Disable power grid mission, what am I supposed to be doing?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Im Out and about round Colonia and take on this mission for a cool million but when I get to the settlement I don't know what to do.
I've tried scanning the power grid plus a nearby fuel power grid...nothing, then I resorted to shooting it. The fuel power grid blew up easily but the settlement power grid seems impervious to repeater fire, and I keep getting my handed to me by the patroling security ships. Any help guys?

Im Out and about round Colonia and take on this mission for a cool million but when I get to the settlement I don't know what to do.
I've tried scanning the power grid plus a nearby fuel power grid...nothing, then I resorted to shooting it. The fuel power grid blew up easily but the settlement power grid seems impervious to repeater fire, and I keep getting my handed to me by the patroling security ships. Any help guys?

Not done one for a while, but as I recall you basically have to shoot the power generator till it is destroyed. The power generators reside in a kinda cylindrical shed (possibly slightly orange coloured if I remember right), so make sure you are shooting the generator itself and not the "building" it's in.

The other popular method is not to use the SRV at all, just whack on some fixed missile launchers on a small ship and blow it up from that (quite a lot of splash damage so don't need to be super accurate).

I've had the same confusion with these missions. Does anyone know what, if anything, is the point of scanning the various data ports? Other than of course to collect various types of data... but I don't fully understand the countdown bit...

There is a very specific box on the platform.

Get in the little rover and carefull take out any turrets first.
Make your way up and keep looking for a larger box like structure and shoot it until it explodes.

Once done the mission will update.
Also if you use the gunner view, you'll actually see the target (usually grey) and select it. It says something to the regard of power

ive shot some with my shop tho cause if I recall, these didn't blow in the rover thing

Last edited:
If the mission title is "grid", the installation probably has more than one generator to kill. Otherwise the title just says "generator".

Easiest way to do these is fix dumbfire missiles and a point defense to your ship. Put the point defense on the bottom of your hull, if possible.

About 2km out, zoom in with your external camera. Spot all generators: bright orange rectangles. Shower missiles on them until the mission updates. PD should handle return fire SAMs.

Remember you're probably wanted in that system now.

Last edited:
If the mission title is "grid", the installation probably has more than one generator to kill. Otherwise the title just says "generator".

Easiest way to do these is fix dumbfire missiles and a point defense to your ship. Put the point defense on the bottom of your hull, if possible.

About 2km out, zoom in with your external camera. Spot all generators: bright orange rectangles. Shower missiles on them until the mission updates. PD should handle return fire SAMs.

Remember you're probably wanted in that system now.

Yup.. pretty much.. I usually hit a Steph Curry 3 from about 3km out with my FDS and dumbfire missiles. I dont even bother to land anymore. Just launch about two of them somewhere in the vicinity of the generator, and wait for the blue letters to pop up on my screen, then im gone to collect my money....

Doesnt always work from space. A few require a data link. Got me first time in happened.

Btw fgs only thing i like it for is base assault!

I will give a short vid on me doing it in two different ways. First its a normal Dumbfire missile strike, then I go up to supercruse to get in position for a orbital glidebombing with mines. if u only wanna see the stuff go boom missiles are at the start and the mine bombing starts around 2:10 min mark. I hope this will help in some way
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gck-WhoS73A

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom