🐧 Developer Journal: Aquatic Pack 🐧

This pack and update, without a doubt, is the biggest game-changer since launch. And honestly what I had been expecting since last year's Arctic pack. Estimating the timing is one thing, but I could have never thought deep swimming would be as dynamic and detailed as it has been described in this post. I was expecting underwater navigation, but this is beyond anything I could have hoped for!

One thing grabbed my attention in the journal:
We also allow animals to dynamically change travel targets at any time, so our new system allows us to dynamically update the exiting path, all while keeping animals continually in motion
Wonder if this new system will apply to terrestrial animals as well. Would help greatly especially with slower animals, like tortoises, as they sometimes end up reaching their initial destination when it is no longer there, like food, and then decide to go to the next pile after they've reached the first, which can be at opposite ends of a habitat.

Wonder if this new system will apply to terrestrial animals as well. Would help greatly especially with slower animals, like tortoises, as they sometimes end up reaching their initial destination when it is no longer there, like food, and then decide to go to the next pile after they've reached the first, which can be at opposite ends of a habitat.

Wondered this as well. I guess they'd have explicitly said if it was that way. But it would definately help with a little more realistic movements. Not that there is an urgent need for me personally for that, just a random thought.

I just want to say a massive thank you to this team for watching what we make in the workshop and creating better or simpler options for us, to give the community what we really want or need! (Example: waterfall pieces, new fonts, tiled roof, flexicolour rocks from the new aquatic pack).

It’s so wonderful to see that you are definitely always listening and watching, and make the effort of “the players have used 100 tiny pieces to make x, let’s make a new single piece item that is flexicolour to make it easier for them”. Thank you for thinking of us, not all game developers do!

Just checked a couple of showcase videos from BeyondDrew and Rudi and oh my... The pack looks absolutey amazing. I'm not a huge fan of exhibit animals but this time they've changed the game. It's really satisfying to see the terrapins moving around there. I hope we get more of these exhibit animals with loop animations in the future!
And then the habitat animals...they're just insane. The models are second to none, really, and it shows how much work is put into each of them. I really hope that, despite all the effort they require, more animals are included in the future. We simply cannot get enough of them!! Even 2 more (reskin-ish) per pack would make a huge difference!

Thanks again Frontier.

Just checked a couple of showcase videos from BeyondDrew and Rudi and oh my... The pack looks absolutey amazing. I'm not a huge fan of exhibit animals but this time they've changed the game. It's really satisfying to see the terrapins moving around there. I hope we get more of these exhibit animals with loop animations in the future!
And then the habitat animals...they're just insane. The models are second to none, really, and it shows how much work is put into each of them. I really hope that, despite all the effort they require, more animals are included in the future. We simply cannot get enough of them!! Even 2 more (reskin-ish) per pack would make a huge difference!

Thanks again Frontier.
Can't wait to see it. I'm still having a Problem with my Computer so if it can't be solved I'll check out the Videos

Top Bottom