Dev Diary #2 - Rewarding Creativity (Gameplay, UI and coaster building included!)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;JOAiH4_Wrc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAiH4_Wrc4[/video]
I AM SO SUPER HYPED [big grin] The attention of detail to making scenery is so awesome.

Oh. My. God. I am so sold after this video.

This vid reveals so much about modular building, the coaster builder and the scenery. I like how simple the building looks (and hopefully works). It gives us so much freedom in creating whatever we desire. It is so awesome.

So much love for Frontier and keep up the good work. [heart][heart]

I am now 101% sure about this game.Modular building,scenery,ui,everything is amazing
Jizz
Preorder away

Guys come to Coaster Head Club we have an extended version!!! [big grin]

ZmQl9iP.gif

Wow! Great job, this is gonna be a fantastic game! Gonna get the preorder at next paycheck for sure

Funny Ferriswheel ride in the end [happy]

Remember how RCTW is $60?

This is $20, and it is doing everything fans have asked for sinee the start. It's improved what RCT3 did poorly, like terrain, improved what it did decent, custom buildings, and even what it did well, like building coasters. Did I mention that the game IS ONLY $20! It's also bringing back the management side of the game that has been absent for a while. Remember how people were speculative of this game? Not anymore, I bet.

To be honest, if it weren't for the lack of a Linux port, from what I've seen so far I'd not be afraid to pick up an early bird copy, a VIP copy, all the copies! [big grin]

Last edited:

This is $20, and it is doing everything fans have asked for sinee the start. It's improved what RCT3 did poorly, like terrain, improved what it did decent, custom buildings, and even what it did well, like building coasters. Did I mention that the game IS ONLY $20! It's also bringing back the management side of the game that has been absent for a while. Remember how people were speculative of this game? Not anymore, I bet.

To be honest, if it weren't for the lack of a Linux port, from what I've seen so far I'd not be afraid to pick up an early bird copy, a VIP copy, all the copies! [big grin]
I was happy to fork over 65 euro for the Early Bird copy for this one just to show extra support. Paying $20 wouldn't even feel fair to me for the work accomplished here.

The attention to detail is superb. The flexibility is incredible. The coaster editor looks like it took cues from Coaster Crazy (like I and a few others predicted!) and reworked it to make it PC-friendly. The terrain tools are amazing. The scenery building system looks simple and intuitive to use yet very flexible. The graphics look awesome.

What else can I say? Normally with sneak peaks for games I see at least one thing that concerns me - but this might be the first time I am 100% impressed.

Can't wait for this game!!!!!

[woah][woah][woah] amazing....absolutely amazing. My jaw dropped by seeing this video. This will be the magnum opus of "theme-park management" games. AMAZING!!![up][up][up][up][up][up][up]

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator

It's actually $30, the default currency on Frontier's store is GBP and if you want to see it in USD you need to change the currency at the top of the page. Still cheaper than RCTW if you just want to pre-order the final version of the game though. [yesnod]

1000 times better than what I was seeing from RCTW!

Myself, I want the Full Game but don't want or need to go On-Line, Visit other peoples parks. I do want to create my own Guest and be able to have control over where it goes and what it does unlike in RCT3 where it was Passive and chose a peep at random. And since I am the Owner of the Park, I Ride/Eat for Free but have the option to have a (determined by me) set amount of cash in my pocket and have to pay like everyone else ( as my stats will reflect my Avatars Mood and Hunger just like other guests with this option) and visit ATM if need be.

From the Clip tho, I doubt I will get my stuff to look as good.

SIMPLY AMAZING!!! Sure PC may still look too cartoony to some people, but PC is still looking Amazing. [heart]

Last edited:
1000 times better than what I was seeing from RCTW!

Myself, I want the Full Game but don't want or need to go On-Line, Visit other peoples parks. I do want to create my own Guest and be able to have control over where it goes and what it does unlike in RCT3 where it was Passive and chose a peep at random. And since I am the Owner of the Park, I Ride/Eat for Free but have the option to have a (determined by me) set amount of cash in my pocket and have to pay like everyone else ( as my stats will reflect my Avatars Mood and Hunger just like other guests with this option) and visit ATM if need be.

From the Clip tho, I doubt I will get my stuff to look as good.
Maybe 1000000 times better!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom