Horizons Density of prospectable rocks?

Hi,

New to Horizons and surface prospecting.

Is it just me, or are prospectable rocks few and far between? Like several KMs apart.

Does it vary from planet to planet? If so, is there a resource which lists the most
"densely rocked" planets?

Thanks!

--JoeD

The resourse is https://eddb.io/ but you will find only the % about what are you looking for

Click on Bodies
Then under Material Finder put the material that you ar looking for ( arsenic, iron etc )
Then put the Reference System and press find

By the way I found that if you land in craters you will find more prospectable rocks than in the surface. I don't know why but it is so

Last edited:
Yes, I know about eddb, but it only tells you the % of different elements on the planet. It doesn't tell
what % of rocks on the planet will be prospectable. Interesting about the craters. I might try this!

Thanks!

IMO, there isn't any appreciable difference from one planet to the next. Some say you get better results near craters. For me, I try to find planets that are easy to drive on, the more ground I can cover easily the faster I get what I want. fwiw, I rarely travel more than 3 jumps from Deciat and I've got everything I ever needed for engineering (element wise).

Find a planet with the right materials you are after that also has Geological Sites.

Geological Sites are typically high density clusters of stuff (rocks, fumaroles, gysers, etc) which contain materials.

If you're new to planetary landings and hunting for materials, a geological site feels like you've hit the bonanza!

Find a planet with the right materials you are after that also has Geological Sites.

Geological Sites are typically high density clusters of stuff (rocks, fumaroles, gysers, etc) which contain materials.

If you're new to planetary landings and hunting for materials, a geological site feels like you've hit the bonanza!
Yeah Yeah, GeoJase said it better than me but yes this!

Top Bottom