Dinosaur lures are one of the only features that were in JPOG that aren't in JWE. This has to change.
Dino Lures would be useful for bring dinosaurs where you want them to be in exhibits or lessening the death toll of an escape.
Carnivore lures would be unlocked on Isla Sorna by completing Security Division missions.
Herbivore lures would be unlocked on Isla Pena by doing Entertainment Division Missions.
Carnivores would be 5x more likely to fight each other when they are next to a Carnivore Lure. Carnivores would also fight to gain a position closer to the lure.
I hope you take my opinion into account and add this feature into the game.

EDIT: This has been added to the George Lambert DLC

Last edited:
You must know that the reason why Jurassic World Evolution doesn’t have any JP:OG nostalgia, despite having a couple of things in common, is because it and Frontier are not officially connected with that game.

But the lure idea itself would be something I can see being unlocked for the main campaign via major paid DLC expansion packs instead. Most things with major revolutionary gameplay you can utilize for your parks like this always seem like something ideal for a major DLC like what the previous two did. But whether or not it would be unlocked through a separate campaign before unlocking them again through the main campaign like Claire’s Sanctuary, or new main campaign maps like the Secrets of Dr. Wu is rather questionable, assuming lures would become a thing.

Last edited:
I don't see any need for this personally. It seems like it would break the game mechanics. It really does not fit with how the game works.

This game is also not a sequel to JPOG. So anything in that game is only as relevant as any other park builder can be for inspiration.

An idea should not be implemented in JWE solely on the basis that it was in JPOG. As others have already alluded to, JWE is supposed to be it's own game that can stand on its own. Despite this, I am intrigued about what you said about using them to lure dinosaurs away from a fence breach or back into an enclosure after an escape. However, it seems like it could prove to be overpowered, potentially preventing any and all escapes. How would you balance this?

An idea should not be implemented in JWE solely on the basis that it was in JPOG. As others have already alluded to, JWE is supposed to be it's own game that can stand on its own. Despite this, I am intrigued about what you said about using them to lure dinosaurs away from a fence breach or back into an enclosure after an escape. However, it seems like it could prove to be overpowered, potentially preventing any and all escapes. How would you balance this?
Especially since, from my experience playing JP:OG myself, the lure can constantly bring dinos to it with without giving them too much of a chance to keep themselves doing what ever it is they do to stay healthy if you don't use it correctly.

BTW, this is what community manager Paul_Crowther told me on an old dead thread of mine back in March:

They would be very late-game and expensive.

Also, it would have a very large range, so there's potential for other carnivores to break out just to get to the lure. Your carnivores could be killed by each other, making you spend more money to make new ones

Top Bottom