dinosaur and environment

Hello to all

Tell me, when you create an enclosure and you know which dinosaur you are going to put in, do you recreate the environment in which the animal lived or do you make a random biome?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

I have tried to do that in the past, but pretty soon lots of environments looks the same, seeing as it's the depositional environment, rather than the scope of their actual range.

Djadochta fm (basically just Velociraptor in game currently) is basically the only desert environment that I know of, where things were preserved in dunes.

The Morrison Fm is pretty well known for Fern Savannas and really not having many trees generally (amber is basically absent from the entire formation in reality)

Apart from that, the typical preservation sites are Flood Plains, River Deltas, Swamps & Shallow ocean.

Mountains are an example of something we'll likely never know of anything coming from them (the chances are high that we've already got at least something that's travelled downwards, but we'll likely never know for sure).

I like to mix and match.

Sometimes I want to ask what dinosaurs I would like to place in and make the environment based on my view of what the dinosaur would like in her original environment. So I would think of having a place for my struthiomimus flock and triceratops herd to wander around and graze, and I would make a hilly place with some trees here and there to have a more open look. Or a wetland environment for my taiga deinonychus, and make that environment in their exhibit first.

Other times, I would make the environment and think of the dinosaurs later. So I would make a large savannah landscape, then ask myself what dinosaurs would be there, Large apatosaurus? Carcharodontosaurus? Or styracosaurus alongside ouranosaurus?

My best bet is to not think about it too much, and just do whatever feels right.

Top Bottom