Dinosaurs Dinosaur Wishlist Mega Thread

I was wondering if anybody want those known primitive ceratopsians in this game?

- Psittacosaurus: Early Cretaceous, Khok Kraut Formation (Thailand), Shestakovskaya Svita (Russia), Khooldzin Svita (Gobi Desert, Mongolia), Yixian Formation (Liaoning, China). It appeared in the original Jurassic Park Ride in Universal Studios amusement park.

- Protoceratops: Late Cretaceous, Djadokta Formation (Gobi Desert, Mongolia), Bayan Mandahu Formation (Inner Mongolia, China). This species received attention because of its role in Dino Riders cartoon.

- Microceratops: Late Cretaceous, Bayan Shireh Formation (Gobi Desert, Mongolia). This species received attention because of Disney's Dinosaur and the 17th of 26 episodes of The Land Before Time TV series.

Why These Dinosaurs in Semi Canon and Canon and References should be given a chance to appear in the current game and it sequel if a sequel is coming.

CRYOLOPHOSAURUS: As Seen from the Prime Attack Camp Cretaceous Canon Toy Line.

8fabcd286aae4c119bec9073e32134da 1.jpg

CONCAVENATOR: A Semi Canon dinosaur featured in Fallen kingdom as an Easter Egg Stuffed Dinosaur.
file-20180621-137750-1x1e397 1.jpg

ALAMOSAURUS: A Easter Egg Titanosaur featured as a skeleton in Jurassic Park movie. I was Surprised Frontier Did not include this dinosaur in the Return to Jurassic Park DLC.
marker-1540604457ln260.jpg

TENONTOSAURUS: a dinosaur mentioned by dr. Ian Malcolm in the original novel by Michael Crichton.
Tenontosaurus_a287.jpg

HADROSAURUS: a dinosaur was featured in the novel by Michael Crichton but unfortunately was cut from the original Jurassic Park movie for the gallimimus T-Rex hunt scene.
jurassic_park_novel__hadrosaurus__new_art____by_hellraptorstudios_d8n1jmk-fullview.jpg

MICROCERATUS: Colin trevorrows favorite dinosaur was cut from Fallen kingdom and there's a good possibility this dinosaur will also appear in Jurassic world Dominion.
Microceratus.jpg

PELOROPLITES: featured as a skeleton scattered throughout Isla nublar in several scenes as an Easter egg. Most likely out competed with the new dinosaurs brought to Isla nublar during the event of Jurassic world with the introduction of Ankylosaurus to Isla nublar.
gettyimages-98955518-1024x1024.jpg

PACHYRHINOSAURUS: a dinosaur I had hoped it would appear in Fallen kingdom but most likely will feature in Jurassic world Dominion due to its popularity in other pop culture dinosaur movies and also my nephew's favorite ceratopsid and mine.
pachyrhinosaurus_canadensis_by_atrox1_d2nycr7-fullview.jpg

ALIORAMUS: featured in the prime attack Canon Toy Line for camp Cretaceous

alioramus-remotus-a-prehistoric-era-sergey-krasovskiy.jpg

RUGOPS: a dinosaur that was used in the indominus Rex DNA in the first Jurassic world film.
raul-ramos-draw-dinovember-2016-day-30-rugops-by-raul-ramos 1.jpg

I was wondering if anybody want those known primitive ceratopsians in this game?

- Psittacosaurus: Early Cretaceous, Khok Kraut Formation (Thailand), Shestakovskaya Svita (Russia), Khooldzin Svita (Gobi Desert, Mongolia), Yixian Formation (Liaoning, China). It appeared in the original Jurassic Park Ride in Universal Studios amusement park.

- Protoceratops: Late Cretaceous, Djadokta Formation (Gobi Desert, Mongolia), Bayan Mandahu Formation (Inner Mongolia, China). This species received attention because of its role in Dino Riders cartoon.

- Microceratops: Late Cretaceous, Bayan Shireh Formation (Gobi Desert, Mongolia). This species received attention because of Disney's Dinosaur and the 17th of 26 episodes of The Land Before Time TV series.

