Parks Diamond Park

EDIT: January 22, 2022 - Park is COMPLETE :D

Be sure to download the Drobox files prior to opening the park. The mp3 files need to go in Documents > Frontier > Planet Coaster > UserMusic and the image files in UserMedia

My most recent post has some finalized images :)
---

Hi all! This is my first post to the forums.

I've been in love with PC and its similar RCT games in the past. It's about time I got on here to share some of my work!

WORK IN PROGRESS!
Diamond park is a family's dream destination, minutes from the city.

note: I haven't used any community blueprints. 100% of the land is painted with Vindico's paintbrush. :)
Untitled-1Artboard 4.jpg

The park's design starts with a symmetrical grid, and later breaks off into asymmetrical paths and destinations.
Untitled-1Artboard 9.jpg

Untitled-1Artboard 7.jpg

Untitled-1Artboard 8.jpg

I've made my way to the back side of the park, which will be dominantly Western-themed.

Untitled-1Artboard 1.jpg

Untitled-1Artboard 5.jpg

Untitled-1Artboard 3.jpg

Untitled-1Artboard 6.jpg

Untitled-1Artboard 2.jpg

Let me know your feedback! Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks so much :)

Jared
(Vindico)

Last edited:
So much to digest :)
  • Clever color scheme of the giant Ferris wheel. Goes well together with the diamond-themed plaza
  • Noticed the roller coaster's (The Mill?) loop & Ferris wheel's eye to create a double-loop visual. Nice.
  • Great work with the western styled buildings. They have that realistic simplicity that captures the architectural style well.
  • I think the coaster is called "The Mill", and if so; great work on using the loop to capture the water wheel's imagery and implementing it into a striking visual that doubles as the highlight of the ride. (y)
  • The swinging inverted ride (5th pic) is nestled nicely in that area. Blends in perfectly. Reminds me of a bull pen, which fits the theme.
  • Side-bar - I love the bell tower.

Thanks so much Platinum! So "The Mill" is this guy:
Untitled-1Artboard 12.jpg
Untitled-1Artboard 10.jpg

The coaster itself is called "Crosswinds" and Has 3 buildings that associate with it.
Untitled-1Artboard 11.jpg

Thanks again for your feedback. That really means a lot!

So much to digest :)
  • Clever color scheme of the giant Ferris wheel. Goes well together with the diamond-themed plaza
  • Noticed the roller coaster's (The Mill?) loop & Ferris wheel's eye to create a double-loop visual. Nice.
  • Great work with the western styled buildings. They have that realistic simplicity that captures the architectural style well.
  • I think the coaster is called "The Mill", and if so; great work on using the loop to capture the water wheel's imagery and implementing it into a striking visual that doubles as the highlight of the ride. (y)
  • The swinging inverted ride (5th pic) is nestled nicely in that area. Blends in perfectly. Reminds me of a bull pen, which fits the theme.
  • Side-bar - I love the bell tower.

Hi everyone! Excited to share with you another update.

ImagesArtboard 1.jpg

I have been very focused on the past few days on improvements to the current state of my park rather than continuously building out rides and buildings.
The very front of the park has a refreshed entrance. It's one story tall instead of 2. It also has some custom lettering. Let me know what you think!
ImagesArtboard 2.jpg

I also added in some extra landscaping to the hills in specific areas, along with getting the new signage up in front of the coaster. Waterfall will definitely be getting placed in before the park is finished! Not to worry.
ImagesArtboard 3.jpg

I thought it would be cool to tailor one of the Western Area entry/exits with a train wreck :p
ImagesArtboard 4.jpg

And finally, a map of its most current state.
ImagesArtboard 5.jpg

Summary of updates:
  • Redesigned park entrance, fits nicer with the surrounding buildings
  • Changed the park train ride to be a monorail for the first half of the park - as you can see it goes over the main entrance!
  • Train ride moved to Western Area only
  • Heavily considering a cave system to unite two parts of the park easier! Some advice on building these would be appreciated, as I didn't really notice that I should consider one till now.
  • Crosswinds (only coaster built so far) adjusted the banking with the assistance of BBP Games - (thank you!!!)
  • Added in LOTS of nighttime lighting. Still need to do more!
  • Added a train wreck entryway near the large river
  • Pathways built out for back of the Western Area.
  • All in all, looking to have 4-5 coasters total in the park. One in the center and at each built out sector of the park
  • Small ride added in to the right of the Ferris Wheel
  • Repainted in some more grass on the middle left of the map. Looking to clean up the definitive ends of the Western Area.
On a side note, I quickly realized when making this park, that I forgot to select Western Paint colors. Can't really revert that. Making the sand work... and to be fair that isn't uncommon in deserts!

Thank you all!

The custom lettering is a nice touch and captures the essence of "diamond" well. Crosswinds near-miss with the flying carousel is interesting, a nice balance of mild & high thrills interacting. Speaking of; I dig the rock entrance/tunnel for that ride, it blends in so well. The train wreck exit/entrance of the western area came out really well, I like the sense of unorthodox it gives to park goers. Will that be a section that has lots of high-thrill rides?

Also. In "Custom Scenario" you can load Diamond Park as custom scenario and there's an option to edit the biome & terrain paints. Note: take a screenshot of the pallet you currently have to know the one's you want to change. Once you change them the game will automatically re-paint the terrain to the new textures.

Last edited:
The custom lettering is a nice touch and captures the essence of "diamond" well. Crosswinds near-miss with the flying carousel is interesting, a nice balance of mild & high thrills interacting. Speaking of; I dig the rock entrance/tunnel for that ride, it blends in so well. The train wreck exit/entrance of the western area came out really well, I like the sense of unorthodox it gives to park goers. Will that be a section that has lots of high-thrill rides?

Also. In "Custom Scenario" you can load Diamond Park as custom scenario and there's an option to edit the biome & terrain paints. Note: take a screenshot of the pallet you currently have to know the one's you want to change. Once you change them the game will automatically re-paint the terrain to the new textures.

Thanks for the tip! I may mess with that. I also appreciate that you notice the details :)
And yes, likely the case!

Hi all, new announcement. I apologize for no updates for a while.
Long story short, the park is COMPLETE :D
Be sure to download the Drobox files prior to opening the park. The mp3 files need to go in Documents > Frontier > Planet Coaster > UserMusic and the image files in UserMedia

Here's a bunch of photos:
2022_January_Diamond-Park_RFS-46_edit.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-01.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-02.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-06.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-13.jpg
2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-08.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-10.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-47.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-18.jpg

2022_January_Diamond Park_RFS-25.jpg

List of things done since last post:
  • Reworked pathways throughout map
  • Established volcano and eternal ruins theming
  • Final storyline - find on steam link description
  • Designed custom Reshade filter for the park - works for all times of day
  • Custom map made for park
  • Implementation of audio
  • Reworked city concept to be an eternal ruins concept for park
  • Special effects of lava and waterfalls
  • Various building skins and facades throughout park - will be uploading some of these as blueprints to Steam.
I'll add some additional photos to another post below!

Cheers and enjoy!
Vindico

Top Bottom