Development Update 5 - October

Positive signs from low-end hardware (after deleting graphics folder)
Confirmed here too, i get around 30fps average while on foot (CZ)
BUT I get crashes, game just freezes, and closes ...
not often, crashed twice in 4 hours while on foot CZ. (10~ med CZ with relog to restart)

So... we're getting updates 9 AND 10 still this year? What a pleasant surprise.

Since FC interiors are after 9 but the tour is scheduled for December.
Just because we get a tour of the build in development doesn't mean it'll be ready for release this year, I'm afraid. Although I certainly won't complain if it is.

Just because we get a tour of the build in development doesn't mean it'll be ready for release this year, I'm afraid. Although I certainly won't complain if it is.
Yeah, I've realized it's most likely a sneak peek on stream. I somehow thought of a small expedition when I read "FC tour".

Whichever Update FC interiors are in, I'm just happy they're on the way. I'm all good with the new Frontier and teaser images/hints/etc.

It's nice to see, via the emotes, that even the furniture NPCs in concourses have names. Maybe we'll get to talk to them some day.

Someone should track down the original Peter the Sleeper - if he even made it into the live game - and see what his name actually is.

nice to see this lineup -- I hope this means that things are clearing up on the bugfixing and optimization side, and the team is getting more room to move forward with planned content. the halloween cosmetics were a nice surprise, especially for the sake of an Odyssey-compatible helmet with an opaque faceplate. I feel like I've seen some NPCs cropping up with new cosmetic models as well since the update, and I hope this is a sign that our fashion options are going to continue getting incrementally deeper.

About that FC bridge, since it shows the flight deck, we're looking backwards aren't we?

The bridge tower is at the back of the carrier on mine (default layout). Therefore it looks over the landing pads to the front of the carrier.

The other day I took a couple of pics of the bridge structure so I can compare them later, when we get actual usable windows

20211031182633_1.jpg
20211031182643_1.jpg
20211031182655_1.jpg

Shot from the rear of the carrier, looking past the bridge to the landing pads and the nose (in the darkness)

20211104022749_1.jpg

Last edited:
Can you quote the people you are disagreeing with? Nobody says the number of star systems is causing issues AFAIK.
Nah but there is quiet a few people who say you cannot compare ground performance to other current games due to the size or smth. Then again AC odyssey and ACV maps are larger at better graphics and better performance with more active interactions etc

Nah but there is quiet a few people who say you cannot compare ground performance to other current games due to the size or smth. Then again AC odyssey and ACV maps are larger at better graphics and better performance with more active interactions etc
I think you are misunderstanding what those other people are saying. You cannot compare EDO with AC, but not because of the number of stars. It's a long, long talk about many basic topics, so I am going to leave it at that. :)

This! It would be lovely to park my T9 outside a station with small/medium pads and fly in and land with a taipan. Taking/completing Missions, stocking up on supplies, or simply to hang out.

Cheers
DZ
having SLFs treated as 'landing craft' under certain situations sounds pretty fun. especially for on-foot stuff, where finding a decent spot to make landfall with something the size of the ISS might be difficult.

Regarding the multi-limpet controller and rebalancing, please add Class 2 and Class 4 ordinary limpet controllers (so there's class 1-5 limpet controllers) and give them limpets equal to their class number (increasing class 3 from 2 to 3 and class 5 from 3 to 5). I've always thought it's ridiculous that a controller 32 times more massive only gets three times more limpets.

Then add multi-limpet controllers for class 3, 4 and 5, with a class 3 having 2 limpets, a class 4 having 3 limpets and a class 5 having 4 limpets. For the multi-limpet controller, allow the specific limpet types to be chosen in the station.

This balances multi-limpet vs single-limpet controllers and gives a well deserved buff to the larger single limpet controllers.

As a reminder... (Yes, I insist !)

These are only some of the 2021 ones :

And here you can see such a feature has been requested each year since 2015 :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/an-odyssey-with-cockpit-npc-crew-on-my-side.559657/

Why would Frontier shoot themselves in the foot by requiring the whole DSSA fleet to return to the bubble… they wouldn’t be that short-sighted to not know how Commanders use their carriers would they? Surely, they wouldn‘t expect everyone to fly to the same few outfitting dockyards, causing instance game crashing again…

would they?

That's what I thought about the Artemis suit and players like myself near Beagle Point by the time Odyssey came out. It's now about 5-6 months later and I've still not been able to start any exobiology, since I'm crawling towards SagA/Colonia, taking a roundabout route (which is of course my choice) - at this rate I might be able to get a different suit maybe a year from now and start looking at this exobiology thing... And yes, I could have moved faster had I spent more time in the game and taken a shorter route and not scanning and exploring on the way etc. so in some ways it's my own doing, but still it would have been nice to be able to get (buy) a suit like that from a DSSA carrier, if not receive one off the bat on release.

But anyway, I like the update ideas even though most of those are not for me (multi-limpet controller could be though!), nice to see progress happening!

Why would Frontier shoot themselves in the foot by requiring the whole DSSA fleet to return to the bubble… they wouldn’t be that short-sighted to not know how Commanders use their carriers would they? Surely, they wouldn‘t expect everyone to fly to the same few outfitting dockyards, causing instance game crashing again…

would they?
I think Frontier needs to start considering implementing the ability to place remote orders at previously visited stations. So you can buy and ship the item, Ah la Amazon or Fedex style of interaction.

Course for FCs they would need the services to be modules that someone can store and install/Uninstall outside of carrier admin systems.

Top Bottom