Newcomer / Intro Detention question

I checked the logs.
It shows that 15 minutes after I entered the hangar there was a launch request, the ship didnt launch so it was shot.
What happened is probably because I forgot to turn off the microphone on my VoiceAttack and I had music playing in the room and it probably recognized the command "launch" from one of the songs and executed it.
Nice one. We can add that to the list. Mine is still unexplained.

Well, if it has a name it means I am not the only one 🤣
What a relief! 😅
A way to prevent this for the future (and give immersion) could be to make the commands longer, such as; "Station, this is Charlie Alpha Tango, initiate launch sequence"

Similarly, I would have; "Leo (whichever COVAS you use), retract landing gear" etc. That should all but eliminate accidental trigger.

A way to prevent this for the future (and give immersion) could be to make the commands longer, such as; "Station, this is Charlie Alpha Tango, initiate launch sequence"

Similarly, I would have; "Leo (whichever COVAS you use), retract landing gear" etc. That should all but eliminate accidental trigger.

I can't edit the default commands that came with HCS voice pack.
Or is there a way?

Hey, that's exactly my call-sign :LOL:

I have a key set as mic mute (recognition global hotkey) in VA. I use the NumLock as the indicator light on shows mic is active (VA is listening).

(Saves a lot of issues but needed the indication light on the keyboard to remind me.)

I have a key set as mic mute (recognition global hotkey) in VA.

I was having problems with VA recognizing its own command acknowledgement as a command and repeating the same command over and over. (I play without headphones during day time)
So I bought a desk mic that has a mute button with indicator lights on it.
But today was the first time I was using it and I forgot to mute it.
Lesson learned. :LOL:

Top Bottom