COMPLETED CG Deliver Supplies to the Galactic Summit (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Any issues with interdictions yet?
Out of 6 round trips, I've been interdicted (NPC) 4 times, so there have been more than usual. Won the mini-game each time in my T9 with 788 tonnes of cargo. :)

If you equip an docking computer on a shieldless ship does it do damage to the ship when it lands? Anyone know?
I hardly ever fly shieldless and am thinking about it. Hardly ever use the docking computer either.
Don't trust myself to not forget and do a fast hard land.
For the last few CGs, I've been shieldless giving me an extra 32 tonnes of cargo space. I use the Advanced Docking Computer and sometimes there is minimal damage, but most of the time the hull stays at 100%.

Looks like this time Frontier may have made it so there will be enough closely available food and drink that carrier owners won't have a big an advantage. If so, that will be one less thing to gripe about. Good job FD!
The carrier owners won't have ANY advantage as they can't bring them into the Sirius system! :D

If you equip an docking computer on a shieldless ship does it do damage to the ship when it lands? Anyone know?
I hardly ever fly shieldless and am thinking about it. Hardly ever use the docking computer either.
Don't trust myself to not forget and do a fast hard land.
I bought a super budget shieldless Cutter just for this CG and put an Advanced Docking Computer on it. Out of 16 take-offs/landings I think I've had 5 times that it's scraped the mail slot and/or caused damage by retracting the landing gear. The most damage I've taken was 2%. Not a big deal, just super cringey.

"Landing gear retracted. Hull damage detected."

This is the first CG in a very long time, I'm actually interested in... too bad, it's impossible to do in open with only one large landing pad.

So then do it in PG or Solo.
Easy fixed.
Or if you are more interested in the risks provided by other players use a Python or Krait, I know that would mean around three times as many trips but that means three times as many chances for emergent gameplay.

Me I am sticking to one of the PGs I am in as my setup doesn’t handle large numbers of players well.

I am sure they will work that out by the end of the CG.

And let us know here probably.

Its just as likely they just jumped to the nearest system with their fleet though.

Out of 6 round trips, I've been interdicted (NPC) 4 times, so there have been more than usual. Won the mini-game each time in my T9 with 788 tonnes of cargo. :)

I dont even try and win in my T9, kudos to you. Anecdotally I only been cargoing F&V and occasional small batches of wine to top up and I aint been interdicted once yet, maybe the Pirates have some sense and only go for the higher value stuff? Or maybe they just dont eat their greens?

are there any goods worth taking in the opposite direction, cant remember how to work that out its so long since I went on a CG.

biowaste is safe but nobody pooping enough to get any decent tonnage.

agri-meds, consumer tech, pesticides, meds etc have even smaller availability, I gave up as wasting time selling different micro batches and all the way to the bottom for waste could be better spent moving. Lazy.

the market comparison is probably bugged and not working, it was last time I checked so just take mental note of some imports and the prices.

there is no CG target station keeping up with necessary supply, especially if all goods come from 1 economy type - and more so not a CG megaship for its smaller economy size. It's one-way trading.

Hauled 25k tons yesterday, but since we already reached tier 1 for success and there's a 41k cr/t trade elsewhere I moved on to that since that's over 3 times better than the CG.

Where? :) Sharing IS caring
1614955367519.png

If too many people head for this station and do this, will the demand and supply eventually dry up?
Bauxite has a fairly good regeneration but yes it's been drying up from heavy trading (when I started about 24 hours ago it was about 250k supply). There's nothing special about this supplier, though, except for being in no states as those increase not only the demand price but also the supply price. Might have to do an extra jump or two but that's it.

This special price is thanks to the demand station. In about 20 minutes the tick will happen, and if one of those faction state ends, the bauxite price will go down.

Out of 16 take-offs/landings I think I've had 5 times that it's scraped the mail slot and/or caused damage by retracting the landing gear. The most damage I've taken was 2%. Not a big deal, just super cringey.

"Landing gear retracted. Hull damage detected."
Yeah it's nuts, and in my experience the damage on releasing the docking clamps has been happening more often than not.

Yeah it's nuts, and in my experience the damage on releasing the docking clamps has been happening more often than not.
Have you been keeping your ships integrity up to 100% using advanced maintenance?
If that gets low your ship becomes more fragile.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
I dont even try and win in my T9, kudos to you.
I don't do combat so winning the mini-game is my only option, especially as I'm running shieldless. :)

are there any goods worth taking in the opposite direction, cant remember how to work that out its so long since I went on a CG.
I don't bother taking anything in the opposite direction, so that I only get interdicted in one direction. :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom