Developers Diaries... how often?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
coincidence or not it does seem to be whenever atari have updates on RCTW (sneaky if true!), just hours before we had confirmation of Mattlab interview for Friday

Yes, I'm following that interview. But Planet Coaster currently has a huge amount more awesomeness than RCTW, and we haven't even seen a lot of Planet Coaster yet!

I don't care when just glad to see they are working on it for us to have something soon! They are so amazing when it comes to keeping us informed! :)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I don't care when just glad to see they are working on it for us to have something soon! They are so amazing when it comes to keeping us informed! :)

The Planet Coaster Team is indeed amazing, it's a real gift for us to be so close to development and see al the beautiful creations they share with us! [heart]

so after seeing the newest dev diary (2), i was really excited, but i was still hungry for more! this question hasn't been officially answered, so i still do really wanna know, how often?

so after seeing the newest dev diary (2), i was really excited, but i was still hungry for more! this question hasn't been officially answered, so i still do really wanna know, how often?

Really I think its maybe once a month if they can. I know they have to take the time to get recording down and they want to make sure its done right and it could take weeks on end to do a lot of editing. It's a challenge.

Really I think its maybe once a month if they can. I know they have to take the time to get recording down and they want to make sure its done right and it could take weeks on end to do a lot of editing. It's a challenge.
i completely understand, in fact, once a month is better then none, which most games do, they tell you they're making a game, but don't show almost anything!
it's just that I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Last edited:
it's just that I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Same here. With the last video I felt such big urge to start to play nooooow. hehee, But of course I want them to have time to make the game. Do not want to have unfinished game you know even if it may look great they chose the good parts to show. You do not know how the other things looks like. So I trust them with the development progress. :)

But.. *itch itch*

Yeah, I mean so far they have been the best I have seen when it comes to releasing content for us to see. Most will say something is coming then you have to wait sometimes weeks or months before anything is shown.

So I'm very excited and can't wait for more as most of you are excited too.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KnoxVegas
Really I think its maybe once a month if they can. I know they have to take the time to get recording down and they want to make sure its done right and it could take weeks on end to do a lot of editing. It's a challenge."

i completely understand, in fact, once a month is better then none, which most games do, they tell you they're making a game, but don't show almost anything!
it's just that I'M SO EXCITED!!!"

These aren't spielberg films. At most they take 2-3 days. One for filming and other for editing.

The reason there's a 2 month gap between the videos is because they need time to develop content to report on. ...and there isn't much left to report on.
They already went over Peeps- flat rides (custom intensity etc.)- modular building- landscaping; So all that's left for them to show off is their roller coaster designer.
So...October Peeps/Flat Rides
December Landscaping/Scenery
February Roller Coasters
March- Alpha/Beta/Etc Release

Milkman said:
These aren't spielberg films. At most they take 2-3 days. One for filming and other for editing.

The reason there's a 2 month gap between the videos is because they need time to develop content to report on. ...and there isn't much left to report on.
They already went over Peeps- flat rides (custom intensity etc.)- modular building- landscaping; So all that's left for them to show off is their roller coaster designer.
So...October Peeps/Flat Rides
December Landscaping/Scenery
February Roller Coasters
March- Alpha/Beta/Etc Release

Hmm, well yes. But what happens when you have to record footage over 2-3 weeks or so as things are being made? This it may take another week to edit or even a few days. I know its not a Spielberg Film, but it also depends on other factors.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom