Development Update 1 - June

Your post prompted the phrase 'spaghetti code' to wander through my mind ;)

I was surprised there were no new ships at the Odd launch, but only because most major updates include them & not because of any expectation based on info FDev gave out. It probably would have been a good time to introduce a new SRV variant but again I wasn't expecting it based on FDev's info.

I think a lot of 'nice to have' stuff got left out of the Odd launch because of time constraints. The pointlessly revised ship outfitting UI is probably as good an indication as any what state anything left on the cutting room floor was in, that should have been dumped too & I sincerely hope someone in a position of authority at FDev has a moment of clarity & takes the best from both Odd & EDH rather than dumping all the Odd problems onto the rest of the game.

I think if FDev adds new ships or SRVs before the Odd console release & 'proper' launch of the PDLC on PC it will be an attempt to add value to what is otherwise a mediocre at best addition to the base game because they don't want to acknowledge that Odd content just isn't worth the money even if it worked as they intended.
In my opinion, for a game about space would be logical to make a spacesuit to go into space.

So if new ships and/or SRVs arrive, what would that mean regarding "no plans"?

I imagine it would mean that they had developed them to a certain level during Odyssey development, but realised how bad the rest of the DLC was and dropped development of them to concentrate on the rest of the DLC, only to still force the release too early and then take a major backlash over both the state of the release and the fact that there were no new ships or SRVs and no ship interiors, so they've now picked up development of said ships and SRVs again to placate the masses. I'm not holding my breath though to be honest... I suspect there may be an SRV that was almost developed and they decided during the Alpha to cut it, because everyone universally hated the new SRV Driving model, but ships I think are a non starter to be honest and if the only thing they're contemplating is a Panther Clipper, that's very very sad.

Regarding connectivity, may I suggest you and your friend give a look to the port forwarding thread?

If done properly it should improve your connectivity significantly. Any questions or doubts, post in there and we ll try to help.
Thanks for this information this will truly help - We've both logged this issue in the tracker but haven't heard anything back as I'm sure they've got a lot on.

We have suffered a lot from physical multicrew in generally crashing his machine out to desktop, which I think goes beyond port forwarding but could help in other occasions where the team is disbanded etc "Leaving Team" bug. We've tried numerous times to get him out of that system, he gets in my ship, I take off, Jump to the next system and 9/10 he disconnects/crashes to desktop. The furthest we made it after 45 minutes of attempts was 3 Jumps out of the 4 we needed.

I will pass this onto him and look at implementing this too to see if it helps.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for this information this will truly help - We've both logged this issue in the tracker but haven't heard anything back as I'm sure they've got a lot on.

We have suffered a lot from physical multicrew in generally crashing his machine out to desktop, which I think goes beyond port forwarding but could help in other occasions where the team is disbanded etc "Leaving Team" bug. We've tried numerous times to get him out of that system, he gets in my ship, I take off, Jump to the next system and 9/10 he disconnects/crashes to desktop. The furthest we made it after 45 minutes of attempts was 3 Jumps out of the 4 we needed.

I will pass this onto him and look at implementing this too to see if it helps.
I d suggest you both try it, not just him. The more players in a team that do it the better the experience. If you need any help just post in that thread.

Dr Kay Ross said in her stream their planet tech was incapable of doing caves and overhangs (whether by water or lava), and if this planet tech is the big upgrade from Horizons for the forseeable future then I'm guessing liquid (water, lava, ammonia) based worlds aren't even on the long term roadmap.
Would be nice to see weather effects, storms, dust clouds, distance fog, depth of field, wind affecting character movement, physical changes to skins in cold temperatures etc

If you haven't seen this... It's a must watch fan creation
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUR7m3aBC8

Would be nice to see weather effects, storms, dust clouds, distance fog, depth of field, wind affecting character movement, physical changes to skins in cold temperatures etc

If you haven't seen this... It's a must watch fan creation
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUR7m3aBC8
That's a really cool video and looks good. Here's the Thing. That in itself would have to be a separate DLC due to the sheer amount of work to optimise the game for all the commanders who own and play ED, plus you have to take into consideration all the new assets that would need to be created for it. I can see it coming but won't be likely until ELW are added to the game as land able. Which according to the current sentiment of the vocal minority in the community is never as the game is "Dead".

Is it possible for Frontier to do developer diaries properly?

Apparently it is possible.

That's a really cool video and looks good. Here's the Thing. That in itself would have to be a separate DLC due to the sheer amount of work to optimise the game for all the commanders who own and play ED, plus you have to take into consideration all the new assets that would need to be created for it. I can see it coming but won't be likely until ELW are added to the game as land able. Which according to the current sentiment of the vocal minority in the community is never as the game is "Dead".
Full atmo bit non ELW would be a logical intermediate step. Weather, flight model and such but not dense life.

Top Bottom