Decomissioned warmachine

Greetings CMDRs,

how weird is to buy Federal Corvette, outfit it with just cargo racks till 548t capacity (remaining slot is occupied by DC, handy little piece as it does all the hard work of launching/docking while I can set course) and exploit 2 systems 9LY apart for a net profit of 5.5M - 7.5M Cr for a single loop?

Asking for a friend :p

Well it's certainly not meta...
On the other hand, why not? Play your way and don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing...

Greetings CMDRs,

how weird is to buy Federal Corvette, outfit it with just cargo racks till 548t capacity (remaining slot is occupied by DC, handy little piece as it does all the hard work of launching/docking while I can set course) and exploit 2 systems 9LY apart for a net profit of 5.5M - 7.5M Cr for a single loop?

Not weird at all. If it works for how you want to play the game, then you're doing it right. The people who tell you that you must do x and y in order to buy z and thus win the game, they're completely wrong.

T-9 would probabaly be better for the job but I'm working toward having the Big Three once again. And earn some money in the process. Found quite nice spot and realized Anaconda has insufficient cargo space. In need of bigger vessel and with main goal in mind I decided to get Corvette. I'm aware that other ships would get me more cargo but Corvette I had piloted just once, when I originally bought my first and transered myself from purchase location to home base. I was curious how she handles.

And while circling between stations, hauling ordinary stuff it came to me I'm using military grade warmachine as a cargo truck. Fits decomissioned rig fantasy. At first idea of long nose ship (back to my first Anaconda) felt weird but now, the more I fly Corvette, the more I like it.

Greetings CMDRs,

How much did you pay to Federation Junkyard for the retired Corvette?

If it wasn't that pricey, it's not weird.

You know, "if it works, it's not stupid" (y);)

I'm even tempted to do the same now...

A badass truck would be all i need if we had enough high tonnage bulk cargo missions though.:unsure:

Greetings CMDRs,

Not weird at all. The Corvette is a multipurpose ship in the Federation Navy.
"…It is a quick, hard hitting vessel also capable of transporting cargo and personnel. Its versatility makes it the most common vessel of the Federation Navy that most people will encounter.…"

Using a Corvette as cargo ship is part of it's intended role.

How much did you pay to Federation Junkyard for the retired Corvette?

If it wasn't that pricey, it's not weird.

You know, "if it works, it's not stupid" (y);)

I'm even tempted to do the same now...

A badass truck would be all i need if we had enough high tonnage bulk cargo missions though.:unsure:

150-ish. I started rumbling about my military career days when I had to deliver those classified documents during distress. I turned into such grumpy tone that clerk behind dest started to address me per "Admiral". When I complained that those additional weight reducing features look awfuly familiar to rail shot marks he had thrown additional 15% off the deal. Hence the price.

But mine is in rather good condition so I didn't haggle much more. I think the price was fair.

I started just like everyone else, flying small ships until I could afford larger ones. Now that I'm a multi multi Billionare. And haveing done almost all the needed grinding. I've dry docked my Python and only utilize a Conda for those times where I need to go far, and one of my two Vettes specifically loaded out and engineered for their specific purposes. One of which is basically a war wagon, the other is for general purpose's. Haven't been to an space outpost in over six months, and don't miss them one bit.

Greetings CMDRs,

I'm not sure I have that much cargo in my vette, but have just over 400t capacity (I have a DC, limpet collector, shields) and often do Elite delivery missions with it, mostly to draw out mission pirates to dispatch for bounties and mats. It is fantastic for this role.

150-ish. I started rumbling about my military career days when I had to deliver those classified documents during distress. I turned into such grumpy tone that clerk behind dest started to address me per "Admiral". When I complained that those additional weight reducing features look awfuly familiar to rail shot marks he had thrown additional 15% off the deal. Hence the price.

But mine is in rather good condition so I didn't haggle much more. I think the price was fair.

Played your cards pretty well on this one cmdr, i salute you!

I have my eyes on a handsome looking FDL for some time now; in a pretty good shape, only having smoke marks around the exhaust. It seems to have boosted a lot in his days.

Anyway, i would like to take you with me to make use of your haggling skills :whistle:

Well, one of my ships is the Cutter - this is great for those haulage missions (750+tonnes of cargo) and it's fast enough to get through some interdictions...

It's supposed to be a good combat ship, but if I'm going to haul cargo through disputed areas, then I'll use the Corvette.

Prior to Duke/Cutter,I used my Corvette for hauling, put a decent 6 shield and G5 for everything else.

NPCs didn't have a chance and it handles better than the Cutter/Anaconda. Great for short runs.

However, now I use my Cutter (better cargo capacity/boost speed) and has enough punch for NPCs, more efficient for those cargo runs.

Top Bottom