Oh yeah. Definitely want those three.

(More miscellaneous dinosaur species option candidates for anything)

Jurassic World: Dominion and the planned upcoming live-action TV show are likely going to have new on-screen species that weren’t present in the previous big and small installments of the franchise’s film series, and I know for fact those will automatically be included for Frontier to develop on. So, this list is for those if they won’t make it in any of them, maybe.

1. Nothronychus (North America): A therizinosaur type herbivore that gave science a clear view of what this group of dinosaurs looked like.

2. Miragaia (Europe): A stegosaur herbivore with an unusually long neck.

3. Mononykus (Asia): A small theropod thought to have fed mainly on insects. (In Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, sculptures of these things, later to be expanded as taxidermied specimens in a minor known source, were used in Lockwood’s Mansion. Whether or not they are officially just statues or taxidermy dinosaurs, their design suits well for a JP film.)

4. Cryolophosaurus (Antarctica): A crested carnivore from the Jurassic from what is now the frozen continent of Antarctica.

5. Saltasaurus (South America): A sauropod type dinosaur that had a short neck and bony armored features on its back.

6. Tarbosaurus (Asia): A huge tyrannosaur predator that may be synonymous with Tyrannosaurus, and may have been the top predator of its environment.

7. Yangchuanosaurus (Asia): A large powerful carnivorous dinosaur discovered in China that lived during the Jurassic.

8. Elaphrosaurus (Africa): A long and slender theropod dinosaur that may have been either herbivorous or omnivore due other known related species. (A different Paleobotany could workout for something like this, but I'm not entirely sure about that yet.)

9. Tenontosaurus (North America): A herbivorous ornithopod dinosaur with a rather long tail, and a contemporary of Deinonychus.

10. Diabloceratops (North America): A ceratopsian dinosaur whose name is referred to the horns on the top of its frill.

Last edited:
8. Elaphrosaurus (Africa): A long and slender theropod dinosaur that may have been either herbivorous or omnivore due other known related species. (A different Paleobotany could workout for something like this, but I'm not entirely sure about that yet.)
Maybe, by my calculations there are 18,144,000 possible palaeobotany combinations for a family, assuming they dislike and like 3 plants each, with only 6 being used so far (with Iguanodonts and Hadrosaurids having 5 and 7 overall interactions instead).

That said I wouldn't be surprised if Ornithomimidae is already planned as the general Theropod palaeobotany group.

Two potential types of inaccurate, termite feeding Alvarezsaurid
You might want to brace yourselves, I'm here with another inaccurate suggestion.

The Termites
This one sort of goes hand in hand with the situation of termites being a major feature of an insect feeder.
The only Costa Rican termite I could find is Nasutitermes corniger (conehead termites), an arboreal nesting termite, some examples of the nests below:
termit-nest-2-72.jpg
termit-nest-72.jpg
1584804623743.jpeg
Nasutitermes_corniger05.jpg
In reality Nasutitermes probably aren't the best for feeding on generally, due to the chemical defenses of their soldiers. Alvarezsaurids also, assuming they fed on termites, likely scratched at tree bark, rather than the mounds themselves, but that wouldn't really be as much to look at for a feeder in my opinion, though a fallen log may fit the purpose of it as well, being more general feed, with other insects and such.

Type 1 Alvarezsaurid (Mononykus/Shuvuuia base)
JWE Mononykus.png

This one uses the Mononykus reconstruction by Scott Hartman, with him using the skull and some other characters from Shuvuuia (as it's the only Alvarezsaurid skull known at the time & as far as I know). To aid in termite feeding I've given both of these an extended tongue and nictitating membranes over the eyes.

Free tongues in general aren't considered accurate, with bird like tongues only being present in Paraves to our knowledge. Alvarezsaurids don't exactly have well preserved enough skulls to compare it, but it's still quite unlikely. Longer than jaw tongues in birds also seem to require significant skull modifications, just to store them in the skull, as seen in Hummingbirds and Woodpeckers (with the forked back of the tongue modified in both cases).

Tongues are normal for the game dinosaurs (kind of canon as well), so a couple might as well use them for something. The tongue and slight under bite of this one are influenced by Numbats.

