Deep Recon X - Mind the Gap

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

attachment.php
Deep Recon X

Fiducialiter Agentes in Tenebris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Mind the Gap'

Originator: DRX Squadron Leader CMDR JT442 - Command Team Mission Planner
Mission Type: Exploration
Codename: MIND THE GAP

Mission Document: Click herehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1DJFKNIWU9FKWg16qeHo_fQFONZYBe9L5KJHORWPG_F4/edit?usp=sharing

Listen up, Commanders! This mission has been de-restricted and declared safe for all DRX Commanders. We are going to conduct a rapid Recon of the mysterious Hawking’s Gap. Be advised that this mission is suitable to ALL skill levels and we would like to encourage new explorers to join us.

The majority of the mission chatter will be on our Discord Channel - joining instructions can be found here: (post #2) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/266448-DEEP-RECON-Xhttps://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/266448-DEEP-RECON-X

It will be advisable to carry out this mission within the DRX private group - please message Cmdr Himoura for details and joining instructions.

The plan is for two Squadrons to conduct the initial outline survey, then regroup for the proper Gap search. The Squadron leaders will be selected by the Command team.

System descriptions taken from https://www.edsm.net/https://www.edsm.net/

We will start from Omicron Ursae Majoris, Asimov Dock.

Outbound:
The first rendezvous point will be the recently discovered Alien Ruins for scientific research (optional).:

SYNUEFE XR-H D11-102, Planet 1 B

A suggested route will take us from the ruins to the Statue of Liberty Nebula. Galmap ref: STATUE OF LIBERTY SECTOR DL-Y D25

Muster point 1
NGC 5315 (Qing Long Caverns)
GalMap Ref: CPD-65 2513 AB 3 a
Surface coordinates : -7.29 / -117.50
NGC 5315 is a planetary nebula in the constellation Circinus. The moon of the third planet in the system sports an intriguing multi-level plateau and twisting canyons under the blue and purple glow of the nebula. The site was surveyed as part of the Sagittarius-Carina Mission and is named in reference to the Azure Dragon of the West, one of the four mythological spirit creatures of ancient Chinese astrology. It’s topography may have been altered during the 2.2 update. Investigate this area.

OPTIONAL MISSION OBJECTIVE

Following The rendezvous at Muster Point 1, an optional excursion is to explore the area of space around
PLAA AEC IZ-N C20-1.
This is the area identified in a recent Community goal which resulted in the discovery of some unknown probes which transmitted a signal referring to the mysterious Dynasty Expedition. It is expected that there may be more to discover in this area. A sphere of no more than 200LY has been mentioned in various secret channels.

Red Squadron (Clockwise)
Red WP 1: The Lighthouse
GalMap Ref: Praea Aec YA-F d11-37
Sitting at the southern edge of the Circinus Transit, these powerful and young triplets act as a navigational aid for travellers crossing the galactic arm as they remain visible from light years away.

Red WP 2: The Circinus Pulsar
GalMap Ref: Circinus Pulsar
A pulsar with a very distant 4.4-solar mass orbiting black hole situated within the Scutum-Centaurus Arm, approx. 17,000 LYs from Sol.

Muster Point 2:
Pueliae Nebula
GalMap Ref: Pueliae IT-H d10-1
A small sized nebula approx. 23,000 LYs from Sol, situated between the Norma Arm and the Carina-Sagittarius Arm. It can be a bit tricky plotting a route there, as it is a low-density area in terms of systems.
Wait here for the other team to catch up

Blue Squadron (Counter-clockwise)
Blue WP 1: Red Coral
GalMap Ref: Prungoa EF-A e5
Red planetary nebula, supernova remnant. Black Hole, small, 2.3 solar masses estimated. 3 Brown Dwarfs present. Most moons icy, high carbon and charring evident.

Blue Wp2: The Grie Hypai Anomaly
GalMap Ref: Grie Hypai DL-Y g2
Black Hole in close proximity to a yellow and white T Tauri star pair, with another Blue T Tauri and a Class B star within 5500 Ls. Due to the star types, it is unknown how this system formed.
EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN JUMPING TO THIS SYSTEM - the black hole is in close proximity to the two stars, and you could end up getting forced out of supercruise within seconds of reversion.

