian Lynx
2 Alpine Ibex
3 Dromedary Camel/Scimitar Horned Oryx(represent the other neglected biome, the desert)
4 Barbary Macaque
Exhibit Animal - Chameleon
Honorable Mentions: Ethiopian Wolf, Caracal, Moufflon

Those are nice picks! And I agree, I think it's looking like the next pack won't be avaries, which is a shame, but if it's European that works for me. Honestly would have thought Aviaries and then Europe, but not unhappy if it ends up being switched around. That just leaves the capybara lying around waiting to get in the game. Somehow. I know it will eventually but dang I want it now!

Saiga have near-zero captive presence outside of the former USSR. They're cool animals but I'd rather not have a proboscis monkey repeat. If we get an Asian antelope it ought to be the blackbuck or Arabian oryx.

Saiga antelope are the more popular animal on the metalist than blackbucks or arabian oryx. I would argue it ought to be the more popular animal out of those three.

And personally if we get an oryx I prefer the scimitar oryx, because they are arguably the greatest conservation success story in history.

Last edited:
Saiga antelope are the more popular animal on the metalist than blackbucks or arabian oryx. I would argue it ought to be the more popular animal out of those three.

And personally if we get an oryx I prefer the scimitar oryx, because they are arguably the greatest conservation success story in history.
I will say--the wishlist matters but I don't think Frontier should literally just copy-paste the top 25ish animals and make that the remaining DLC. Beyond the bird representation issue, there are animals that don't fare well in captivity (walrus), are rare in captivity (platypus), or would be on the repetitive side (red fox, given that the past two packs in a row have had foxes).

I agree that the scimitar-horned oryx would be nice but it's only endemic to Africa, and I was specifically bringing up Asian antelope.

I couldn't agree more. If the game gets a long enough lifespan I'd rather have a central asia pack with wild horses, saigas, pallas cats, and markhors. But if we are limited to one or two asian antelopes the arabian oryx and blackbuck take presedence in my opinion.
For a European pack, I actually agree that if it's a 4 +1 it should probably lean towards more well known animals with a more widespread distribution. If it's an animal pack, however, then adding in a few lesser known animals is nice.

If the game is around long enough for it to happen, the Central Asian line-up you've mentioned, maybe adding a crane or pelican, would be my dream scenario.

The saiga was more widely kept in the past, including by the San Diego Zoo which, if I've osmosed things right, supplies a lot of the animal information/sounds to Frontier, so I don't think hoping for them is entirely wishful thinking. There are definitely a ton of animals left to be added to the game though and I'll understand if my snuffle nose favs don't make it.

I'll still be sad though, because they're so cute and need whatever awareness they can get.

Last edited:
They could take longer to work out the flying mechanics, but I imagine this was developed with both JWE2 and Planet Zoo in mind - better to design it for the engine and both games, than for one and adapted for the other, so I imagine it’s been tested for a while. The technology/coding may have been available for a bit already but I think Frontier have intentionally launched it for JWE2 first as a headline development on the original game. So Planet Zoo was always going to get this afterwards.

In terms of the aviary being in the final JWE DLC I think this is a moot point - they obviously hadn’t developed the flying mechanic we see now at that point so it wasn’t possible to be introduced in any prior DLC. The flying in that DLC was also more of a repeating animation than the wayfinding version that now is in place. I really don’t see how they’d invest all the time in a new mechanic to just use it once for Planet Zoo. It was clear how much work went into deep diving, and it’ll be the same for flying.

As we can see from the new JWE2 DLC being released in December, they have included 2 land based animals, 1 flying animal and 1 marine animal. I can see Planet Zoo going a similar way once flying animals are introduced.

We could even see our first flying animal as part of the next pack. This is how birds may be introduced rather than a full aviary pack. Marketing wise, this would mean bird lovers would buy multiple packs and it would diversify the roster on an ongoing basis.
Other than the bit about, perhaps, trying to find all of the issues they can before introducing it, the main comment about JWE was that they added a few major changes in the last DLC for it.

My only other thing with it is that I'm wondering if, with the timing of the JWE2 DLC, that Frontier might not have a full DLC for PZ in December, but have a free update with bonus for christmas. The main thing for it is in the player overlap and the distraction potential of the youtube/streaming side of things that might cause issues and reduce early sales of both with several people who can't afford both there at the same time.

Eurasian Lynx: 128
European Lynx (Subspecies of the eurasian lynx): 215
Iberian Lynx: 7

Though question who should be in the game, really idk. It isnt like we already had an outrage about a certain black bear for unneccessarly restricting it to a very niche species and not choosing the more common species. Oh look, its himalayan brown bear oh clock! Lets check on him! 5 holdings! Oh my, almost as much as the iberian lynx. So we would not only have the rare brown brownbear instead of the eurasian common one, but also a lynx! How delightful!

Last edited:
Eurasian Lynx: 128
European Lynx (Subspecies of the eurasian lynx): 215
Iberian Lynx: 7

Though question who should be in the game, really idk. It isnt like we already had an outrage about a certain black bear for unneccessarly restricting it to a very niche species and not choosing the more common species. Oh look, its himalayan brown bear oh clock! Lets check on him! 5 holdings! Oh my, almost as much as the iberian lynx. So we would not only have the rare brown brownbear instead of the eurasian common one, but also a lynx! How delightful!
I assume those figures are a reference to the number of zoos that hold each animal?
I'd personally prefer the Iberian lynx because about 5-10 years ago it literally could only be found in my region in Southern Spain so it means a lot to me. That being said, I totally get your point and I'd be totally fine with the Eurasian lynx as it is much more widespread and versatile. My only comment though is that the Iberian lynx is not comparable with the Formosan black bear as it is a totally different (and visually distinct) species.

Lets be honest, it is nearly impossible to make pack which would satisfy all players. Everyone have different opinions what should be added into the game. Thats fine, because everyone have their favourites based on various factors. We cant avoid dissatisfaction. We dont even know what next pack will be, but there are first signs of dissatisfaction (even here on forum), because those people dont like european fauna.

Personally I would prefer iberian lynx, because i am having bias towards endangered species.

I wish they could do a 5+1 instead of a 4+1 (or 8+1 instead of 7+1) and include both Eurasian and Iberian lynx like a Xmas gift 🤩
that would honestly be a dream come true, especally because its more of a grey wolf/arctic wolf situation then anything else. Both are perfectly valid, i would just personally prefer if they went with the broader species, both in how common they are in captivity, their geographic range and there range of biome, all things that the eurasian lynx comes on top of, with arguably only the bobcat being able to compare

I wish they could do a 5+1 instead of a 4+1 (or 8+1 instead of 7+1) and include both Eurasian and Iberian lynx like a Xmas gift 🤩
I really don't like free content, unless it's a very small reskin like the new lemur. I mean, someone worked on it, I'd like to pay them for theur services.

I really don't like free content, unless it's a very small reskin like the new lemur. I mean, someone worked on it, I'd like to pay them for theur services.
I agree, it was just a wish and they could reduce the number of pieces a little to include the extra animal.

I know that it is not a popular opinion but I would be kind of ecstatic too if it could be the Eurasian animal pack bringing both worlds into one - the animals from both Europe and northern part of Asia.

EURASIAN animal pack
Lynx
Ibex
Wolverine
Przewalski horse
Amur leopard
Pere David’s deer
Musk ox or Golden Takin
ex: Fire Salamader

Top Bottom