Development Update 3 - August

Horizons Cosmetics in Odyssey

Our character team have been hard at work overhauling Horizon’s flight suit cosmetics to make them compatible with Odyssey’s EVA suits. While we still have a little way still to go, you can see some of the results which we plan to bring to the game soon, below.

hkpiNqx.jpg
r7mqFy0.jpg

Four Player Multicrew

We’re pleased to share that we are making great progress on this feature, with a number of ships now in test with four Commanders on the bridge. More details will be released closer to release.

3CWmmwt.png
H9ZdJNw.png
Does this include the Suits too, so can we wear for example these here suitmale_legacy06_suitmale_legacy05_suitmale_legacy04_suitmale_legacy03_suitmale_legacy02_suit...jpg underneath our Dominator-Armor in place of the current Suit-Skin? The Screenshots you provided only show the current "on-top" Cosmetics like the Wanderer-Set which is worn on top of the Flight Suit.

Will Four-Player Multicrew also fix the Crew / Team differences? Last time i checked only "Multicrew" was able to use Turrets, while "Team" was locked from that Menu.

All these updates sound great but is there any news on console release. My biggest fear as a console player is by the time the game is finally released on console it will already feel old as everything has been covered, discovered and solved and us console players will be left with dregs and left overs.

I'm hoping for anarchy stations to be more seedy too. They should be grimy, visible signs of disrepair, a hive of scum and villainy. Torn pirate banner flags, no commercial advertising, smoke-filled, dodgy-looking NPCs. They are some of the tidiest I've seen, nothing on the floor, and still play the cutesy jingles in the elevators. So cute for an anarchy.

Speaking of which, the Frontier elevators should have more militaristic, "you are going into battle" music, not going up to a department store's lingerie floor. And the Apex elevators should play Apex jingles. It's the little things.

Last edited:
All these updates sound great but is there any news on console release. My biggest fear as a console player is by the time the game is finally released on console it will already feel old as everything has been covered, discovered and solved and us console players will be left with dregs and left overs.
I suspect they are holding back stuff for the console launch - before Odyssey launched (and before the storm that ensued) they said that there were still things yet to be seen... I think if things had gone a lot smoother and console launch was not delayed, they would have been revealed by now.

NO.

This is for megaships only. Don't speculate. Just a friendly advice. :)
Ah the useless things that no one visits. Nice to see they have their priorities straight. Fdev be like oh lets make interiors for megaships but neglect fleet carriers and normal ships because they are useless

Why do you need Apex on a Carrier?

Owning a carrier without a ship is pointless, and possibly impossible. But what if you charter an Apex to a carrier and then it's jumped 500Ly away? Why happens if you get an Apex onto a carrier, and then it jumps 500Ly away, stranding you with no way of getting off of the FC because Apex can't travel you to a nearby system as there are none.
During launch preparation your character respawn in an Apex and leaves the carrier bringing you to the nearest station.

This all sounds very good, but please, for the love of God, PLEASE make sure you fully test this and don't end up just buggering up Horizons for the rest of us who still can't get Odyssey looking decent yet and are enjoying ourselves over there instead. 🤞

Mission feature extensions

Work is still ongoing to expand mission features for Odyssey with the aim to increase mission diversity and create stronger links between the in-cockpit and on foot gameplay. We hope to share more on this soon.
This is probably the most important point of the dev update, since the lack of links between ship gameplay and on foot gameplay (besides exploration, which for this very reason is one of the best features of Odyssey, even if at the same time one of the worst designed) is one of the biggest weak points of Odyssey's design, so good luck with this.

Last edited:
I hope that link between on foot and aerial gameplay means we will be able to drop pods into the conflict so they can cut open the turret housings so we never even have to land the ship.

Top Bottom