Dinosaur Behavior Observation Thread

I think it would be cool to have a thread where we jot down any unique behavioral observations we've encountered in the various species represented in the game. Could help us when deciding what mixture of dinosaurs to keep in our enclosures. For starters, I've observed from my Hadrosaur enclosure that all species will eventually act like a mega herd despite not belonging to the same species. I've been using Solitary gene modification to bring their social need minimum requirement to 1, and have 1 of each except for Muttaburrasaurus which will requires 3 at the lowest possible setting. They will all gather around the feeders on one side of the lake I've built for them with the exception of one, the Maiasaura! This fella not only lingers around on the opposite side of the enclosure and lake, but it refuses to eat from the same feeders as the "motley herd". It was even getting dangerously low on health due to not eating so I had to build a separate feeder for it, away from the other Hadrosaurs. Once the others start roaming around the enclosure it only then will mix among them but once they begin to gather around on one side, the Maiasaura again retreats to the opposite side.

Dinosaurs can't hunt/engage/fight each other in narrow spaces. Nor can they feed or drink in small areas where there are water/feeders too close to walls.

One time in Jurassic World Evolution 1 I saw a Tyrannosaurus following a Edmontosaurus i put in its enclosure and it would roar at it and get close but the Edmontosaurus would keep hiding in the trees away from the predator.

Top Bottom