The wrists of both of these are also rotated 90 degrees (maybe even more, not really sure), which would allow for a sort of doggy paddle, raking action when raised against a termite mound (a more accurate sideways action might require more movement, animation wise, but they are probably about the same, I just figured that this is just a Jurassic Park-ism anyway).

Type 2 Alvarezsaurid (Alvarezsaurus base, more extreme)
JWE Alvarezsaurus.png

As you might be able to tell, this one takes a fair bit of influence from the South American Anteaters. It's extreme enough that I'd only really be comfortable with Alvarezsaurus or Bonapartenykus taking this form. Bonapartenykus is the largest Alvarezsaurid, being estimated at 3 metres in length, as opposed to the largest Asian one, Mononykus, being a little over 1 metre in length. If both types of Alvarezsaurid I've proposed were considered, then a size difference might be good, even if it's small.

Stength wise, the Asian Alvarezsaurids are likely stronger proportionally than the South American ones, due to the shapes of their shoulder blades.

Well - at present - Alioramini tyrannosaurs, Therizinosaurs, Oviraptorsaurs, Alvarezsaurs, Megaraptora & Megalosaurs are theropod groups which are complete unrepresented in the game. So we need some DLC/Dino packs which can fix this issue, with at least 1 species from each group.

Will it be too much? As I watching a documentary series Planet Dinosaur, I thought of some suggestions. Anybody want these dinosaur species in a possible Jurassic Dinosaur DLC pack?

- Archaeopteryx: Late Jurassic, Solnhofen Formation (Germany). It appeared in the 2015 Jurassic Park arcade game as an enemy.

- Camptosaurus: Late Jurassic, Morrison Formation (Colorado, USA), Como Bluff (Wyoming, USA), Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry (Utah, USA). It appeared briefly in the eighth Land Before Time film.

- Ornitholestes: Late Jurassic, Bone Cabin Quarry (Wyoming, USA), Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry (Utah, USA). It appeared as a carcass in The Lost World: Jurassic Park novel.

Will it be too much? As I watching a documentary series Planet Dinosaur, I thought of some suggestions. Anybody want these dinosaur species in a possible Jurassic Dinosaur DLC pack?

- Archaeopteryx: Late Jurassic, Solnhofen Formation (Germany). It appeared in the 2015 Jurassic Park arcade game as an enemy.

- Camptosaurus: Late Jurassic, Morrison Formation (Colorado, USA), Como Bluff (Wyoming, USA), Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry (Utah, USA). It appeared briefly in the eighth Land Before Time film.

- Ornitholestes: Late Jurassic, Bone Cabin Quarry (Wyoming, USA), Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry (Utah, USA). It appeared as a carcass in The Lost World: Jurassic Park novel.
As general suggestions they're fine, I'm not sure if Archaeopteryx would be less likely due to feathers, though it's a perfectly fine to suggest it.

Specifically as a 3 dinosaur pack on the other hand, there are some general patterns that might effect it's perceived likelihood, mostly the fact each one usually comes from a different in-game continent, but also the fact none of their time ranges overlap (the closest to breaking this is the Cretaceous pack, with Carcharodontosaurus being from earliest Late Cretaceous & Dreadnoughtus being from later in the Late Cretaceous, though there is no true "Middle Cretaceous" so that might be the reason).

Of course this perceived attempt at time diversity may purely be by chance (Anywhere from 11.57% to 60.18% chance of happening randomly depending on the assumptions made), as might also be the case for continent diversity (about 17.15% chance of happening randomly, assuming roughly equal chance for all continents). It only takes one pack to destroy any patterns.

Last edited:
Personally - I don't any more Asian Stegosaurs - 3 species is more than enough. Instead I would like see some Asian exotic theropods - like Oviraptor, Gigantoraptor, Deinocherius, or Therizinosaurus.

Personally - I don't any more Asian Stegosaurs - 3 species is more than enough. Instead I would like see some Asian exotic theropods - like Oviraptor, Gigantoraptor, Deinocherius, or Therizinosaurus.
I'd say that Wuerhosaurus is understandable, having a bit of freedom with plate shape and a different time period (the Early Cretaceous isn't represented at all from Asia currently).