Muster Point 2:
Pueliae Nebula
GalMap Ref: Pueliae IT-H d10-1
A small sized nebula approx. 23,000 LYs from Sol, situated between the Norma Arm and the Carina-Sagittarius Arm. It can be a bit tricky plotting a route there, as it is a low-density area in terms of systems.
Wait here for the other team to catch up

*System descriptions courtesy of EDSM and the Sagittarius-Carina Mission

The Rift Run
The main part of the mission is a wide ranging search of Hawkins Gap itself looking for anything and everything interesting – whether it be Earth-like worlds, hard to reach systems, anomalous sensor readings, massive alien attack ships…. Anything. This is free-range time for all commanders – blaze your own trail!

Return
A suggested return waypoint will be the Eta Carina Nebula and the various star clusters visible for thousands of light years in that general locale.This area of space, though well-travelled is full of remarkable sights.
Galmap ref: ETA CARINA SECTOR HR-W D1-28 .

General:

All Commanders are advised to bookmark all of the waypoints before leaving. This will give you approximate routing and a search area reference. Further advice regarding landing sites, suggested loadouts and other sightseeing opportunities will be posted via the DRX Club page, Frontier Forums, Inara and Discord. (We advise Discord to be the primary contact method)

It is suggested that Commanders go armed. We don’t know what is out there, if anything, but caution is the better part of valour. SLFs, combat builds and Fuel Rat Rigs are welcomed, and as a result we expect jump ranges to be significantly shorter than those for Go West. In short - bring whatever you feel you need. This trip is all-inclusive.

Waypoint Timings:

• Launch: Saturday 14 January 3303, 2100 - 2200UTC Asimov Dock, Omicron Ursae Majoris
Photo ops & wing-ups. Staggered departure. Squadron leaders ensure your pilots know what they are doing….

• Scientific field trip at the ancient ruins: SYNUEFE XR-H D11-102, Planet 1 B
-128.9711 : 16 January 3303, 2130UTC for those who want to see it.

• Muster Point 1:CPD-65 2513 : 28 January 3303
AB 3 a Surface coordinates : -7.29 / -117.50

• Optional waypoint search area: Plaa Aec IZ-N C20-1 : 1 February 3303
  • Red WP1: Praea Aec YA-F d11-37: 4 Februaryy 3303
  • Blue WP1: Prungoa EF-A e5: 4 Februaryy 3303
  • Red WP2: Circinus Pulsar: 18 February 3303
  • Blue WP2: Grie Hypai DL-Y g2: 18 February 3303
  • Muster Point 2: Pueliae IT-H d10-1: 4 March 3303
    Return via Plaa Aec IZ-N C20-1 - continue search if nothing else has been found
  • Mission end: 25 March 3303

The timings are approximate and it should be noted that you don’t have to stick to them. We appreciate that a stock Sidewinder will take a little longer to get around than an Explorconda. The Command Team and the Support Wing will be in attendance throughout and will try our best to assist you where required.

Good luck Commanders.

Last edited:
I'm packing converted passenger cabins. So far I've got a KFC, McDonald's and Paddy the Greeks meat free kebab stall, all on board as franchises. Two more slots available and then we will have a mobile food hall![yesnod]

I'm packing converted passenger cabins. So far I've got a KFC, McDonald's and Paddy the Greeks meat free kebab stall, all on board as franchises. Two more slots available and then we will have a mobile food hall![yesnod]

Subway for me, ta.
Better fit an all you can eat roadkill buffet for the Southern Yanks.

Since weapons are advised I'll switch my AspX for the Conda, this makes it also possible to take along some fuel limpets and a couple barrels of my personal treat.....Scotc.... erm Wisk.......ugh lemonade.
Jumprange will be quite shorter though, approx. 29ly.

I'll change my roster entry accordingly.

o7

Oh and don't forget the catnip, I heard Thargoids love that.

I'm still really undecided on what to take! Been doing some rapid recon this weekend in my ASPX and really do love this thing! It has no weapons and paper thin shields mind you so I'd be a goner if I met any type of resistance. Not enough time to raise the funds to upgrade my Anaconda either... May well have to be my Python which has a jump range of 28LY. Anybody know if I will I run into any troubles traversing the gap with that type of range?

I'm at 29ly jumprange with the current setup on my Conda, just as much as my AspX before engineers.
I went to the outer rim past Heart and Soul nebulae back then and didn't run in any trouble at all, stars became quite thin spreaded there.

30ly might be a bit saver but I don't expect to much trouble.

I'm hovering around 30LY range too. There will be quite a few of us around there... Some are taking ships which only have about 20LY range. There are enough of us with varying ranges to cover the area quite well. I don't think we'll encounter anything hostile anyway, but just in case a few of us are fully tooled up. The core of the mission is the same - explore in whatever you want. The checkpoints and the timings remain the same as before, so extra range means more waiting about...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom