Deciat - Farseer being camped/ganked/pirated

I think it is just extremist 'no engineer' activists. I dont endorse the means but definitely the cause.

griefa_t.jpg

They are hoping some new player carrying meta alloys after a long journey from Maia will provide the lulz for the day as they gank them and send them back to square one, at which point said new player either quits or becomes a lifetime solo player which then will be lamented here as "open is empty except the ganker hotspots".

It's also interesting how there's always a "cause" other than the obvious for these griefankers to kill new players. If new players wanted to go to look at a visitor beacon, there would these griefankers be calling themselves "anti-visitor beacon activists" just to shoot the new players.

Deleted member 182079

D
It's also interesting how there's always a "cause" other than the obvious for these griefankers to kill new players. If new players wanted to go to look at a visitor beacon, there would these griefankers be calling themselves "anti-visitor beacon activists" just to shoot the new players.
I much prefer a bit of back story rather than just interdict/shoot from the hip.

A while back I got pulled over by a guy who has a problem with docking computers and his crew snipe them without destroying the target's ships (unless repeat offenders iirc), was quite an amusing encounter. Luckily I didn't have one installed (at the time) or he would've... scratched my paintjob at the very least!

Good for you, OP.

Elivra Martuuk is a good alternative to Farseer for new players. Got the sweet FSD, shield generator, and drive upgrades plus significantly lower Commander traffic. Also gets you on the path to the glorious Dr. Palin.

Afterward you can hit up the rest of the opening engineers and head to Deciat much better prepared.
I heard that in Colonia there are no gankers around the engineers' bases. Just sayin'...

I ran into one of these guys when I was setting up my DBX Big Bad Nasty Warship* for exploration a couple weeks ago. And I mean...I RAN into him!

(*It's a lightweight, totally stripped-down and unarmed li'l buggy whose only offensive capability is the creative use of harsh language on the part of its Commander. I have a rather Culture-ish approach to ship names.)

Dude in a Vulture picked me up at the entry point and chased after me as I headed to the planet. I decided to do the cold-dark thing to see if it works. I slowed, dropped into normal space, hit SR, dropped a heat sink and burned like hell away from the entry point.

It was about as effective as a screen door on a submarine. Dude picked me up right away, gave chase and shot my unprotected hull down to 40% in a single salvo...then apparently went dumb. He went roaring right into me, bounced off and wobbled crazily. I boosted back to Supercruise, aimed for the moon and sent a few words over my shoulder referencing the genetic possibilities of chihuahuas mating with nematode worms, and why they shouldn't fly Vultures. I set the ETA for 6 seconds and cruised in nicely; dude following WAY behind.

So yeah - there certainly are attackers at Deciat, though I can positively confirm at least one is a paid-in-full card-carrying member of the Bozo Brigade. :D

Last edited:
Just make it anarchy already. Then we can say, "Hey, dude. You're in their territory. What did you expect?" Then, when you say their, make it sound like you're talking about a group of real-life voodoo shamanses.

Is shaman already plural?
I don't think, Felicity Farseer would like to live there then. Also, the jerks don't deserve any explanation that makes them in any way part of the game. :D

Top Bottom