Dinosaur breeding

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Breeding please. Please Frontier, add breeding to the game. It may take a while but there are many who would pay for this DLC. Not to mention that this would only be implemented for the normal species, because hybrids are sterile. Please Frontier, in jwe there are female dinosaurs, but there could be males for Sandbox mode where the life finds a way. Dr. Malcom warned that life cannot be restrained, it frees up, that is to create only female dinosaurs is not safe for long, some scientist can implement amphibious DNA in the dinosaurs again, would be a challenge. Moreover, reproduction could also be added in the challenge mode, because dealing with the population uncontrolled would be amazing!

Frontier said that they will not be adding breeding to the game.

I know, but if a lot of people ask who knows, they don't change their minds? I mean, just like aquatic and flying dinosaurs, I know many who want to breeding in the game, so anything can happen, we just have to wait

FRONTIER!!!!
I know the tradition in Jwe are female dinosaurs but I understand... but in the JP franchise there are male dinosaurs and breeding. As Jwe has elements of the JP franchise I believe that this idea can be valid for next year, perhaps end of 2020. Would you consider that, please?

Last edited:
Frankly I think the ongoing demand for breeding is stupid... even if they hadn't found out how to ensure all animals are female or prevent animals from changing genders after all this time, they've certainly found out how to neuter the animals... at this rate you may as well expect your neutered dog or cat to start breeding. The idea that animals would be capable of reproducing despite obvious effective methods to prevent it doesn't make any sense at all, no matter how many times Dr. Malcom insists "life finds a way" you can't breed if you have no reproductive organs...

Last edited:
They could add it without any substance to it at all and it would still make some people happy. After a few hours into a game just pop 3 or 4 extra dinosaurs into an enclosure... if you aren't paying attention it upsets the social or population requirements and you have a breakout. Then they could have some audio about life finding a way and you needing to stay on top of your park's exhibit populations. The end.

They could add it without any substance to it at all and it would still make some people happy. After a few hours into a game just pop 3 or 4 extra dinosaurs into an enclosure... if you aren't paying attention it upsets the social or population requirements and you have a breakout. Then they could have some audio about life finding a way and you needing to stay on top of your park's exhibit populations. The end.
Exactly, it would be more exciting and challenging leaving the game more engaging

So you can't tell at all, if the dinos were breeding. They just pop-up out of nowhere? That's the most silly thing I've heard regarding breeding...

Well, let's break down why people want breeding in the game.

- Enjoyment: Baby dinosaurs are damned cute.
- Aesthetics: Herds look more varied in size and shape, therefore more interesting.
- Immersion: Having a living ecosystem is more engaging and real.
- Convenience: Self-maintaining populations in the face of aging, animal combat and predators.
- Gameplay: Adds slightly more challenge to the population mechanic.

Your suggestion only really adresses the last two points. No cute babies, no improved aesthetics to your park, and having dinosaurs randomly pop out is not immersive at all. Furthermore, if you were to just adress those two points there would be a better way and more immersive way to do it, such as an automation upgrade for hatcheries.

I don't think it's the silliest suggestion of all time, but it's not a very good solution.

I'm still hoping for juvenile dinosaurs at some point. I do believe this may have been planned at some point, because of certain voice lines:

"I see you hatched a Triceratops, it may be cute now but that's only going to last about a week."

This quote makes NO sense in this game, as next week your Triceratops is going to look exactly the same. As such, I hope it's going to be included somewhere in the years of support this product will be getting.

Last edited:
So you can't tell at all, if the dinos were breeding. They just pop-up out of nowhere? That's the most silly thing I've heard regarding breeding...
It is obvious that dinosaurs can not emerge from nothing, it is necessary that they come to be born and grow, I confess that in addition to the sandbox mode, in the challenge mode, breeding would help a lot, because we could sell dinosaurs regularly

It's the easiest way to do it because they dont want to add it.. If you want a little more to it they could add the dino's sex to their info. If you stay on top of it by cycling through your species you could spot one that has become a male. Then a character breaks in and could be like "ugh... Did you notice something odd there? When did the dinosaurs switch from skirts to pants? Is that dinosaur a male now?" Dr wu breaks in frustrated " i thought we had fixed this issue? Lets sell this male before our population gets out of control. Not to mention i could do without dr malcolm hearing about this and going into another one of his chaos theory tirades."

Then you have a way to spot males and prevent it. If you dont you end up with more dinos. It's an easy way to add breeding without having to create babies and nests. They could even add dialog about not seeing nests and concluding they must be hiding them in the forested areas of the paddocks which is why we havent seen them. The dinos keep the adolescents in seclusion to protect their young. Then they can add in "clever girls"

they're hard pressed to give us more dino animations for models they already have. They're not gonna make juvenile models for over 50 species. We all would like juveniles and nests but we arent going to get that. But my suggestion is doable if they wanted to do that without tons of new character models.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom