Dev Diary #3 - Creating Your Own Jurassic World

I really like the new Spinosaurus. I hope he gets a species field guide soon.
Screenshot_20211027-114654.png

Therizinosaurus is probably only in the movie for 10 seconds and dies to that freaking Rexy, to prove Rex is the strongest, ugh.

Therizinosaurus is probably only in the movie for 10 seconds and dies to that freaking Rexy, to prove Rex is the strongest, ugh.
If that's the case, then I'd rather it be killed by the Giganotosaurus to show it's menace. Kinda like the Ankylosaurus being killed by the I. Rex in JW1.

I’d rather see the Therizinosaurus kill some humans and carnivores, and survive.

Some aggressive herbivores would be a welcome addition... Therizino, Styraco, Shantungo, Euoplo, Stygi, Amarga, and Kentro.

They already had enough moments, and I like Triceratops like a gentle giant, Styracosaurus should be the aggressive family member, it looks much better for that role.

They already had enough moments, and I like Triceratops like a gentle giant, Styracosaurus should be the aggressive family member, it looks much better for that role.
I disagree. Triceratops just has such a history to it as a fighter, often seen as "heroic". I just find it odd that the Jurassic franchise has never played with that.

So, this was very interesting and pretty to watch, but i still have a couple questions:

- are the gameplay eras symmetrical? As in, do they share the same buildings and dinosaur availability? Or should we expect more unjustifiable changes like in JWE1, where the JP era had no paleobotany, wu genes, and a severely reduced dinosaur roster?

- are JP era buildings faithful to the style, or at least accurate?

- have you added the intensity slider to terrain tools, to avoid losing our fingers on the mouse to ensure terrain is evenly painted?

- confirmation that all legacy JP skins are present in this game would be welcome?

- Great idea to upgrade buildings with storm defences rather than those weird "storm stations".

- the raptor climbing the fence was terrifying.

Massive kudos to Amy and her team for the amazing animations. And to Jim for the luscious beard.
Also wish we can have more rocks like for aviary, such as tall rocks where they can perch on. You know. Also more types of attraction buildings like river tours and such

"PC and new-generation console players will also be able to mix eras and combine the two building sets"
I'm very disappointed to hear that older console gamers will lose the benefit of stepping into the old world.
I play on Xbox One and I get really upset because, besides the price being very high, I won't have the same experience as a PC gamer or high-end consoles.

"PC and new-generation console players will also be able to mix eras and combine the two building sets"
I'm very disappointed to hear that older console gamers will lose the benefit of stepping into the old world.
I play on Xbox One and I get really upset because, besides the price being very high, I won't have the same experience as a PC gamer or high-end consoles.

That's because you aren't playing on the PC or a new console. There is going to be limitations. You are lucky that you get to play the game. They could have just made it a PC and new consoles exclusive.

You would still be able to play with the JP era themed game assets. You just won't be able to mix them with the JW era game assets.

I like how no one noticed the raptor sitting on top of the fence. That was one of the bigger reveals in the video and no one here brought it up. That and the Spinosaurus model which looks way more movie accurate. There were other things like the large map. But seeing that raptor standing on the fence like a big bird was a way bigger deal. It was awesome to see.

I am going to say it now, I am betting the raptors don't climb out. They jump out. They jump to the top of the fence and then jump down to the other side. IMO that would way cooler than seeing them climb out. Though I could be wrong.

It reminds of the scene near the end of the novel where the raptors escape and start attacking the buildings. In the novel they could jump pretty high. Also they had the ability to land perfectly on some pretty small surfaces.

I could be wrong and they might climb out. But that would be a lot animation work and even if done right would still could look weird. It's easier to just have them jump out. It's shown in the movies how high they can jump. Especially in TLW. Having them basically jump out would be a lot easier to do as far as animations go. They would just be doing what they do in the game anyway, just a bit higher.

Top Bottom