Different Rotation/Move Tool

This may have been suggested already and I'll certainly be embarrassed if it's already a feature and I'm blind as a bat but I digress. The current method of rotation is fine for most people but my hands are not that stable. I cannot move and rotate objects in a way that satisfies me by click and dragging with the mouse. I would love to see a GUI that allows me to rotate and move objects numerically. If I want an object rotated 63.762 degrees along the X-axis then I could easily do so by typing that number into a nifty little GUI. I've played games in the past that had this functionality and it was wonderful. If it could be added then this game... will probably get me fired from my job due to how much of my time it will be taking up at that point lol. Anyways, that's about it for my suggestion.

Sounds similar to my request, except in my case I asked for a "nudge" control - maybe + and - on the keypad for when the mouse has selected the axis and you j ust want to make the last fine adjustments. Each keypress will click it along by one minumum increment

That wouldn't be too bad either but it would still be nice to have a dedicated way of doing it. If it's relative to the world axis then I know for a fact with past experience with this system that you can rotate and move things more quickly than the current system with some practice. Honestly I think both features are really needed. More ways to build just means more people will be happy in the first place so it's not like there's a negative.

I'd be happy with key presses for moving stuff and number entry for angles/rotations.

Making fine movements is ludicrously annoying; the way objects stick to their current position until you move the mouse a decent distance is so infuriating when all you want to do is move a window box like one 'click' to the right.

Last edited:
+1 for numeric angles / rotation as well as the key presses for moving building parts.

On top of that i would like to see a few other things:

- move objects on two axis at once

- change the pivot roation and position of buildings

- mirror buildings on x and y axis

- building instances (if you delete a window from one building, it will be deleted for the instaces of that building as well, so you can change things later on)

- copy buildings (instances) along splines...with some parameters to setup. It would be awesome if you could build different 1x1 or 1x2 tiles big pieces of wall, so you can set them as straight wall, corner wall or an evenly distributed wall piece which appears every 4 tiles or so.

Hello,

Well, it looks like you've been heard.

Now when i want to rotate my objects with 'w' or 'x', there's only like 30 possible angles on the green wheel!
I mean, It wasn't a bad idea, but it's a big problem to me !
I started a huge structure with objects with precise angles that i can't find again ! How i'm supposed to do
Can i turn of this new feature ?

Thanks

Hello,

Well, it looks like you've been heard.

Now when i want to rotate my objects with 'w' or 'x', there's only like 30 possible angles on the green wheel!
I mean, It wasn't a bad idea, but it's a big problem to me !
I started a huge structure with objects with precise angles that i can't find again ! How i'm supposed to do
Can i turn of this new feature ?

Thanks

You can't turn off "angle snap/snap to angle"?
and if angle snap is on you should put "1" into the box, so you should be able to have 360 possible angles?!

You can't turn off "angle snap/snap to angle"?
and if angle snap is on you should put "1" into the box, so you should be able to have 360 possible angles?!

Yeah, he likely just had angle snap on. So we haven't been heard yet lol. I like your idea though for being able to type into the angle snap box. However I still feel that once you get down to really minute numbers (Pretty much anything below 1 or 2 degrees), then you might as well not have angle snap on at all anymore because it will basically feel like the current system again. There still needs to be a way to manually input the exact rotation you want; either via typing it in or with key presses once you get yourself close.

Last edited:
Yeah, he likely just had angle snap on. So we haven't been heard yet lol. I like your idea though for being able to type into the angle snap box. However I still feel that once you get down to really minute numbers (Pretty much anything below 1 or 2 degrees), then you might as well not have angle snap on at all anymore because it will basically feel like the current system again. There still needs to be a way to manually input the exact rotation you want; either via typing it in or with key presses once you get yourself close.

Yes I misunderstood OP [wacky]. Thanks !

As I wrote this above, I thought there is a box to type in the angle [wacky]
Well, would be really good to have a box to type in!
Also a big problem for me: angle snap = off = you can bend the track to your liking!
WHY is that NOT possible for the length of the track?
Especially wooden coaster has predefined track length what makes it nearly impossible to get two coasters together at some point of the ride!
In 99% of my project, one of the tracks is longer/shorter than the other one!

Last edited:
Top Bottom