Dinosaur happiness

Can you make the dinosaurs that aren't 100% content yellow on the map?
And when they reach their non-content state, make them red.

I have a pen of 20 dinosaurs, and one of them died - some of his friends got very upset and I didn't know about it until they started smashing down the fences trying to escape. It would be good to have advanced warning when dinos are getting upset.

Thanks.

Last edited:
they should give map filter options you can cycle through. keep the way it is now as the default. dino type will color herbivores green and carnivores red, and status would color them based on their comfort.

Well, you can tell something is wrong when Welfare Penalty starts going up.
But finding which dinosaur is upset when you have hundreds of the little blighters is a nightmare.

Just check what dino died before you get rid of it and see if it affects the others already. If their social need isn't met anymore their comfort level drops right away, so simply go make a new one right away and nothing happens. I always do that and never had any problems because of dinos dying...well, except when the incubation takes ages and the level is down before the new one can be released.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I have a pen of 20 dinosaurs, and one of them died - some of his friends got very upset and I didn't know about it until they started smashing down the fences trying to escape. It would be good to have advanced warning when dinos are getting upset.

Didn't you get a warning saying a dinosaur had died?

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Yeah and I airlifted the dinosaur. But it's more to do with the effect of his death on his 19 friends.
Sorry, that's on me then for misreading your post. Somehow I thought the dino was just lying there dead 😓

Opening the map and using the list on the left side of the screen (click >>) should let you quickly check dino happiness and health.

Thanks for letting me know about the side bar, but there's nothing on the side bar to let you know dinos are unhappy.
JWE_SomethingIsWrong.jpg

She got a nice goat to eat afterwards.
JWE_SheGotSomeGoat.jpg

You can clearly see the dinosaur is unhappy on this photo. Her comfort is in the red zone. That means she's unhappy. I don't really follow this post at all.
yes, that's because i purposefully made her unhappy to show that the left bar doesn't help with that.
My problem is; when I get close to 50-100 dinosaurs - keeping track of comfort gets unmanagable.

I do think an icon indicator next to the dinosaur listing on the map would help. Like a small red "!" icon next to the angry dinosaur name would work. Signifying that the dinosaur is uncomfortable.

The game does have the idea of the player not knowing what is wrong until it is too late, which is something I enjoy. Still, like how @Becky mentions, in larger parks where we have a lot of dinosaurs, it will be hard to notice which dinosaur is getting upset. I do think having an indication of which dinosaurs are unhappy from the dinosaur list would definitely help and not be game breaking, as that indication would occur only when they are upset and in the red. Like how unhealthy dinosaurs are in the red from maps, an indicator for uncontrollable dinosaurs would help get to them asap before they attempt to breakout. Great for regaining order and control after a storm hits the park.

However, an unhappy dinosaur should remain subtle, and not show up as the top red icon similar to storms, diseases, and death. That way we still have to monitor our dinosaurs and make sure all is well.

I can see it would be helpful, if you have a crazy amount of species, but it's pretty easy to remember their needs by top of mind. In my parks after I finish an enclosure, I just replace the dinosaur every time one dies.

Top Bottom