Dinosaurs Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon is not a dinosaur, there are more dinosaurs to add before other prehistoric creatures.

I agree. I think that if they were to add any other creatures, apart from dinosaurs, I think they should stick to Mesozoic ones, such as pterosaurs and marine reptiles.

I agree. I think that if they were to add any other creatures, apart from dinosaurs, I think they should stick to Mesozoic ones, such as pterosaurs and marine reptiles.

Jesus Christ with the Marines already.
Why should they just stick with what you want? The Dimetrodon is one of the most reconizable prehistoric reptiles, so recognizable in fact the toys are almost always sold with dinosaurs, the same was pterosaurs. I'd love to see them, a long with other Quadrepedal Carnivores that would add a nice dynamic too the list of enclosures in the park...that isn't just a giant lagoon of marine reptiles that are seperate and unequal the the rest of the dinosaurs in your park.

I get the appeal..Mososaurus, and even more important in my opinion, a pleasiosaur, would be cool to see, but don't try and play favorites against something as recognizable as a Dimetrodon. Please and thank you.

Dimetrodon is not a dinosaur. It's not even a reptile. It's actually a stem-mammal that's more closely related to us than to dinosaurs.

It's a cool animal. But I'm not sure it would fit the game. Then again there is precedent in the franchise with Pterosaurs and the Mosasaur, neither of which are dinosaurs. So I suppose there's room for adding unrelated prehistoric animals. But I'd rather see the canon examples first before we see any other non-dinosaur, non-reptile additions.

Jesus Christ with the Marines already.
Why should they just stick with what you want? The Dimetrodon is one of the most reconizable prehistoric reptiles, so recognizable in fact the toys are almost always sold with dinosaurs, the same was pterosaurs. I'd love to see them, a long with other Quadrepedal Carnivores that would add a nice dynamic too the list of enclosures in the park...that isn't just a giant lagoon of marine reptiles that are seperate and unequal the the rest of the dinosaurs in your park.

I get the appeal..Mososaurus, and even more important in my opinion, a pleasiosaur, would be cool to see, but don't try and play favorites against something as recognizable as a Dimetrodon. Please and thank you.

Personally, I don't really care much if they do or don't add pterosaurs or marine reptiles. But, I understand that a lot of fans want them in the game because of their connections to the franchise, especially animals like Pteranodon and Cearadactylus which are canon species. Personally, I think they need to increase the diversity of dinosaur types before they start adding non-dinosaur species.

Also, just because it's recognisable doesn't necessarily mean it would fit in the game. I like Dimetrodon, it's an interesting species, and I like it just as much as any other prehistoric species. However, the Jurassic Park/World has focused on species, mainly dinosaurs, from the Mesozoic era, whilst Dimetrodon existed before the Mesozoic, so I don't think that it would fit (again, this is just my opinion).

As you said, the developers are the ones that will decide what they want in the game. They may want to add Dimetrodon and other Permian species to the game. And if that's what they decide, fair enough.

The only way that I can see Dimetrodon being added to JWE is if Frontier did something similar to what Telltale did with Troodon in JPTG; create a new subspecies specifically for the game. The backstory that Universal and Frontier could use is that a new subspecies of Dimetrodon was recently discovered, and what makes this particular animal very exciting is that it was shown to have lived in the Triassic period, the beginning of the reign of the dinosaurs.

Then again...

Dimetrodon is in JW:FK in the form of a stuffed prototype in the Lockwood manor museum. So it's canon that there was at least one Dimetrodon. Same goes for a few other animals that we don't see alive but are there as stuffed versions or as skeletons. The museum also has Kosmoceratops, Mononychus and Concavenator as well as Teratopheneus which is also visible as a recently dead dinosaur on Isla Nublar. So there are still a bunch of canon animals that aren't in the game.

Then again...

Dimetrodon is in JW:FK in the form of a stuffed prototype in the Lockwood manor museum. So it's canon that there was at least one Dimetrodon. Same goes for a few other animals that we don't see alive but are there as stuffed versions or as skeletons. The museum also has Kosmoceratops, Mononychus and Concavenator as well as Teratopheneus which is also visible as a recently dead dinosaur on Isla Nublar. So there are still a bunch of canon animals that aren't in the game.

This is what I think justifies it. Have a Lockwood manor DLC with the remaining dinos from the museum and Dimetrodon as a special cameo. I can't believe people are against this idea simply because it isnt a dinosaur when absolutely none of the creatures that would be aquatic or flying are dinosaurs either.

If we're going to get more terrestrial dinosaurs, which is highly likely a dimetrodon would be a cool addition. Yes, I'm aware that it isn't technically a dinosaur. That doesn't really matter, since the Jurassic Park series has included several non-dinosaurian creatures in the parks. The design of the dimetrodon is pretty unique.

Top Bottom