Disconnects: Could not connect to matchmaking server, Mauve Adder.

Anyone else having this problem?
Connection Error, Could not connect to matchmaking server. Error Code: Mauve Adder

I can't get into my account or when I do get in, within 30 seconds Im kicked with above message shortly afteward.

Odd thing is I can log into ED just fine on my other PS4 accounts.

Steps taken:
Rebooted Router, Cleared PS4 cache by unplugging for 1 min, cleared game save data.

(Edit: Now I can get online, but every single time the FSD animation starts, I get kicked. Same message.)

Last edited:
Me too, exactly the same issue plus it’s really sluggish to load the game (XBOX) and when it does eventually load, it will only run for about 30 seconds before
Connection Error, Could not connect to matchmaking server. Error Code: Mauve Adder
Just forked out 5 billion for an FC too 🤨

Just an update in case it helps anyone else. I disconnected EVERYTHING from power. That’s the console, router, TV, HDMI splitter AND then removed power cables from everything for a couple of minutes. It all now seems to be working the way it should - so far Mauve Adder is history! 👋🏻👍🏻 Hope that works for you too!

Same error to me, ~ every 10 Minutes, Mauve Adder. Freshly started PS4, nothing running besides Elite.
Mostly after jumping or entering normal Flight from SC.

I have no Problems on PC though....

I'm getting the same problem. I get a black screen and it takes around 4 minutes to load the game up but you can hear the soundtrack. Then once in, as soon as I try to jump anywhere, I get the mauve adder message: could not connect to matchmaking server?

Tried disconnecting and unplugging everything but unfortunately this doesn't work.

Same here and followed all the steps listed above, get to the station am docked in after a long wait/load screen, then as soon as I try to do anything, kicks me out.

Was able to play a few training scenarios though, assume these dont need connection to the servers.

I'm getting the same problem. I get a black screen and it takes around 4 minutes to load the game up but you can hear the soundtrack. Then once in, as soon as I try to jump anywhere, I get the mauve adder message: could not connect to matchmaking server?

Tried disconnecting and unplugging everything but unfortunately this doesn't work.

Logged in this morning and was able to play okay although still appear to be getting screen freezes and slow frame rates when jumping.

Yesterday it worked fine again. No idea what caused the problem, but i will keep on testing.
What i did (with no info if this really solved anything): Defraged the HD, i read this in a reddit post...
I don´t see any connection between the issues and the HD, looks more like a freaky coincident...

Yesterday it worked fine again. No idea what caused the problem, but i will keep on testing.
What i did (with no info if this really solved anything): Defraged the HD, i read this in a reddit post...
I don´t see any connection between the issues and the HD, looks more like a freaky coincident...
That's weird, cos I did exactly that as well, and was fairly stable after that. As you say though, may be coincidence.

It's happening any system where there is a massive FLEET CARRIER presence. Stop unplugging you TV! Frontier knows about it. They now just need to do something about it. Their servers can't handle the new addition of carriers crowding systems.

Just jumped into the Areklici System to sell my LTD (offering 1.6m) then it all happened! Can't open the game anymore - I also thought that with the price being so good, everyone wants to be there!

Just jumped into the Areklici System to sell my LTD (offering 1.6m) then it all happened! Can't open the game anymore - I also thought that with the price being so good, everyone wants to be there!
Exactly where I am, and what I'm trying to do! FDev broke the game and now they need to fix it. They don't have the server capacity. Time to call Microsoft and get more bandwidth. Otherwise, the carriers have just killed the game for owners and non-owners. I'm stuck on my FC!

That´s really sad, but understandable from the players point of view.
The best solution would be to drastically decrease the prices for LTD and increase the Payout for other means of playing,
like bounty hunting, missions or exploring.
Why not linking Mission rewards to your Trading-Rank AND Reputation? Why not paying way more for killing Pirates in Hazardous Sites? Or CZ?
No, it has to be grinding ONE lousy rock, so that 50% of Players gather in exactly ONE Point in a galaxy of 400 Billion Systems.

Yes, nobody forces people to do this, but people tend to follow the "easiest" way to make money.

Top Bottom