DEEP RECON X

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

attachment.php

[FONTimpact]Deep Recon X[/FONT]
Fiducialiter Agentes in Tenebris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'This is Rumour Control'

Please note this is now DRX's sole point of contact (outside mission comms). This thread contains everything you might want to know as a potential member, as well as discussion for existing group members.

Answering the call of the unknown, the ceaseless whisper that draws us into the vastness of the Black.
And laughing in the face of the endless void.
"I WANNA JOIN!" - Please see: https://goo.gl/forms/p81j7O9ulJ0340eq1

DRXHUHU_zpsdc0aycix.png

Q: What is DRX?

A: Deep Recon X is a player created faction with a common goal, to plumb the depths of space and find what lurks therein. Although we're primarily an exploration team we do a lot of other stuff too.

Q: Where do you operate?

A: The whole Milky Way Galaxy! DRX are wanderers and generally like to keep the FSD toasty. Wherever we lay our helmets is our home. Although, if you are the type to find comfort in gravity and dust, we welcome you also. (But you'll either be feedin' the space pigs or answering the phone on the reception desk :p).

Having said that Deep Recon X IS an in-game faction. Our home system is a little place called Omicron Ursae Majoris. That's right, part of the most recognisable constellation in the night sky, the Great Bear (or Plough/Big Dipper). Wave hello.

Q: Are there any benefits to being a part of DRX?

A: Glad you asked! Benefits of being a member of the team include having access to a network of CMDRs dedicated to discovering the secrets of the galaxy. You will be able to collaborate on search missions over INARA or wing up in-game to make thorough work of planet-side investigations. In the near future we will have a support team to assist our CMDRs in the deep reaches of dark matter. This will include rescues, re-fueling and material gathering for SRV repair and temporary FSD boosting.
PLUS a huge amount of in' Around [SIZE=2](tm) [/SIZE]

Q: I'm interested, do I have to make difficult commitments?

A: Only the ones you make for yourself. DRX will never shackle you. You are free to roam the stars, as you always have been. You can join us on group expeditions when they take place if you so wish. Lone Wolfing is a recognised need for some CMDRs, but you can rest assured that if you DO get into trouble alone the team is nearby to assist, even if it's just to hold your hand in those last minutes.

Q: How do I get involved?

A: Speak to any member of our Command team (there is a list below). They will advise you on where to go from here. OR if your mind is made up and you're ready to sign up, simply use the Link at the top of this post.

ROSTER_zpsijlso7e0.png

--Command Team--

Iconoclypse Wing Commander (Forum: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/member.php/125781-iconoclypse or INARA: http://inara.cz/cmdr/19023)
CMDR WilfridSephiroth Deputy Wing Commander/Mission Planner
Armholeeio Chief of Staff/Mission Planner
The Tafmeister Chief of Staff/Mission Planner

Torrigwynt174 Chief of Staff/Mission Planner

The DRX Command Team also have a direct e-mail: drx.command@gmail.com

The entire DRX roster can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qVxKyEBIPOqoZyp6mCGNM7MRnvJUDOiXYe8hrjcRvVE/edit?usp=sharing

linka_zpsiwupbpyk.png

[video=youtube_share;EP--sFeDJNU]https://youtu.be/EP--sFeDJNU[/video]

'Fiducialiter Agentes in Tenebris' - 'Boldly into the Darkness'

Our constitution is fluid, requiring that no CMDRs should have to change their playstyle, allegiance, or other affiliation. As such all expeditions will be open to be participated in at a CMDRs own pace, and in whichever game mode a CMDR chooses.

(PS. If all the above sounds a little po-faced, worry not! DRX is renowned for not taking itself too seriously. We're here to have FUN!)

We were run primarily by, and for, Xbox One CMDRs, but we also welcome PC, and now PS4, users who want to follow our discussion threads, or our itinerary, while on expedition. The more the merrier.

Finally, in case you missed it earlier - if you'd like to join, here's how: https://goo.gl/forms/p81j7O9ulJ0340eq1.

Last edited:
I'd like to second that Welcome! Come and check us out....

Especially looking forward to welcoming all our new PS4 brothers.......nope, no rivalries here. We're all Commanders in the same big galaxy! [yesnod]

<<<< Message start>>>>>>

DRX Mission Control systems check

System check satisfactory

Mission control online

<<<<message terminated>>>>>

<<<<Additional:

DRX is proud to be hosting an 'Extreme Sidewindering' Event.
This event is open to everyone and is contained within a Dangerous Discussions thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/335611-Extreme-Sidewindering-(images)

To enter, all you need to do is get in a Sidewinder and grab a screenshot of it in the most stupid place you can put it....

