Dinosaurs General Gameplay Dinosaurs who have killed guests should have their star rating temporarily penalized.

Currently, the danger of having the dinosaurs breaking out and eating the guests feel rather lacking. Money will be lost but we have enough money as is to continue our park.

I was thinking that it would be cool if the dinosaurs that broke out and killed the guests would temporarily lose their overall rating. The reason why we incubated these carnivores are for their large ratings they bring into the park. If a carnivore that breaks out and kills a guest would only lead to a loss of income, then it is alright, the money will still flow. But if the carnivore's rating is penalized, then park growth has reached a bump, it needs time to get that rating back in order to reach the later stars, or worse, lose a large chunk of guests visiting the park in addition to the lawsuits.

I think this makes sense in terms of gameplay and setting, would you really want to visit a park and see the dinosaur that killed the guests so soon? The penalty should last for a notable amount of time. I would say 4 min (or longer for challenge mode), and 1 minute after that to slowly grow the star rating again to its original rating. Selling the dinosaur will not get as much of an income as the same dinosaur of the initial rating, and having the dinosaur tranquilized will only prolong the penalty. You could have the dinosaur engage in combat with another dinosaur and have that dinosaur gain half of the penalized dinosaur's rating no problem, but if the penalized dinosaur is the top of his species, it may kill the dinosaur, gain that dinosaurs rating, but still not affect the penalty period.

What do you guys think? Is it a bit harsh? I really want to raise the pressure a bit when a dinosaur escapes from its enclosure. It could be a pack of raptors, or the indominus rex that gathered plenty of combat infamy to make it reach 1000 stars that will determine the penalty's effect in your park's growth. Let me know what you think!

I think its good although 4 mins sounds a little too long maybe just a minute would be nice.
True, I have a somewhat bad sense of time for these things. 1 minute would make sense, so it will be a min of penalty and a min to recover. Maybe it could be extended based on the difficulty of the park too.

What if in addition to the dinosaur's rating being penalized, guests will also temporarily avoid that part of the park? Not only would many guests avoid going to a carnivore's enclosure after a lethal breakout, but they may even be fearful to go near its enclosure. This would also mean less profit from guest facilities near that carnivore's enclosure, as well as the problem of overcrowding everywhere else in the park.

Top Bottom