Ships Diamondback Explorer Owners Club

Actually the ADC is as fast or faster than me, with the added bonus of no problems on the way in and out of a station, only time it will take longer is if there is a cue (npcs leaving).
The videos ive seen on the supercruise so far, its far faster than human control. ;)

Only faster than afk control :p

If you know how to utilise the so called 'loop of shame' you can shave loads of time off a SC approach....

After seing some videos today im fitting the SC one too, it seens to me it will be a time saver in the long voyages when mapping.

Unless FDev have introduced some form of assist cheat mechanics it shouldn't be able to do anything faster than an active pilot would be able to do.

Unless FDev have introduced some form of assist cheat mechanics it shouldn't be able to do anything faster than an active pilot would be able to do.

It is faster using to go to a planet to map it then in manual mode, also to a station, tested it and it really is, also it takes most of the stress and boredom to be ajusting to make the correct aproach, in a system with 20+ bodies its a welcome adition.

It is faster using to go to a planet to map it then in manual mode, also to a station, tested it and it really is, also it takes most of the stress and boredom to be ajusting to make the correct aproach, in a system with 20+ bodies its a welcome adition.

But doesn't the SC assist just put you in the blue zone for the entire trip? No way is that faster to get to your target...

But doesn't the SC assist just put you in the blue zone for the entire trip? No way is that faster to get to your target...
No! U putt to activate but it goes to full speed and throttles down to the correct speed to drop off and gets u in the zone quick. Example u select a moon 2k from u, it will accelerate u to max speed u can go and decreases speed as u get near so u come out at the correct spot everytime with little effort, if u are gonna map u just assume control and throttle down when u reach the distance to do it, them u just pick the new target and repeat the process, saves alot of time! Only downside is u can only activate via the menu on key 1, doesn't have a key for it, would be nice if it had.

Last edited:
No! U putt to activate but it goes to full speed and throttles down to the correct speed to drop off and gets u in the zone quick. Example u select a moon 2k from u, it will accelerate u to max speed u can go and decreases speed as u get near so u come out at the correct spot everytime with little effort, if u are gonna map u just assume control and throttle down when u reach the distance to do it, them u just pick the new target and repeat the process, saves alot of time! Only downside is u can only activate via the menu on key 1, doesn't have a key for it, would be nice if it had.

Hmm that's different to the reports I've seen. It only sat in the blue zone for friends... ah well I'll still take the extra slots over it personally :D

DBE with 8 internals is SWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!

I've been planning an exploration ship for my second commander, hoping to fly something different, and I'm amazed by how much the DBX is improved by its two new slots.

It's just one slot short of carrying everything my Phantom can carry while jumping slightly farther. My only worry is that it's a little fragile, so I don't think I'd downrate the shields the way I normally would. But it's looking like a really capable exploration ship now. Nice!

I've been planning an exploration ship for my second commander, hoping to fly something different, and I'm amazed by how much the DBX is improved by its two new slots.

It's just one slot short of carrying everything my Phantom can carry while jumping slightly farther. My only worry is that it's a little fragile, so I don't think I'd downrate the shields the way I normally would. But it's looking like a really capable exploration ship now. Nice!

Only part where it still lacks is in the fuel scoop, if it had one of its class 4 changed to a class 5, then it would be perfect, that is the only thing that still leaves it wanting...

I flew mine for a bit for old times sack and also to see it with the 2 slots added, ended up switching to the ASPX... Wich im flying now and fits the bill for me since doesnt have the drawbacks the DBX has sadly.

Only part where it still lacks is in the fuel scoop, if it had one of its class 4 changed to a class 5, then it would be perfect, that is the only thing that still leaves it wanting...

I flew mine for a bit for old times sack and also to see it with the 2 slots added, ended up switching to the ASPX... Wich im flying now and fits the bill for me since doesnt have the drawbacks the DBX has sadly.

The AspX is a great ship; my first commander flew one for a long time. And the 6A fuel scoop on my Phantom is a thing of wonder and beauty :). But my two commanders each have my own taste in ships, somehow, so they spend a little too much time in the same cockpits. I'm really leaning toward the DBX for variety, and as a good choice for a commander who isn't a full-time explorer.