Other upcoming missions:
- Top of the World (Announcement imminent)
- PVP tournament (TBA)
- Look at the size of that thing! (TBA)

<<<<Additional message ends>>>>

Last edited:

verminstar

Banned
Not sure why, but the link keeps sending me to the frontier store.

Anyway...am on the road to colonia again after a little detour to the bubble to build a keelback fer the core. Havent ever really bothered with groups...first time fer everything. So where do I put my paw print?

verminstar

Banned
Inara and discord...suppose I cant join if I dont have accounts there. Never worry, sorry guys not fer me...take care in the black ^

They're just communication possibilities. We don't discriminate - we have here, Inara, Discord, FAcebook, a player group in-game and an XBOX live group. Any are useful, but some get more traffic than others.

Nevermind, good luck out there.

Last edited:

verminstar

Banned
Dont use fakebook anymore, dont even know what inara is apart from being a character in firefly, never really bothered with discord, had to ask my daughter what it was cos she uses it on her game. Ok I know what it is, just never bother with it. I dont use out of game resources apart from this forum...thats why I avoid groups...they insist on it and I lose interest and wander off.

I just wanted someone to have a banter with now and then...cant be bothered with all that other stuff n nonsense. Anyway, take care in the black cmdr.

Last edited:
Dont use fakebook anymore, dont even know what inara is apart from being a character in firefly, never really bothered with discord, had to ask my daughter what it was cos she uses it on her game. Ok I know what it is, just never bother with it. I dont use out of game resources apart from this forum...thats why I avoid groups...they insist on it and I lose interest and wander off.

I just wanted someone to have a banter with now and then...cant be bothered with all that other stuff n nonsense. Anyway, take care in the black cmdr.

Our roster is public (see above) - feel free to add any/all of us fir more green blips on your galmap.
The banter is free, I would hope by now you've seen enough DRXers posting here, there, and everywhere.
Bring some banter - DRX'll be your friend.

+++DRX EMERGENCY MISSION+++++

SEARCH AND RESCUE

TARGET: Col 70 Sector

Mission parameters:

As reported in Galnet, a distress signal has been detected in the Col 70 region. We are immediately launching a search and rescue mission on behalf of an anonymous client. The pilot is believed to be Luciano Prestio-Giovanni - a person of significance to our client. We are to find a way into Col 70 and attempt to recover the pilot.

Recommendations:

Ship with cargo capacity of 6 tonnes, ensure you are adequately armed and have a good jump range.

DRX Mission Control

+++Transmission Ends+++

I just submitted my application, hoping to join the team! Interested in doing stuff like the above post. All my friends are bailing from ED as it's "too much" for them and they need games with a clear path to success (hand holding), hoping to meet some like-minded folks here!

o7

I just submitted my application, hoping to join the team! Interested in doing stuff like the above post. All my friends are bailing from ED as it's "too much" for them and they need games with a clear path to success (hand holding), hoping to meet some like-minded folks here!

o7

Welcome, CMDR Emvious. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you! lol.

Also, sorry about posting my trivial question in the Command Room. I didn't realize I posted in there until after I hit submit.. I'm new and dumb. :/

Last edited:
1: It wasn't a dumb question
2: It was in the right place
3: I've replied
4: STOP APOLOGISING :D

Relax lad. Given your fleet, you look like you'll be quite handy.... You can't be doing that badly with a Cutter. Hell, I'm Elite and I ain't got one yet!

Thank you! lol.

Also, sorry about posting my trivial question in the Command Room. I didn't realize I posted in there until after I hit submit.. I'm new and dumb. :/

1: It wasn't a dumb question
2: It was in the right place
3: I've replied
4: STOP APOLOGISING :D

Relax lad. Given your fleet, you look like you'll be quite handy.... You can't be doing that badly with a Cutter. Hell, I'm Elite and I ain't got one yet!

What JT said. (plus what I said on INARA).
No such thing as a trivial question when it comes to ED. Other games? maybe, but ED - NO!
and in DRX you'll find helpful info, but usually with a lot of silly banter too.
in' Around (tm)

Top Bottom