Dinosaur/Prehistory-based Games

I figured doing this wouldn't hurt much. But anyways...

So far, this is a collection of games based around dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts. Primarily to avoid a spam-fest outta me, and because games with this theme are too few. To name said few:

Primal Carnage) So far, despite lag issues and certain bugs (mainly Tyrannosaur heads clipping through the walls, blame the engine), this is pretty fun. Especially since it's pretty much L4D meets Jurassic Park. The dino classes include Carnotaurus, Dilophosaurus, Novaraptor (fictional), Pteranodon, Spinosaurus (currently limited to one of the game modes), Tyrannosaurus, and based off a little something I saw today which may or may not be true... Ceratosaurus.

Dino D-Day) WWII with Dinosaurs... Never played it, but I think some of you guys might enjoy it. Dinosaur classes include Compsognathus, Desmatosuchus, Dilophosaurus, Microraptor, Protoceratops, Stygimoloch, Styracosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, and Velociraptor.

Stone Rage) No dinosaurs, but it does have playable Cenozoic animals. Plus Cro-Magnons... And Neanderthals. Confirmed animals include Arsinoitherium, Aurochs, Cave Bear, Eagle, Entelodont, Gastornis, Glyptodont, Mastodon, Megatherium, Saber-Tooth Cat, Wolf (Dire AND Grey), Woolly Mammoth, and Woolly Rhinoceros.

I'll post more later, that way we can start up discussion.

Speaking of dinosaur sims, I'd like to bring this one up: Saurian.

It's set in Western North America 66 million years ago, and the idea is that people can play as true to life reconstructions of dinosaurs, including Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, and Ankylosaurus.

I'd also like to being up The Stomping Land, which is a survival game revolving around cavemen hunting dinosaurs for meat, while trying to compete with predators and each other. So far, they recently showed off their Gallimimus (the model may or may not be redone, so just concept art for now), Puertasaurus (it's pretty big, trust me), and Styracosaurus. They also confirmed Austroraptor (a short-armed, fish-eating raptor), Azdarchid (Giraffe-Stork, to be brief), Carnotaurus, Prestosuchus (Terrestrial Crocodile with a T. rex's face), Therizinosaurus (Goose meets Wolverine), Ankylosaurus, Stygimoloch, Shantungosaurus (Big duckbill), Psittacosaurus, and if it's still in-game hopefully, T. rex.

Lastly, Dino Run 2's having a Kickstarter. This time, it's more than raptors. Triceratops, Parasaurolophus, Pachycephalosaurus, Pterosaurs, and Archaeopteryx are planned to be playable.

Top Bottom