Dinosaurs General Gameplay Dinosaurs should break out if they are hungry or thirsty for too long

One mechanic I notice missing is how dinosaurs don't really break out when they are hungry or thirsty for too long. You could have a T-rex with all her environment needs met in a light fence, yet when she is starving, she does not decide to break out and eat the guests and would starve to death instead.

This would add to the significance and danger to some dinosaurs, like the parasaurolophus and gallimimus would sadly starve to death, but dinosaurs the triceratops, stygimoloch, stegosaurus, sauropods, and all carnivores should attempt to break out if they are hungry or thirsty for too long. It does not need to be connected to their comfort need, just a trigger to attempt to break the fence if they go hungry for too long.

Actually, I've been lately thinking of the break outs and might post my suggestion on the whole, but I think this could be nice if they keep it reserved to the specimens that would most likely do it.

In reality, the main behaviour of starving animals would be just restlessness at the first stages: the wandering of one place to another in look for food, in a way increasingly uneasy. Some species do become violent that way but even within those species some specimens have a greater chance of just drop back and do nothing than to go berserk.

So, for instance, animals such as Metriacanthosaurus or Ceratosaurus could perhaps have a chance of either break out or keep wandering to starvation?

I would like to see that post.

But yeah, it should be varied between species. I always pictured that the more dangerous the dinosaur is built up to be, the more likely they would break out before starving to death.

Like the cerato as an early dinosaur is very peaceful for a carnivore, and would not break out for food.
Whereas gigantic carnivores like the T-rex would definitely breakout when they get a tad hungry as she is brought up to be a hunter, so the lack of food would make her aggressive and want to hunt down the guests.

I don't know if this is scientifically accurate, I was just thinking of mechanics that would work in game and actually make the more expensive and gigantic carnivores dangerous to have in the parks.

Top Bottom