What I really have trouble understanding is the consistent want for Tuojiangosaurus, considering Chunkingosaurus is pretty clearly meant to fill the role. My only guess is that it's similar to the want for Brontosaurus, in that it's more attachment to the name than anything else.

I'd say that Wuerhosaurus is understandable, having a bit of freedom with plate shape and a different time period (the Early Cretaceous isn't represented at all from Asia currently).

What I really have trouble understanding is the consistent want for Tuojiangosaurus, considering Chunkingosaurus is pretty clearly meant to fill the role. My only guess is that it's similar to the want for Brontosaurus, in that it's more attachment to the name than anything else.

Given that Apatosaurus, Diplodocus, and Mamenchisaurus were available in the game; I am not sure if anybody want Barosaurus. Regarding crested hadrosaurs, will it be too much if Lambeosaurus and Saurolophus are added?

The same could be said regarding Centrosaurus that functioned similar to Sinoceratops and Styracosaurus even though their appearances were different.

1. Tuojiangosaurus is the most well known Chinese stegosaur, both to science and dinosaur fandom... it's basically the Stegosaurus of China...
2. Tuojiangosaurus is the second largest stegosaur known to science, after Stegosaurus itself...
3. Call it a hunch, but a lot of people would have been much happier with Tuojiangosaurus than Chungkingosaurus... as I said before, it's bigger, more famous, and the only thing Chungkingosaurus has is the extra spikes on the tail... which based on the vague descriptions isn't accurately portrayed in JWE anyways...

Given that Apatosaurus, Diplodocus, and Mamenchisaurus were available in the game; I am not sure if anybody want Barosaurus. Regarding crested hadrosaurs, will it be too much if Lambeosaurus and Saurolophus are added?

The same could be said regarding Centrosaurus that functioned similar to Sinoceratops and Styracosaurus even though their appearances were different.
I did mean Brontosaurus before, which only recently became a genus again, after being in Apatosaurus for a hundred years or something. That said Barosaurus has also been suggested occasionally.

In the case of Lambeosaurus, Saurolophus & Centrosaurus, they are distinct to a degree. I imagine when frontier pick dinos they weigh their unique attributes(in their eyes) against how much people want them. That said, how much people want them probably matters more towards that, for example if literally everybody wanted Brontosaurus, they'd probably get it eventually. Out of the three, Lambeosaurus has most support.

1. Tuojiangosaurus is the most well known Chinese stegosaur, both to science and dinosaur fandom... it's basically the Stegosaurus of China...
2. Tuojiangosaurus is the second largest stegosaur known to science, after Stegosaurus itself...
3. Call it a hunch, but a lot of people would have been much happier with Tuojiangosaurus than Chungkingosaurus... as I said before, it's bigger, more famous, and the only thing Chungkingosaurus has is the extra spikes on the tail... which based on the vague descriptions isn't accurately portrayed in JWE anyways...

I know I wished they had Tuojiangosaurus in place of all three of the Asian Stegosaurs we got.

Given that Apatosaurus, Diplodocus, and Mamenchisaurus were available in the game; I am not sure if anybody want Barosaurus.

Agreed. If we get another sauropod in the game it should one which is very different from the others - such as maybe a Dicraeosaurid or a Saltasaurid.

Well in terms of Centrosaurine Ceratopsids - the only I would like to see would be Pachyrhinosaurus.

I know I wished they had Tuojiangosaurus in place of all three of the Asian Stegosaurs we got.

Agreed. If we get another sauropod in the game it should one which is very different from the others - such as maybe a Dicraeosaurid or a Saltasaurid.

Well in terms of Centrosaurine Ceratopsids - the only I would like to see would be Pachyrhinosaurus.

I am with you for Pachyrhinosaurus. Will it be in a DLC pack? Or will it appear in Jurassic World: Dominion and be available as part of a free update?
I got the data about Saltasaurus and I wonder will it be added.

Top Bottom