Ships Diamondback Explorer Owners Club

I have to respect the explorer that incorporates weapons into their build. Will you need them? Probably not right up until the moment you do and don't have 'em.
Haha, yeah I still like to kick some simpleton NPC pirates' bottoms if they decide to try interdict me.

As they say: Pictures, or it didn't happen...

I have emptied my fuel tank. At 17:53:00 I moved to a fuel scooping position...

View attachment 183122

At 17:53:32 I'm still scooping at the rate 343unites/s, temp steady at 65%...

View attachment 183124

At 17:54:03 still scooping at the same rate, temp still steady, over half of the fuel tank filled...

View attachment 183125

Still scooping, still steady...

View attachment 183126

At 17:54:32 I'm done refuelling, temp steady at 65%... free to go now... Took me 1 minute 32 seconds to refuel...

View attachment 183123

Cheeers! :cool:
So just to confirm in your case, you do switch off some modules while fuel scooping right?

So just to confirm in your case, you do switch off some modules while fuel scooping right?

I have them switched off all the time... I only switch them on when I need them: like Advanced Docking Computer, weapons, AFMU, Point Defence, Heat sink launcher etc... I keep the power distributor and shields on, although you mostly only need them to land on a station or a planet...

I have them switched off all the time... I only switch them on when I need them: like Advanced Docking Computer, weapons, AFMU, Point Defence, Heat sink launcher etc... I keep the power distributor and shields on, although you mostly only need them to land on a station or a planet...
Cheers mate. Will give it a try myself. o7

359320_20200926084459_1.jpg

My DBX is the only ship that really feels like home to me. I've taken Buggy across the galaxy, it looks fantastic, can land anywhere, has great handling and fantastic range, allowing me to explore almost anywhere I want, like far above the galactic plane in the above image.

It was the ship I discovered my first ELW in, the first ship to take me to Sgr A*, the first ship to take me to Colonia, and even after engineering other vessels, I keep coming back.

359320_20200424143123_1.jpg

Buggy travelling the fast way.

359320_20200830000711_1.jpg

Buggy on the job.

Last edited:
359320_20201113193628_1.jpg
359320_20201113193734_1.jpg
359320_20201113200006_1.jpg

Just pulled back into Sagittarius A* in my DBX Buggy. Flying about in the core and the denser regions of the galaxy in a DBX has a certain air of familiarity to it.
Although I like many of my other ships (notably my sidewinder!), there's something especially fun about utilising a utilitarian ship right to the brink of it's capabilities.
I have applied a fresh coat of paint and will be heading out to the DSSA Callisto to meet some folks, then onwards further than I've ever travelled away from Sol.

359320_20200423165019_1.jpg

Buggy at Sagittarius A* 204 days ago, very soon after being purchased.

as i enjoy seeing DBEs here, i thought i share three of mine with builds ...

KAIKO3000II - 2nd iteration of the same DBE i'm flying since several years on my main account out exploring.

Currently in salvage blue...
yjpocCn.png
usually in graphite:
u6wTPC0.jpg
build:

after 4 years or so i changed from 4A to 4D thrusters and from a 3D to 2D power distributor.
the fueldumping PA with plasma slug is outdated now, a class 1 railgun would dumb as much fuel per shot.

Calliope - my bubble cmdrs runaround. capable to win a high CZ just so, getting bounties whether for BGS or a CG, or travelling between spots.
Paintjob Polarity Blue:
cGT6PF6.png
build:

that jumprange on a combat capable ship! straightline speed is great, and putting corrosive on the large MC means all ammo will be spent the same moment.

Neaira - my Private Courier- and Military Convoy thief (and megaships and installations, once that is fixed). i have detailed the coldrunning/silentrunning approach to it here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/questions-for-experienced-salvagers.549271/post-8574426
Paintjob Azure:
hlVvDh6.png
build: https://s.orbis.zone/aq9B

the fragment cannon turrets with screening shell are in there for RP purposes, because if done right no missile will be fired on you stealing AI relicts...

Calliope - my bubble cmdrs runaround. capable to win a high CZ just so, getting bounties whether for BGS or a CG, or travelling between spots.
Paintjob Polarity Blue:
cGT6PF6.png
build:

that jumprange on a combat capable ship! straightline speed is great, and putting corrosive on the large MC means all ammo will be spent the same moment.

Wow, you must be a much better combat pilot than me to be able to fly that DBX of yours in a high CZ. Mine I can only take on lowly un-engineered NPC enemies.

https://s.orbis.zone/ardI

Wow, you must be a much better combat pilot than me to be able to fly that DBX of yours in a high CZ. Mine I can only take on lowly un-engineered NPC enemies.

https://s.orbis.zone/ardI
nah, i'm not that good, it's just:
1. i'm used to do CZ in small ships (eagle, cobra), so i fly tactical (using a friendly elite npc big buddy along to start a green wave)
2. my build is based on the extreme difference in speed and manouverability of a dbe flown with 4 pips to engine. so i have fitted 3 G5 multicannons with special effects for low distributor draw, and use a guardian shieldbooster ... in practic i'm most of the time flying 1-4-1 with that build. the DBE has ~60% of its maxspeed and manouverability with 0 pips to engines ... compare that to the ~90 of a vulture with 0 pips...

such an interesting ship the DBE :D

My DBX is my baby. Spent more time in the black with this than any other ship. It and the Anaconda are the only ships I know of which actually give you +60 LY jump range with reactive armor installed.

I actually have two now. One with reactive armor (G5 lightweight), a pair of Imperial Hammers and an incendiary multicannon which gets just over 60 LY jump range, suited to exploration and light combat; and a second one with lightweight armor (G5 heavy duty), a pair of pack hounds and a multicannon which gets just over 70 LY jump range courtesy of the FSD awarded in the recent Alliance community goal. I loved the first one too much to give it up and was inspired by the recently released paint jobs to try something with mirrored; had been under the impression it weighed a lot less thanks to a problem with the coriolis site and ended up swapping it for lightweight with a hull reinforcement to compensate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom