Ships Diamond Back Weapons

Hi All,

So with the two new Images the speculation has been that the Diamondback holds two medium and two small weapon hardpoints...

I cant believe that though: Combat Explorer...

If this was the case it had worse weapons than the ASP... how would it be a combat focused Explorer unless it would beat the asp by a lot of jumprange....
In Fact 2 medium and 2 small is the exact same weapons the COBRA has... and Cobra has Long jumprange too...

I think we are missing something here... maybe a large hardpoint somewhere? Or maybe ist two large and 2 medium rather than 2 medium/2small?

I just wont believe ist the same weapons Setup of the COBRA...

CMDR Dread Lord

Jump-range.

It needs at the very least a 45LY + range, unless FD drops the ball completely.......again........as they did with the Bounty Hunter that manages to get out-jumped by a pimped-up flea lol :D

It would at the very least need to beat the T6 in range, otherwise people will just keep using the T6 to explore. If it does not beat the asp, it's kind of a waste of art assets, because it is very easy to afford an asp.

Last edited:
If it has a 45 lyrics jump rane, I'm turning my anaconda around, high tailing it for 4kly to get home, and grabbing one. My current conda has a 37 ly range (over my previous 27 ly armed conda buikd) and Im amazed at how much quicker tha t really is... 45 ly stock, stripped with a massive fsd, maybe 50 lys, amazing .

But i too will be prepared to be dissapointed.

Last edited:
I really hope it's not got 2 med 2 small. I know that's what it looks like. But the viper and cobra already have that loadout and its really stale. I'd like to be able to find some new loadouts to have fun with.

2 medium 2 small
around 20-25 jump range
everything else worst than cobra

this ship has the size of a hauler, don't expect any miracle

Last edited:
A cobra with 20-25 jump range would be a worthless addition to the lineup, and a waste of art assets. It would be like an adder gained an extra hardpoint, what is even the point?

Last edited:
Guys... it's a long range Viper. I don't think that she will be able to jump more than 25 LYs, 30 LYs at most, and that's without the weapons of course.

ok lol xD maybe she had one on the back

xD hehe...

But seriously; if it's a 2xSmall 2xMed HPs with decent jump range, then isn't that just a cobra? It has to be meaningfully different and I'm not sure just having a bit more jump range (if it does) is enough.

If the weapons are as bad as the Cobra, then the only way to call it a combat ship would be if it had strong shields and high maneuverability.

If it's really the size of a Hauler, it'll capable of a fairly long jump range. When I leave a ship behind somewhere and want to go back, or when I want to make a ship purchase somewhere fairly far away, I build a stripped down Hauler with an A FSD and A fuel scoop and head on out. That configuration gets you over 30LY(32, if memory serves). It'll go even higher if you leave the scoop at home, or put on a smaller one, but frankly it's a nice jump distance with that sized scoop since it'll top off the tank in the time it takes to line up toward your next jump point. Now think about how long that jump range would be with the next class FSD available and you're pushing well into the 40ly plus range.

The only problem is that it gets this distance only because it doesn't weigh anything. The actual FSD is really small, and adding any tonnage at all drops it like a stone---filling the paltry cargo bays knocks it nearly in half, even.

So while I'm a bit dubious about its combat status, yeah, it wouldn't take much to make it a jump range machine from a small pad.

Top Bottom