Dinosaur's ordinal numbers

When i release a dinosaur its name is signed with a number. Ex: TRC-001 (for a Triceratops).

I created 4 Tsintaosauruses. Their names are signed to 001, 002, 003 and 004.

I sold all of these Tsintaosauruses, then i created another group of them. But it kept counting forward: 005, 006, 007 and 008 (Even though i sold all of the Tsintaosauruses created before).

So the question is: I want to know if there is hidden counting system for this, and how to reset it? (Like you've never been created any of that species before and start counting from 001 again).

This is sometimes frustrating because: When you release dinosaurs in order, and their names are signed with ordinal numbers, there is NO WAY to change the order. When you select them and press the --> button, the camera alway goes from 001 and forward, even if you change the 001 dinosaur into something like TRC - 999, the system always remember it as the first 001 dinosaur.

Thank you!

I've found it to be self-evident that there is a unique #ID for each individual dino spawned in each park. The only way I've found to reset the counter is to reset the particular park. I would theorize that passing XXX-999 would restart at XXX-001, but that's a tall order to reach (and probably comes with bugs).

When i release a dinosaur its name is signed with a number. Ex: TRC-001 (for a Triceratops).

I created 4 Tsintaosauruses. Their names are signed to 001, 002, 003 and 004.

I sold all of these Tsintaosauruses, then i created another group of them. But it kept counting forward: 005, 006, 007 and 008 (Even though i sold all of the Tsintaosauruses created before).

So the question is: I want to know if there is hidden counting system for this, and how to reset it? (Like you've never been created any of that species before and start counting from 001 again).

This is sometimes frustrating because: When you release dinosaurs in order, and their names are signed with ordinal numbers, there is NO WAY to change the order. When you select them and press the --> button, the camera alway goes from 001 and forward, even if you change the 001 dinosaur into something like TRC - 999, the system always remember it as the first 001 dinosaur.

Thank you!

This is why in the idea and suggestions area of the forum I've recommend that Frontier implement a dinosaur counter by species. This would be very help for knowing the social and population requirements and maxing out your enclosures to ensure you get the most money you can out of them and increasing your dinosaur and facility ratings.

Please Frontier, are you listening?

Top Bottom