The AspX is a great ship; my first commander flew one for a long time. And the 6A fuel scoop on my Phantom is a thing of wonder and beauty :). But my two commanders each have my own taste in ships, somehow, so they spend a little too much time in the same cockpits. I'm really leaning toward the DBX for variety, and as a good choice for a commander who isn't a full-time explorer.

Went the other route...

I come from extensive use of the Krait Phantom, and ended now in the ASPX and funny enough its the 1st time i feel at home exploration wise, its the ship for me, no dought about it!

I ran atm the Federal Dropship as my "courier" ship, and the Federal Corvette as my PVE build.

When i get the credits for it, i will rebuy and set the Python for passanger runs, the T10 for trade and the Anaconda for mining...
At least this is my game plan for now.

It’s a great ship, i had a whale of a time at Jamesons a while back, someone tring to ram me in the no fire zone in a corvette.

He got me twice i think, first time by suprise and i took a tiny big of hull damage, second time was as i was tormenting him, didnt take out my shields.

He got bored way quicker than me, twas highly entertaining boosting past his nose repeatedly!

o7

ggyb3bs1t6921.png

It was already a wonderful little ship to explore in, the only thing that even remotely held it back was its lack of internal slots compared to other explorers - then they made the ADS no longer need a slot, and then they gave it two more slots, and it really has no downside now. Loving it.

I repurposed mine, now its my go to ship for courier missions in the bubble, and will use it for the imperial grind that i havent done yet.

The combination of integrating the advanced discovery scanner + 2 small slots have really made this a very good explorer. While the Krait Mk II is now my favourite ship to go exploring in, it has always been the DBX that has really taken me to the extremes of the galaxy.

I'm quite pleased that I managed to free up a size-3 slot on the DBX allowing me to equip the smallest business class passenger module (3D with 3 passengers), or 8T of cargo. So this is my new DBX (bought again from Hamilton Gateway for that 20% discount):

Coriolis link: "Negentropy"
N3J4hnW.png
70.25Ly maximum isn't likely to impress any explorer with the bare essentials on-board, but I wanted to give it a bit more toughness (as I do for all of my ships), and I think that the 1D HRP, the 4D Shields (as opposed to size 3 shields), and 2x0E Shield boosters help there.

It's been configured as a material gatherer, which explains the Wake scanning module (DWE's), and I used the Point defence to help me out when I was gathering Guardian Blue Prints.

It is also why I have downsized the fuel tank to 16T, as I wanted to keep the amount of distance it could cover at a minimum quite high (I think this may mean it excludes this ship from reaching the highest point (or one of the highest points) on the galaxy, since last time I took the DBX out to the core with a 16T fuel tank, I was unable to reach this point not because of a lack of jump range, but because there simply wasn't enough fuel to get me there with so many Neutron star jumps between refills....so there are cases where a bigger fuel tank can take you places).

In any case, I'm pretty impressed with the DBX now; 8 slots gives it a lot more room to breath.

So now that the DBE has 8 internals and the FSS (I keep reading that as the scanner!) is a standard module on each ship now. How are people finding it for fully exploration duties? Or any other duties for that matter!

So now that the DBE has 8 internals and the FSS (I keep reading that as the what are you doing scanner!) is a standard module on each ship now. How are people finding it for fully exploration duties?

My second commander is flying a DBX as his exploration ship and I really enjoy it. It's nearly as capable as a Phantom in the same role and it boosts like crazy.
The biggest complaint people have about it is the size of its fuel scoop. This doesn't really trouble me because I top up the tank as I go; the only time it runs low is when I pass through a long series of non-scoopable stars.
My only concern is that its hull integrity is lower than you get with the larger ships. I've engineered it with Heavy Duty to improve that, and I carry a repair limpet controller just in case. But then I do the same thing with my Phantom.

I love the engine sound. It's like a piece of industrial equipment that's operating just a little beyond its specs. And that sound reminds me of the salvage ship from Farscape whose boiler ran on old dolls and garbage, with some part inside the engine you had to rub vigorously to get it started. Good times!

I use my DBX, the "Running Gag", mainly as a Bubble-Taxi and for Mats gathering. I love that versatile little ship.
While waiting for a ship to being transfered, she can handle almost any kind of job. And in combat she punches well over her weight.

Top Bottom